2008 Nsw Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IBUs - who will drive themselves to Sydney and who wants a lift? Room in the Falcon wagon for all 5 of us if you don't mind a squeeze, anyone definitely not able to come to Sydney on the 6th ?

I don't know what I'm doing on the 6th, but I hardly know what I'm doing tomorrow. Well, actually, I'm brewing my case swap beer tomorrow. Have no fear, it'll be ready in time. There should be a nice cake of Denny's Favorite 50 to pitch in a couple days. Brewing a nice simple ale with nice simple hop schedule so we can all check out what this yeast is all about. Attenuative and malty, hey? We'll see about that!

Anyway, at the very least, I would appreciate a lift for my case on 6/12. Will do what I can to get another beer visa from the Minister of Domestic Affairs for myself as well, but so few shopping weekends until Xmas!

Mate! You're starting to sound like Tony!

At least I spell better than he does.

....and it'd be shame to see you submit something that isn't up to the same standards.

thanks for the compliment, but it won't happen. I'll never submit a sub standard brew - it may not be the first choice (or second or third choice as it turns out) but it will be drinkable. I'll win this battle.

:icon_offtopic:

IBUs - who will drive themselves to Sydney and who wants a lift? Room in the Falcon wagon for all 5 of us if you don't mind a squeeze, anyone definitely not able to come to Sydney on the 6th ?

Hi FG,

I'm up for the road trip, but can you get 10 x cases in the dog box and 3 x IBUs along the bench?

cheers

grant

:lol: :lol:
:lol: Love your work Tony!

Bloody shame about these recent dodgy batches though! I'm hoping its just a bit of bad luck...last thing we need is good homebrewers losing their motivation over a few batches gone wrong.

Hi FG,

I'm up for the road trip, but can you get 10 x cases in the dog box and 3 x IBUs along the bench?

cheers

grant

The shaggin' wagon will take all with room to spare. No cd player so we will need to sing any Cold Chisel songs. Extra passengers act as ballast cos brakes are a bit dodgy (ask Monkeybusiness). I'll book you a seat in the back.

Bloody shame about these recent dodgy batches though! I'm hoping its just a bit of bad luck...last thing we need is good homebrewers losing their motivation over a few batches gone wrong.

Anyone who loses motivation cos a few brews go amiss shouldn't be in the game. Blokes like Tony and myself just HTFU and get on with the task. As a bonus, Tony being a sparky - he gets depressed, sticks his finger in a socket - instant electric shock treatment. Brilliant anti depressant. Stuffs up his hair, but that's a small price for peace of mind. But remember, he is a trained professional - don't try that at home kids.

Me, I'm a tax accountant. I've seen and heard it all. Nothing shocks me.

FG, I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make the road trip this time. looks like I'll be wrangling kids at my son's bday party that day. I need to check with the missus and see if we can shift the birthday.

Just about to pitch the yeast in my effort. managed to leave the tap open on the fermenter (bugger bugger bugger) and lost about 2L of goodness over the floor. Looks like some late night mopping for me.

:huh:

What hair?

:ph34r:

HEy lets not mention the belly here if were gonna get personal :lol:

god i love this site :)

always makes me smile

I do have a good batch or Red ale to go if someone drops out. It was made with Galaxy and wow that hop is potent in small amounts. More like an American amber actually. Quite malty, but bitter and quenching with a fruity hoppiness.

Not to any style....... its tony style and no sign of infection!

cheers

cheers

HEy lets not mention the belly here if were gonna get personal :lol:

god i love this site :)

always makes me smile

I do have a good batch or Red ale to go if someone drops out. It was made with Galaxy and wow that hop is potent in small amounts. More like an American amber actually. Quite malty, but bitter and quenching with a fruity hoppiness.

Not to any style....... its tony style and no sign of infection!

cheers

cheers
of course, you're saving that one for the local swap , aren't you? :p

Who said hair?

After a few gear setbacks this morning, PoMo's Summer Blonde is in the cube! Pitching in the next couple of days. No fear, this one should be good young.

Just kegged and tasted the yeast propagator batch for my case swap beer and pitched the Summer Blonde. OMG! Denny's 50 is a great yeast. It is just a week after pitching and the beer is dry (very well attenuated) yet malty. Just as described. We'll see if the second generation is up to the task as well. Will give this a bit over a week on the yeast, which unfortunately is going to mean my contribution will need to condition in the bottle for a little while after swap day. Should be premium around Chrissy, anyway.

just finished bottling mine and had to take from the 2 batches to do it. it was a comedy of errors. ive never had the tip of the bottler fall off while bottling. oh well i didnt do too bad 29 long necks, 2 500mls, one growler and 1 19L keg not bad out of 2 batches.
mine will need some time to carb up as well. most likely a month from today it will be ready.
on the up side the little dog gave it the tick of approval after the tip came off the bottler and i spilled some.

there are also some spot available for the braggot brew day

Well, my fermenting fridge died the week before brewday of my Summer Ale. "How much difference can it make?", says I. You forget the fundamentals that you have sorted and take for granted. Have just tasted the finished product and there is a significant amounts of diacetyl and acetaldehyde. First brew I've had to put down the drain in 18 months, frustrating.

New fermenting fridge on the way tomorrow. Will have something tasty for the swap, you just may have to leave it for a week to carb up. I hate to be "that guy" - FGZ is waggling his finger in disgust I'm sure :)

Well, my fermenting fridge died the week before brewday of my Summer Ale. "How much difference can it make?", says I. You forget the fundamentals that you have sorted and take for granted. Have just tasted the finished product and there is a significant amounts of diacetyl and acetaldehyde. First brew I've had to put down the drain in 18 months, frustrating.

New fermenting fridge on the way tomorrow. Will have something tasty for the swap, you just may have to leave it for a week to carb up. I hate to be "that guy" - FGZ is waggling his finger in disgust I'm sure :)

I'm still dirty I gave up my seat next to Palmer for you ! :lol: You better have learnt something and have a tale or two to tell.

I bottled my Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale on Saturday, and managed to wring exactly 28 tallies out of the batch (although I had another keg's worth ready just in case.) Should be carbed up and ready for drinking by swap day. Tasted pretty good out of the priming bucket, too.

Just a quick question for gong / newie travellers, roughly when do you plan on arriving & leaving the swap point (Barl's land). Just trying to plan the braggot brew ...

cheers

Latest posts

Back