2008 Nsw Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my IPA last night so may need a week or so after swap date. Tasted pretty good in the fermenter. Not really sure if I hit IPA levels, might be an ESB instead. Be interesting to see.

Cheers
Andrew.

Bottled my backup beer...Beached Whale Golden Ale...aww no!

Its my 'happy' beer alternative...only 4.7%, plenty of Green Bullet hops, and some wheat and pilsner malt for a light body. Tasted nice when bottling. Has that distinctive 'raisin and marmalade' aroma you get with GB.
I'll do a side-by-side with the weizenbock and decent closer to the date what i'll submit. :D

bump for start time for braggot brew day.

washed bottles on Sunday arvo. Didn't have the motivation to finish the job ;) Will probably do it tonight.

Not long to go now. Hope everyone has had their fun and bottled their beers. :icon_cheers:

I've been sipping on my entry tonight and it's ready to go. Nicely funky. :lol:

If anybody's is too funky or funky is not what you intended, then please drop out now or Fatgodzilla will be coming round to sort you out. :( :D

here he is just as a warning
image008-1.jpg

If anybody's is too funky or funky is not what you intended, then please drop out now or Fatgodzilla will be coming round to sort you out.

I best keep a low profile as I have now tipped out 4 potential case swap efforts (plus other keg efforts) due to extreme funkatabliosis ! After nuking everything I've seen in past weeks, I've hopefully iced that *#^$@ mutha *^$#@ thats ruined my past two months brewing. I've put down what I'm calling an "American Brown Wheat Ale" using Wyeast Scottish Ale. Think of of it as a dunkelweisen with no banana, clove or bubblegum pretentions, just hops and wheat flavours. Fermenting as we speak, will bottle just before heading north. Since Tony can't save my massively impressive arse (takes a big, big hammer to drive this brother's long nail) this one best work or else we'll all be drinking Chimay !

Best afro / moustache at Barl's bash will win a special prize !!

Edit : NO RESERVES, so no one drops out. Failure to turn up will mean this turning up at your place for an extended holiday. Ian_at_Adaminaby_2006.jpg

EDIT # 2 Everyone go to the wiki site and update if you are going to Barl's or not. I have filled out the IBU's to show you how I want it ! This will allow us to check up on who will attend and help with some minor catering matters, as well as allow the military police to work out how many paddy wagons will be needed to take all these drunks away. People who haven't updated but the weekend will be PMed relentlessly all next week until they do so. I don't want any dropouts or no shows this case swap !

The SACSBN (self appointed case swap beer nazi)

Not long to go now. Hope everyone has had their fun and bottled their beers. :icon_cheers:

I've been sipping on my entry tonight and it's ready to go. Nicely funky. :lol:

If anybody's is too funky or funky is not what you intended, then please drop out now or Fatgodzilla will be coming round to sort you out. :( :D

In order to avoid the wrath of FGZ, I bottled my reserve brew last night cause the one I wanted to submit wasn't up to standard. Due to a lack of brew time & no double batches stored in cubes, the reserve is a NDbrewing Amarillo Ale FWK. Tasted good into the bottle. Should be a nice quaffer about boxing day......

Can you bring that for the roadtrip?

No Slim Dusty on this trip I'll tell ya !! I got Earth Wind & Fire's Greatest Hits, plus a 70s disc hit album. Everyone buy am afro wig too !!!

EDIT : GO TO WIKI (ARTICLES ABOVE) AND UPDATE YOUR ATTENDENCE INFORMATION !

Well, due to an unfortunate transport issue (ie. I dropped it) I only have 27 bottles of my entry now :angry:
I'm guessing we will have at least one drop out so I may be safe.
If not some lucky person will be getting an Irish Red instead. Sorry guys.

I'm not able to make to the day due to work commitments. Bastards.

Was there any discussion of drop off points? Or was this idea canned?
If not I'm looking for someone to take me entry, or I can probably drop it off at Barls' earlier if this is OK with him.

Ummmm... You only really need 27 anyway because you are one of the 28 in the swap..... :blink:

Ummmm... You only really need 27 anyway because you are one of the 28 in the swap..... :blink:

Haha, what a dick I am *slaps head*.
It's not too late to edit that post.....but I'll leave it there for a laugh at my expense.

Well, due to an unfortunate transport issue (ie. I dropped it) I only have 27 bottles of my entry now :angry:
I'm guessing we will have at least one drop out so I may be safe.
If not some lucky person will be getting an Irish Red instead. Sorry guys.

I'm not able to make to the day due to work commitments. Bastards.

Was there any discussion of drop off points? Or was this idea canned?
If not I'm looking for someone to take me entry, or I can probably drop it off at Barls' earlier if this is OK with him.
dropping off early is fine if anyone has to. pm me to arrange a time.
i was going to put myself down as not attending for a laugh but somebody has already put me down as my place.

Tasted my Witbier last night. Will leave the reviews for you guys, but I am happy with it, to the point where I am a little sad I only have 3 left to myself.

Latest posts

Back