2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel free to call me a dickhead if I've gotten this arse about but if we have 24 case swappers each brewing 24 longnecks doesn't that mean that we are each going to be taking home one longneck of our own brew? If so would it make more sense to have 25 swappers each taking home 24 longnecks (ie not taking one of their own)? Means one more person can be involved (Relaxed Brewer being first reserve would probably agree with me...)

#controversial

you dont want to taste one before you swap and make sure its not infected?

:)

but yes, you take one of your own home, it'd be a diabolical mess to try to do it any other way

I've brewed enough that I have a few bottles extra for testing (minus the one I dropped yesterday), I guess I figured I can always brew it again so I'm not bothered if I don't take my own home.

Seriously, it makes the swap so much easier if you have all 24 lined up, boxes can be packed and all will go smoothly, particularly if its done a bit late and the packer is .... of somewhat reduced mental capacity...

there is an unwritten rule that you can leave your extra for the host... but please dont :lol:

:drinks:

Im still bustin my brain trying to work out how we are going to support a couple of hundred kilo of mash tuns :lol:

Ive seen them collapse on previous swaps so if anyone has ideas Im open to suggestion...

Currently thinking of making a trellis out of the fold up ladder and some timber.... kind of impromptu platform if you will.. most of the stuff Ive been looking at is not really rated to the sort of weight we are going to commit to it...

Yob said:
Im still bustin my brain trying to work out how we are going to support a couple of hundred kilo of mash tuns :lol:

Ive seen them collapse on previous swaps so if anyone has ideas Im open to suggestion...

Currently thinking of making a trellis out of the fold up ladder and some timber.... kind of impromptu platform if you will.. most of the stuff Ive been looking at is not really rated to the sort of weight we are going to commit to it...
Pallets ?

ro55c0 said:
Ahhh... Hadn't considered that part of it (case swap virgin). Fair enough :)
It's good to taste one before so you know what you are giving people. Once people start providing feedback, it's also good to have another to try to see if you pick up similar flavours/characters.

I can very likely provide a few stacks of pallets, which are also awesome for getting stuff off your garage floor so folks might want them afterwards.

I could bring my mig welder and weld the put to the house lol

Yob said:

I spotted a couple of leftover lengths of "C" section steel used to construct the shed at the new property if you reckon they'd help. 'Haven't measured anything, but I'm sure they're 2-3M each & could easily support the weights required.

I have some left over steel too...sounds like a plan !! The friday b4???..this is still like 2-3 months away .. I think we ar too organised..something is gonna go wrong !!

Speaking of organised, I managed to sneak in a brew for the swap today. Hit my OG but a little low on volume. Should be enough for 24 longnecks though.

PFC??????

I thought you said PFD - and I thought, this is gonna get weird. Why do I need a Personal Flotation Device for a swap meet

with the siz

GrumpyPaul said:
PFC??????

I thought you said PFD - and I thought, this is gonna get weird. Why do I need a Personal Flotation Device for a swap meet
With the size of the brew thats happening and reported dodgy supports, you may well need a PFD.

Wish I could get to this but a 7 hour drive each way rules me out...ATM.

Back