2008 Nsw Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no-chilled (mock horror!) ;) my Dampfbier, but need a little more time before the ferment fridge is available. It should finish in less than a week at 21C, so that should be OK.

We are the world leaders in no-chill, here in Oz. The US experts (in everything else) at the ANHC were still very much out of the loop.

Had the briefest of chats to Palmer about no chill at ANHC and read a bit of from his book on chilling wort and cold break, which is why he said he'd be against no chill. He said he's do a bit more thinking and talking to his guys on the matter. We'll see whar happens.

6 December, 11.00am ............ where ?

I sampled my flanders brown the other day - I had hoped to put this beer into the swap, but after nearly three months in secondary, the brett has still only chewed through ten gravity points, and I think it has another ten to go. Looks like it won't be ready to bottle until the new year. Tastes pretty good though.

I'll be pitching my summer ale tonight. I hope it's good fresh.

Cheers,

Jon

My backyard is available but I don't wanna take the glory from anyone else.

The new place is a more geographically central Guildford. Anyone else who wants to put their hand up, go for it. Just saying it's there. We have barbies if you want to have a feed.

My Belgian Strong Ale has finished fermenting and is currently carbing up in kegs. If all goes to plan it should be sediment free, clear and nicely carbed ready for drinking on swap day.

Kabooby :)

I'm brewing an English style Summer Ale for the swap right now. I remember drinking a few of these in the UK and thinking "if only they had more hop character". Hope everyone likes EKG and Saaz :p

My backyard is available but I don't wanna take the glory from anyone else.

The new place is a more geographically central Guildford. Anyone else who wants to put their hand up, go for it. Just saying it's there. We have barbies if you want to have a feed.

If you guys don't want to swap in a park, I'm more than happy with Guildford (wherever the F*&K that is :D ). Your hospitality last time Josh was very welcoming and I'd happily go to your new digs. And yes, a BBQ would be good - sausages with a few sips of beer is a real treat and provide sustainance for us how have ventured from afar and still face a long drive home ... B)

If you guys don't want to swap in a park, I'm more than happy with Guildford (wherever the F*&K that is :D ). Your hospitality last time Josh was very welcoming and I'd happily go to your new digs. And yes, a BBQ would be good - sausages with a few sips of beer is a real treat and provide sustainance for us how have ventured from afar and still face a long drive home ... B)

you have a very long drive.... but what a beautiful place you live... If I was still in NSW I would vote to have at your place... :p

My first attempt at an IPA is bottled and ready to go. Only bottled a week ago and it's carbed up already :unsure: . Hope it's done as it finished a little high.
Not quite as bitter as I'd hoped as it did finish a little high, but I think it'll be OK.
I called it the Carbhajan Singh as you'll either love it or hate it I reckon.
Bring on the swap!

edit: Maybe I should call it Gautam Gambeer after that century :rolleyes:

Just cracked a red ale............. its awsome.

Malty then bitter, quite quenching actually.

Low hops (or is it the 150g of saaz boiling behind me spoiling my palate) but fresh and crisp. Clear, clean.

very happy. One of the best ive brewed in a while. Its got body, character and substance but remains crisp and quenching at the same time.

Now........ only one problem........... well not really. I wont have any problem drinking it :)

cheers

Just cracked a red ale............. its awsome.

Malty then bitter, quite quenching actually.

Low hops (or is it the 150g of saaz boiling behind me spoiling my palate) but fresh and crisp. Clear, clean.

very happy. One of the best ive brewed in a while. Its got body, character and substance but remains crisp and quenching at the same time.

Now........ only one problem........... well not really. I wont have any problem drinking it :)

cheers
Good to hear you're back in the game mate!
Certainly sounds like one tasty beverage from the rap you've given it!

Was quite worried for a bit back there with all of your infections and whatnot.

Well the thing that pissed me off mate was that the belgian rye was the 1st infected beer i have had in ages............. hundreds of liters of great beer...... try to make something special for others and what do i get........... shot in the guts and left to die slowly in a shell hole......... well not that bad. Those poor bastards had it a lot worse than i will ever have it. The diggers are my insperatrion in life!

Life is cruel, but worth fighting for!

cheers

Well the thing that pissed me off mate was that the belgian rye was the 1st infected beer i have had in ages............. hundreds of liters of great beer...... try to make something special for others and what do i get........... shot in the guts and left to die slowly in a shell hole......... well not that bad. Those poor bastards had it a lot worse than i will ever have it. The diggers are my insperatrion in life!

Life is cruel, but worth fighting for!

cheers
Tony, R U getting p!ssed and sentimental?

I plan to brew and bottle the Dampfbier in the next 3 weeks. Looks like the Alt gets another week in the fridge.
Better be good!

yep....... pissed anyway. Its friday night, im home alone, brewing and why not!

you should be happy........... think of the spelling to correct :)

cheers

you have a very long drive.... but what a beautiful place you live... If I was still in NSW I would vote to have at your place... :p

Thanks KT - get a case swap to come to me ..no bloody chance. I can't even motivate a couple of the Wollongong brewers to go to Jervis Bay for a brew and and an overnight stay. Always room in the shack here for any brewer looking for a seaside holiday and beer on tap !

So, no other offers - what say Josh's place at Guildford. Stu .. any alternatives at this stage ??

Sounds good to me, Josh. :super:

Shall we give it another couple of days and see if anybody else puts there hand up, then lock it in?

My saison is in secondary ( :huh: ) and I'll be bottling it next weekend. Tasted good on transfer. Not quite as fruity as I'd like yet, but we'll see how it is in a couple of days. Maybe I'll even dry hop it. :icon_cheers:

my place is an option as well, might have to do a bit of sucking up to the other half though. ill be bottling sometime in the near future. might do both batches.

in denistone east near ryde

I'm happy with Barls offer if only on the grounds that its a new venue (and he's a fair sort of chappy too :icon_cheers: ).

Stuster, sorry to put the pressure on you, but as the godfather of the NSW case swap, you get final say. Using your knowledge of Sydney and with a rough idea of where all us swappers are coming from. do we go to Denistone East or Guildford.

Back