2008 Nsw Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a quick one do any of the boys from newcastle way want ot do me a favour andpick me up a bottle of murrays Anniversary ale 3?
ill fix you up for your trouble

In a marathon last-ditch effort, the pomo beer is bottled tonight. Enlisted the help of my good little 7 yo son and got all 28 bottles filled and the caps numbered (mostly legibly) with a 25. Primed low, but doesn't mean you have to serve it at 12C ;) Sample left in the bottling hose tasted pretty good. The style is a bitter and hoppy pale ale. Mashed low for hot weather quaffability. Drink with some interesting food or during a session of bitters sometime around Xmas or New Year.

just a quick one do any of the boys from newcastle way want ot do me a favour andpick me up a bottle of murrays Anniversary ale 3?
ill fix you up for your trouble
I would have the required bottle in my possession if I got this message earlier today, but I'm likely to be working tomorrow until after the Winery closes for the day -5 PM.

If no-one else gets the chance, I'll see if I can finish early and go for a short drive. I have been asked to collect a few more for someone else, but no time was specified.

Depends what time Schooey is leaving on Saturday morning. There may be an opportunity then. Stay tuned.

I can duck up tomorrow and grab one. I'll give you a buzz tomorrow, Les, and sort out a time to grab your case.

Some of you Sydney folk need to pull your fingers out and volunteer bring a few chairs and a salad.
We want two more volunteers to bring a salad ! . Please nominate the salad.

1. Schooey Grandma's Fantastic Potato salad

The car from the deep south coast is fairly full, so we can't bring (many) chairs. But we will bring a few loaves of bread, cheese, biscuits and oysters though. Prawns too if its a full moon.

Josh has 6 chairs and is bringing onions, capsicum and mushrooms.

Everyone bring their own meat and a bottle or three for passing around the communal table.

Remember its not up to Barls to feed us. His job is to clean up the mess after we leave.

I'm off from the computer until next Monday - Canberra this arvo, Wollongong tomorrow, so no more PMs to me please.

This will be fun. We will have fun if only to make Tony & Stuster more distressed at missing out than they are (though Tony now has bling to play with)

:icon_chickcheers:

Hi All,

I'll bring a salad of some sort:

1. Schooey Grandma's Fantastic Potato salad
2. Hewy's mystery salad?

SWMBO and I are homeless for Fri and Sat night as we are having our floors sanded. Staying out west Fri night will head in and pick up the beers and will buy a salad on the way through to Denistone.

In beer news, mine has been bottled for a while now and tasted good last time I had some. Head retention was sh!t house for some reason - possibly dirty glass? Given the amount of wheat in the grain bill I would have assumed a nice creamy head the whole way down. Carbonation is on the high side so beware of a bit of gushing.

Look forward to meeting everyone on Sat!

Cheers
Hewy

Just thinking.. should I chuck in some pickled eggs? :unsure:

I can bring odd tasting delicacies too. Anyone else like Matjes? (pickled herrings) mmmmm

I can bring odd tasting delicacies too. Anyone else like Matjes? (pickled herrings) mmmmm

Oh they're great if you pickle them again in 50:50 white vingar:water and add mustard seeds and fresh dill leaves. Mmmm twice pickled herrings.

cheers for that boys see how we do as its not an urgent one just thought if someone was heading that way then it would be a good one

I have your bottle in my hot little hand, barls. We were lucky, they just came off the truck and were being unpacked. They guy had to put them in the system to sell them to me. Not sure if he screwed up or whether they are cheaper than last year, because yours and mine together only cost $50

lovely mate ive got a bottle of something special with your name on it as a reward. ill fix you up tomorrow

Gday guys.. I PM'd Barls for his address earlier this evening but have yet to hear back from him. Incase he doesn't return to his computer between tonight and tomorrow can someone who is attending tomorrow send me his address in a PM, and also let me know what time kick off is??

I am also going to bring afew chairs and some bread rolls unless these bases have already been covered...

pm back to you mate
just incase anyone else hasnt got in touch with me my number is 0409550588

Schooey picked up my beer at about 9:30 at Hexham, and is on his way. May even be there by now if he drives like Tony. :lol:

As mentioned in the wiki, allow 2-4 weeks at cooler cellar temp (say 15 or below) for this beer to carbonate.

I bottled last night and it was tasting quite pleasant and balanced (at 15 IBUs), without excess phenolics and NO banana from the weizen yeast. Clean-tasting and no faults either, but it's not a style that I'm familiar wit, so...who knows.

Expect a fair bit of cloudiness until the yeast settles, and possibly beyond. It is carbonated low with pale DME, for about 1.8 vol CO2. The 2 PET bottles I filled last night appear to be gassed up and pressurised already, but please allow at least 2 weeks before drinking.
I'm disappointed that I can't come along today, but I glad that I got my beer ready in time.
Also disappointing is the fact that this beer seems quite nice, and I gave most of it away. I may have to make it again soon.

Recipe posted

:icon_offtopic: where do we get the murrys anaversary ale from?

yes i know les, i spelt it wrong :)

:icon_offtopic: where do we get the murrys anaversary ale from?

yes i know les, i spelt it wrong :)

No probs, Tony. I'm only commenting occasionally on spelling now. :rolleyes:

Murray's have purchased the Port Stephens Winery and will be moving the brew equipment there. Maybe it's there already.
It's about 15 minutes from my house. Do you want me to pick something up for you?

Les out

Na mate its right. Thanks though :)

Might see if i can get out there one day soon while i have holidays. Good news about them moving closer

cheers

Nice to meet everyone. Thanks to Barls for having us!

Look forward to sampling everyones brews

:icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back