Yeast Containers ... Small Ones

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ausdb said:
Ok now we're getting somewhere its up to 1350 almost there!

[post="62766"][/post]​

Make that total 1450. I'll take 100. Let me know how/when you need the money.

Anyone in Sydney want to combine postage and save a few $?

Cheers
Dave

Ok with airhead in as well it makes 1450 as he said and I am prepared to bite the bullet on this one, just hope the missus doesnt look at thew visa statement for a few weeks!

I will ring Perth scientific tomorrow place the order and try and find out how bulk 50 or 100 of these things is, then I will be able to get an idea of postage costs

Cheers Ausdb

AndrewQLD 100
Hoops 100
Jgriffin 100
Tidalpete/nonicman 100
Berto 100
Gout 100
JasonY 100
Ausdb 100
Doc 100
Bagnol 100
Gryphon brewing 50
Batz 100
WCB 50
Brissybrew 100
BradT 50
Airhead 100

Total 1450

May as well round it up to 1500 ill take 50 send me a pm with the details pls ausdb

If you can add another 100, I'll take them.

UPDATE

NRB sorry the carton was 1500 all spoken for now, unless anyone wants to share some.

Sintax you got the last 50

Once they arrive I can work out postage and payment, I would prefer bank deposit to my account or cash if you are in Perth

Cheers

Ausdb

No problem - it was worth asking. If someone falls through at least you've got a backup person ;)

Hi Ausdb,

Any idea when the yeast containers will be coming through?

Andrew

AndrewQLD said:
Any idea when the yeast containers will be coming through?
[post="65236"][/post]​

Still waiting for them, be assured I will let everyone know when they are arrive. In the meantime could everyone please PM me their postal address so I can get onto working out how much postage will be (I need to find out how bulky they are as well)

Cheers ausdb

sosman said:
The box I have is 200 x 200 x 130 mm.

Thanks sosman, how many were in that box?

I've started checking out getting a test tube rack to hold my tubes of yeast.

Science Supply Australia has a 60 place tray for 16mm OD tubes (ours are 14mm OD) for $13.50 and it comes in White, Blue, Yellow and Red.

Does anyone know of a better price else where, or can get trade pricing ?

Beers,
Doc

Doc,
Have a quick search on ebay.
I think i saw test-tube holders on there recently.
I guess i should have posted the link when i saw it eh, sorry.

homebrewworld.com said:
Doc,
[post="66184"][/post]​

I looked at getting a rack from Mcnan Biological on Ebay. Only about US$5 to buy.. but due to the size about US$10 to post :(

Ended up getting a 50 slot from livingstone - $6.70. Postage was $10 but I got a bunch of other stuff at the time so it wasn't that bad.

Cheers
Dave

Cheers Airgead,

Have just registered for Livingstones website to see pricing (while you were posting).

Their don't hold as much, but are stackable, but don't come in different colours, but are cheaper. mmmmmmmmmmm :lol:

Description stackable, 50 positions
Hole Diameter 16mm
Size (mm) 235 x 110 x 75
Unit Sold Per Piece

Doc

homebrewworld.com said:
Doc,
[post="66184"][/post]​

I've had a quick look at eBay too, but mainly 6 hole tube holders.

Doc

Doc said:
Cheers Airgead,

Their don't hold as much, but are stackable, but don't come in different colours, but are cheaper. mmmmmmmmmmm :lol:

[post="66187"][/post]​

Doc

They do come in assorted colours acording to the woman at livingstone I spoke to... its just that the colour you get is random.

Mine is a very fetching shade of pink.

Cheers
Dave

I would avoid buying stuff from livingstone as most of their stock is either secondhand or surplus equiptment and usually comes either broken or in poor condition.
At work (here in a pharmaceutical research lab) we buy most of our stuff from crown scientific, as it usually represents the best value and service. I know they have a large range of test tube racks.
If you live in Sydney you could pop into Lomb scientific at Taren Point. They are usually pretty good.
And if you work for a Charity or Government department you can buy Racks through Q-Stores, which would be your cheapest option.

Just passing on my experiences through ordering stuff for work. Not affiliated with any of these businesses etc.

Edit. spelling

Test tube racks are easy to make. Also don't forget to acquire one that will handle the pressure cooker like this one I made from sheet aluminium:

Sterilising.jpg

Back