2008 Hop Plantations

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers guys. im planning on digging mine up to split up the plants as ive got like 7 or 8 definite plants on my mt hood

Can hops be grown on the gold coast or would you have to make a micro climate?

cheers guys. im planning on digging mine up to split up the plants as ive got like 7 or 8 definite plants on my mt hood

what ya plannin on doin with those 7 or 8 plants mr barlin ??

Can hops be grown on the gold coast or would you have to make a micro climate?
Yep, no problems. Just find somewhere facing north. I have a couple of plants in Bundy.

QldKev

Yep, no problems. Just find somewhere facing north. I have a couple of plants in Bundy.

QldKev

And heres me thinking that I was doing the right thing using liquid fertilizer . All along I should have been using Bundy ! :lol:

My chinook is now growing 1 latice square a day, i'm constantly amazed at how these plats grow. Then doubly amazed when i remember that they make beer.

what ya plannin on doin with those 7 or 8 plants mr barlin ??
why do you want one mate?
ill most likely put them up on here and distribute them out to the less fortunate

why do you want one mate?
ill most likely put them up on here and distribute them out to the less fortunate

consider me as being less fortunate , and the 2 wurtemburgers (actually 3 , one of the zomes got re split and is firing away)need to be reunited with theyre long lost brothers, have a plant or two here which i will try and split in the comin year in return

ill try to remember as there will be a honeymoon in belgium between now and then.
remind me if i forget

your wife to be let you get away with a honeymoon in belguim , how good is that.....no worry's mate will chat with ya sometime before theyre ready to cut up anyway

And heres me thinking that I was doing the right thing using liquid fertilizer . All along I should have been using Bundy ! :lol:

Thats it, don't worry about all that premium potting mix, mulches etc. :ph34r:

QldKev

My hop plantation so far.
There will be a 4m+ poles erected in the next few weeks to string off.

2964087466_4a8957d834_m.jpg

Plenty of light, hops in centre at end of fruit tree row.

2963247863_5edc31280d_m.jpg

Mounds

2963279981_652be73615_m.jpg

Chinook sprouting after a bit of waiting

2963279987_796d8574d4_m.jpg

Columbus

2963279993_abc5fbe939_m.jpg

Goldings - still asleep - these buds appeared, and didn't do anything, I'm remaining hopeful - stem is green and wood has died back only as far as the bud.

2964105628_8c271c8619_m.jpg

POR - Had some leaf curl, think it was aphids

2963279999_094e1d819b_m.jpg

Hersbruker

2963280003_11870147d1_m.jpg

Cluster - this baby is prolific, near root-bound the pot after a couple of weeks!

your wife to be let you get away with a honeymoon in belguim , how good is that.....no worry's mate will chat with ya sometime before theyre ready to cut up anyway
i sold it with one word
Chocolate :D :lol:

ok,

My cascade has gone nuts - now about 2.5m high (1 bine) and the other 2 are coming up just behind it.

A ) Is it ok to trim and keep at that height?
B ) Or should I someone make something for them to grow along?

Anyone able to help here?

All 3 are now at about 6-7 foot hight and my trellis is that tall - any ideas?

just pinch off the tips and they will then spread sideways

Came back this week after missing the Melbourne winter to find the old Cluster hops have sprung to life.
cluster_23_10_08.jpg

You shoudl be able to propagate a few cuttings from that lot!

My hop nursery with two POR (one for trade next year) in top left, 3 chinooks (two for trade next year) and a couple of goldings cuttings for swap next year.

Then my goldings, tettnang and cascade.

Nursery_October_08.JPG

Goldings_October_08_2346.JPG

Tettnang_October_08_2341.JPG

Cascade_October_08_2344.JPG

keep me in mind when your ready to trade that POR fraser john ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back