Yeast Containers ... Small Ones

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoops said:
post-292-1115676017_thumb.jpg

[post="59207"][/post]​
This is the style that the slants from brewsters yeast came in.

I have the 15 ml technoplas polycarbonate ones that someone else posted the link to. They have been good so far. They look like:
Slants02.jpg

Hoops I am interested in the glass "culture tubes", what are the lids made of, what temperature are they rated for. If suitable I would be interested in at least 40. Drop me an email [email protected]

Hi AusDb,

I'll take 100 of the plastic ones, 15ml size would be great.

Hoops,
I will still go for 20 of the glass ones too if you end up getting them.

Cheers
Andrew

Cool well that's about 100 of the culture tubes spoken for, 50 to go and I'll order them.

Hoops

sosman said:
[post="59272"][/post]​
Yeah, I'm thinking that if a company is using them despite their extra cost they must be pretty good.
What was the cost of them incl postage?

Ok so as of 1815 WA time tonight I have the following takers

QLD
AndrewQLD=100
Hoops=100
JGriffin=100

NSW
Berto=100

WA
JasonY=100
Ausdb=100

Thats 600 so far, I can probably take another 100 which should give me a lifetime supply but we need a few more. If you want some then please quote this reply and add your state and quantity. If people are close enough it may be better to just ship them to the one place and you can split them up there.

Ausdb

ausdb said:
Just going on Pint of lagers info then plastic may be better?

I have confirmation the 9ml price did include the cap which works out at a smidge over 27c per tube, plus the cost of posting them to wherever you are.

I am getting a price on the 15mL tubes as well, should be in tomorrow
http://www.technoplas.com.au/products_15ml_round.php (these ones)

Unless there are a lot of takers I reckon 100 should be the miniumum.

Cheers
Ausdb
[post="59256"][/post]​

Ausdb, put me down for 40 of the 15ml ones (with caps) if you are happy with the price from Technoplas.

Hoops said:
sosman said:
[post="59272"][/post]​
Yeah, I'm thinking that if a company is using them despite their extra cost they must be pretty good.
What was the cost of them incl postage?
[post="59290"][/post]​
Hoops - each yeast + agar + culture tube was $US5. I don't know what kind of plastic the cap is made of, presumably you can whack it in the pressure cooker?

Update here on prices, the 15mL size work out to 37.33 cents each as against 27.1 cents for the 9mL ones

Does anyone have a problem with paying a bit extra?

Ausdb

Sounds good mate. Still up for 100 here

ausdb said:
Ok so as of 1815 WA time tonight I have the following takers

QLD
AndrewQLD=100
Hoops=100
JGriffin=100
Tidalpete=40
Nonicman=40

NSW
Berto=100

WA
JasonY=100
Ausdb=100

Thats 680 so far, I can probably take another 100 which should give me a lifetime supply but we need a few more. If you want some then please quote this reply and add your state and quantity. If people are close enough it may be better to just ship them to the one place and you can split them up there.

Ausdb
[post="59291"][/post]​

Added 40 for QLD, Tidelpete is close to me (and I owe a visit :) ).

Thanks ausdb

Tidalpete said:
I'm still right for 40 of the 15ml ones thanks ausdb. The price includes caps I take it?
[post="59378"][/post]​

Tidalpete at this stage we haven't even cracked the 1000 mark in quantity required so I am not really prepared to take orders for less than 100, once we crack the 1000 mark I may consider taking orders for 50.

Basically I don't want to shell out over $500 and have a pile of tubes sitting there that I will never use in a lifetime, which I think is fair. This ia just meant be a way of everyone getting access to something that is too many/much for one person to get on their own.

Ausdb

Ausdb, I'll take 100 (and can split with Tidelpete), unless Tidelpete wants 100.

Nonicman & Tidalpete

If you want less than 100 maybe get 100 between the 2 of you??

Hoops

EDIT - 1 minute too slow with my reply

Spoke to another Lab Supplier in Brisbane today about the glass culture tubes, just waiting for the fax quote

Back