2008 Nsw Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's excellent news Muggus. Now, remember I'm going to slip you a bottle of my whyzenbock just for fun.
I drank one on the weekend and it gently put me to sleep -- in the nicest way possible way.

cheers

grant
Excellent stuff! Just the way I like it.
I see your whyzenbock, and raise you a barley wine. Guarenteed to work on those sleepless nights! :icon_drunk:

Muggus, I'd say a Golden Ale is a better quaffer than a Weizenbock.
The thought getting through 28 longies of strong dark ale in a long, hot summer did have me a bit worried.
Though they do cellar well! :icon_cheers:

You've runs on the board Les. You aint a bad brewer ! Remember though that even Bradman scored a duck !

Okay, only two people not confirming they're still in the swap. Come on Beerslayer & Homebrewworld - you in or not ?

With 16 or so attending plus a few extras, we need to organise a little catering.

Barls has suggested the butcher just down the road is good, so if anyone wants to buy fresh on the day he's there. What else do we need. Salads ? Cheese & bickies ? Bread ? Do you need any beer glasses ? How many chairs do you have / need ?

Barls, what do you and the missus want people to bring. Remember, you really shouldn't supply anything !

Any case swap virgins, bring a few beers for people to sample. And keep an eye open and see if you can supply anything.

Last suggestion for the virgins - have a big breakfast. Plan your travel. And no drink driving home ! Responsible drinking only ! (says he who is being chaffeured this time !!!!)
ok there is a butcher and a little green grocer just down the road, so if we need anything its only just a short walk.

ive got about 8 or so chairs so if we could do with some more.
im planning on chucking a potato bake in the oven for the day, so if we can get some guys to bring some salad, bread and nibbles. btw its byo meat

im good for beer glasses as there is two shelves of them. ive got a few bottles that were donated by a lovely pair of gentleman in the hunter, also the honey ginger beers is on tap as well.

for those that havent contacted me about the address please pm me as i really dont want my address up on the net. the house will be easy to find as my ruby red bug will be in the driveway. just wander down the drive way through the gate and im sure i wont be far away. we dont use the front door normally.

also can someone please bring a spare gas bottle just to make sure we dont run out on the day i will be making sure the 2 bottles i have will be full.
those that are involved in the braggot brew day dont forget your cubes.
cheers barls

I'll chuck a gas bottle in, Barls, full of course...

Really looking forward to this. I tried one of my entries tonight, it's still a way off, maybe best to drink early January or save up for the Aussie day weekend if you can wait that long. It's a fairly big beer, so it's gonna take a while to condition.

ok there is a butcher and a little green grocer just down the road, so if we need anything its only just a short walk.
ive got about 8 or so chairs so if we could do with some more.
im planning on chucking a potato bake in the oven for the day, so if we can get some guys to bring some salad, bread and nibbles.
im good for beer glasses as there is two shelves of them. ive got a few bottles that were donated by a lovely pair of gentleman in the hunter, also the honey ginger beers is on tap as well.
for those that havent contacted me about the address please pm me as i really dont want my address up on the net. the house will be easy to find as my ruby red bug will be in the driveway. just wander down the drive way through the gate and im sure i wont be far away. we dont use the front door normally.
also can someone please bring a spare gas bottle just to make sure we dont run out on the day i will be making sure the 2 bottles i have will be full.
those that are involved in the braggot brew day dont forget your cubes.
cheers barls

okay - reading between the lines

We want three volunteers with wives who know how, to bring a salad ! I'd volunteer but I didn't get this big eating salads. Some of you blokes are that skinny, I know you are salad eaters. Please nominate the salad.

The car from the deep south coast is fairly full, so we can't bring chairs. But we will bring a few loaves of bread, cheese, biscuits and oysters though. Prawns too if its a full moon.

Some of you Sydney folk need to bring a few chairs.

Everyone bring their own meat and a bottle or three for passing around the communal table.

The Newcastle boys can bring the Grange Hermitage, or failing that, a dip or two. I'd ask Schooey to bring a salad, but like me, he didn't get that big eating salads.

If there is anything I've forgotten, show some initiative and bring it along.

I loves youse awl !

Remember its not up to Barls to feed us.

His job is to clean up the mess after we leave.

I'd ask Schooey to bring a salad, but like me, he didn't get that big eating salads.

Pffffft... Speak for yourself fat boy! .... :p

I'll knock up my grandma's legendary spud salad and bring it along and if I can fit a chair or two I'll put them in too

Pffffft... Speak for yourself fat boy! .... :p

I'll knock up my grandma's legendary spud salad and bring it along and if I can fit a chair or two I'll put them in too

Good to see a fellow front rower not scared to sledge back !!!!

Potatoe salad :lol:

sorry it just cracked me up :)

sounds like its going to be a great day folks.... enjoy

cheers

Whyzenbock? Is that with rye as well, Grant?

No Stu', its a straight weatie,

The name comes from it being my first bigish gravity beer and I found myself asking why? a lot during the process.

cheers

grant

Hi Guys
I hope to still be in. I'm in the process of moving house so its been a shit fight lately
I have sent a pm to Fatgodzilla explaining
Cheers
BS

I can bring about 6 chairs.

I have a Xmas party the day before, so the last time I can make a salad would be Thursday night. Not really appetising if you ask me.

I can however bring a bag of onions, capsicum and mushrooms to fry up on the hotplate.

All your Weizenbock is belong to us! :super: :chug:
I think you'll find that the correct statement is grammatically correct...All your weizenbock are belong to us"

If not, the Dampfbier is still not yet bottled. Anyone panicking?
fresh, fresh, fresh

All your Dampfbiers is belong to us! :icon_chickcheers:

I'll be bottling tonight (took a while to round up enough bottles, as I've given away most of my brown glass to IBUs and other friends). Talk about cutting it fine. Might be safest to leave my beer until around Xmas. It'll have Denny's Favourite 50 yeast in the bottom, so you yeast farmers can have a go at culturing some up. It's made some lovely house ale and IPAs for my keg fridge. Nice yeast.

Some of you Sydney folk need to pull your fingers out and volunteer bring a few chairs and a salad.
We want two more volunteers to bring a salad ! . Please nominate the salad.

1. Schooey Grandma's Fantastic Potato salad

The car from the deep south coast is fairly full, so we can't bring (many) chairs. But we will bring a few loaves of bread, cheese, biscuits and oysters though. Prawns too if its a full moon.

Josh has 6 chairs and is bringing onions, capsicum and mushrooms.

Everyone bring their own meat and a bottle or three for passing around the communal table.

Remember its not up to Barls to feed us. His job is to clean up the mess after we leave.

I'm off from the computer until next Monday - Canberra this arvo, Wollongong tomorrow, so no more PMs to me please.

This will be fun. We will have fun if only to make Tony & Stuster more distressed at missing out than they are (though Tony now has bling to play with)

:icon_chickcheers:

I can bring about 6 chairs.

I have a Xmas party the day before, so the last time I can make a salad would be Thursday night. Not really appetising if you ask me.

I can however bring a bag of onions, capsicum and mushrooms to fry up on the hotplate.
sounds good mate saves me cutting it up that morning.

We will have fun if only to make Tony & Stuster more distressed at missing out than they are

banghead.gif
explode.gif

How can people be so unkind.

sad-smiley-019.gif

Have a good one, guys. :icon_cheers:

and one to the chrissy drinks the night before

Just a quick apology for the crappiness of the labels on my beers for the swap.
The printer needs more ink! ^_^

Latest posts

Back