Yeast Containers ... Small Ones

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine pitched too.
Thanks again ausdb. Top job.

Beers,
Doc

Mine arrived today as well

Thankyou for doing this , I know bulk orders do have there moments :blink:

Cheers
Batz

Ausdb

Although i've already PMd you and let you know my tubes arrived I thought I would add my voice to the public chorus of thanks and appreciation.

It was a huge effort. You are a champion.

Cheers
Dave

Yep. The tubes arrived on Monday or Tuesday I think. :D I actually transferred a couple of yeasts to them on the weekend. Looks as though they are exactly what I needed.

I really appreciate the effort that went into this buy. I live in a small town in the South West of Victoria and as such, it is difficult for me to get hold of some of the brewing items that I require. The internet is a big help, but when it comes to items such as lab equipment, the cost becomes a bit too prohibitive (I find it difficult to justify to 'er indoors $28 for postage when I'm buying $10 worth of petri dishes). That is when things like this bulk buy really come into their own.

Again, thanks. I hope I can return the favor someday.

Cheers
Bagnol.

Aus, I have sent a PM to you, my tubes arrived sat morning. Tops.

Cheers
Brad

Hi All

I have received word from everyone now that their tubes arrived safe and sound. Thanks everyone for being patient and hopefully we can all do some yeast swapping down the track

Ausdb

just out of interest did anyone get more then they need....i missed out on this thread :)

Anyone worked out the best way of labelling them ? Write on top. Write on tube. Some sort of labels or round dots ?
Filling 10 right now with Alt yeast.
Also ended up making my own TT holder. A piece of 4x2 with the appropriate sized holes :lol:

Doc

Doc, I label mine by writing on a piece of paper and taping this to the tube.

It will never fall off, and the tape protects the writing from being affected by moisture.

Yeast strain, date and source goes on the tube, making sure it doesn't obscure the beasties sleeping on the bottom.

Slants get popped in individual plastic snaplock bags with the same info on the outside.

Doc said:
Anyone worked out the best way of labelling them ? Write on top. Write on tube. Some sort of labels or round dots ?
Filling 10 right now with Alt yeast.
Also ended up making my own TT holder. A piece of 4x2 with the appropriate sized holes :lol:

Doc
[post="70502"][/post]​

I just like to keep mine simple doc. I mark mine with Y and a consecutive number and I keep a tab of them in BeerSmith which than gives me a chance to record the generation number, date it was propagated etc. Y1 for example was my 1056 American Ale. (Y1/1 indicates the first generation for quick reference) Oh, I can see a new temprite label coming up here for small vials...

:beer:
PeterS....

Doc said:

My wife caught sight of my TT holder tonight.
Extreme laughter :lol:

Beers,
Doc

BTW, my wife is a Cytogeneticist, so I'm going to be the laughing stock of her lab tomorrow.

Just starting using the test tubes this week. I'm glad I got 100 of them as I think I would run out of them quickly with only 50.
I have done about 20 slants that are ready to be inoculated, so will keep them on hand for when i need them later.
Did about another 20 with sterile water ready for yeast samples from bottles or for yeast storage from the plates.

As far as labeling I do the same as others - write on a piece of paper (strain & date) then attatch with sticky tape. Easy, secure, effective, quick etc.

Once again thanks to ausdb for doing the bulk buy and once again I appreciate AHB for making it all possible.
:beer:
Hoops

Doc said:
Doc said:

Beers,
Doc

BTW, my wife is a Cytogeneticist, so I'm going to be the laughing stock of her lab tomorrow.
[post="72460"][/post]​

ok let me get this right Doc

Mrs Doc works in a lab...........and you have substandard TT racks.......????

ozbrewer said:
Doc said:
Doc said:

Beers,
Doc

[post="72460"][/post]​

ok let me get this right Doc

Mrs Doc works in a lab...........and you have substandard TT racks.......????
[post="72475"][/post]​

Leave Mrs Doc's racks out of this...Alright!!!

ok so thanks for the slap in the face, i just but a TT in MS Ozbreers cleavage

not recomended

but a stable temprature

Latest posts

Back