Yeast Containers ... Small Ones

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sos,
Hot loops will also burn polycarbonate tubes. Continued pressure cooking will also cause them to "craze" making them opaque.
Polycarbonate are best suited to disposable applications. Ie use then once or twice then ditch them.

That's what i was thinking with long term - crazing or plastic going opaque

Darren said:
Sos,
Hot loops will also burn polycarbonate tubes. Continued pressure cooking will also cause them to "craze" making them opaque.
Polycarbonate are best suited to disposable applications. Ie use then once or twice then ditch them.
[post="59992"][/post]​
Whatever. Some have been through pressure cooker a few times already.

When my 100 or so run out I will consider glass. I got them for nothing so it was a no brainer for me. So far they are working beautifully.

You suck Sos - wish I could get some free

Hoops said:
You suck Sos - wish I could get some free
[post="60004"][/post]​
Well if you wander into a lab supplies joint and rummage through the samples section you just might.

My problem is getting there after work before they shut but I'll keep that in mind

sosman said:
Hoops said:
Glass also has the advantge of being able to flame the mouth and I would think they would last a lot longer than plastic
[post="59974"][/post]​
I am pretty new at this but I think flaming is less relevant with screw caps. I haven't managed to get an infected one yet out of the whole 18 I have done :D
[post="59983"][/post]​

Sos,
flaming is important with screw caps too. The lip is the most likely place to have media/agar and bacterial growth.

From the 10,000 odd stabs I have cultured from I would go the glass ones.
cheers
Darren

Ausdb,
Any idea if the tubes and lids are still going ahead??

Andrewqld

Yeah alls been quiet on the culturing front. Are people still interested in getting these?

Hi Guys

I think we are roughly at 1000 mark so only 2/3 the way there. I iwll go through some emails tomorrow after work and let you all know what the numbers are up to

Ausdb

Hoops

If you have any left can i get 10 will pm you now

ausdb,

What is the latest ?
My stir plates have been in full production and I'm needing some tubes for my yeast.

Beers,
Doc

What was the cost for the standard amount of tubes??(50, 100, ???)

I might jump in if its numbers of people you need...

Ok guys here is where its at (I think?)
Hoops has declined as he has shiny glass tubes now!
The price is $37.35 per 100 plus a toughbag and postage to your location if you only want 50 then make it $19 plus postage. Please don't ask for less than 50!!!!

AndrewQLD100
Jgriffin 100
Tidalpete/nonicman 100
Berto 100
Gout 100
JasonY 100
Ausdb 100
Doc 100
Bagnol 100
Batz 100
Gryphon brewing 50

Total 1050

At the moment there are not enough people to go ahead, I cant afford to shell out and have lots sitting there with other brewing things to buy. As I have said before I'm not in this to make money its a chance for us all to get some. If you want in then reply to this post and put your quantities at the bottom

Cheers Aus

Bugger it put me down for 100. I'm happy to have them sent with JGriffins or BrissyBrews.

Did the Brissy guys want to get them sent in one package?

Hoops

Hi ausdb,
I will take 50 if possible. Send me a PM regarding how and when you want payment and I will send you the address to post them to.

Cheers
BradT :super:

Any one else in Canberra area that is interested, we may be able to get them all posted in the same parcel to save hassle for Aus.

Ok now we're getting somewhere its up to 1350 almost there!

AndrewQLD 100
Hoops 100
Jgriffin 100
Tidalpete/nonicman 100
Berto 100
Gout 100
JasonY 100
Ausdb 100
Doc 100
Bagnol 100
Gryphon brewing 50
Batz 100
WCB 50
Brissybrew 100
BradT 50

Total 1350

Just looking back a few posts Gout can you confirm 100 or 200 yet? if 200 I will put the order in as I have been given a 14 day lead time on supply

Cheers ausdb

Back