Xmas Ahb Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decisions, decisions...

Unsure at this stage. I have a very tasty Northern English Brown in primary at the moment that would fill the bill nicely but the old man and SWMBO wouldn't be too happy if I gave it away.

Probably the Lock 2 English Pale Ale.

Steve

wee stu said:
Currently SA are now up to GMK, Kai, Jayse, Crispy, SteveSA and wee stu (he may be wee, but he's proud). That's six - which definitely makes it doable, though I'm sure we can build on those numbers
Yep count me in boys !!!!

Maybe a Chimay Red Clone / Something Belgian maybe

JSB

Guest Lurker said:
Let n be the number of participants. You supply 2 x(n-1) bottles of beer. This means you get 2 bottles from each of the other participants, but don't get your own beer back. 2 bottles each keeps transport costs down. Currently n = 4, so you supply 6 bottles.
Our brewclub has the same scheme going (we got flooded with applicants last month and only the first 25 or so brewers got in! - Fortunately it included all the locally based National and State comp brewers!! ;) ) We are using JS Stubs to make the handling and freight easier and I can barely wait for Xmas!

Anyway we have 25 brewers in the event, which means that we are brewing 1200 beers, ie two slabs of beer each! :p

I'll be bottling my "Dangerous Dunkelweizen" this week! :chug:

Cheers and good luck with your Xmas Cases...
TL

Okay, I'll put my hand up too. But I would rather just do 24 echos cause bottling is a real PITA (ooo, maybe I'm doing it incorrectly :huh: ).

I'll brew my Malty Alty.

C&B
TDA

It does appear, that at this stage.....the namby pambys seem to have many more brewers joining this Xmas swap , come on sandpeople <_<

One of the WA "Sandpeople" attempting to convince an SA Brewer that they are the better HomeBrewing state.....

sandpeople.jpg

"Admit it, infidel. Your pints are smaller than ours."

:lol:

Good one, boots.

well you posted the pic boots

But sure looks like the sandpeople are on top :lol: :lol:

Wonder what he's going to do with that CF bottle filler he has in his hands? :huh:

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
I would rather just do 24 echos cause bottling is a real PITA
OK with JSB and TDA on board we are now up to 7 and a half from SA!!

TDA if bottling is too hard, you can always just put in 48 kegs :D

Jayse

i bottled a Barley Wine in June - it is coming along really nicely - tried one on fathers day with Datfrog.

I have 40 odd stubbies - i am happy to donate 24 of them and brew a new barley wine to save for next years Xmas Case Swap - if others are in agreement - or i will brew a Barossa Old Peculiar.

Just thought the barley wine would be a little different and a beer style that not too many people have tried/let alone brewed...

Well if im in it be a cheap can and brewcraft blend mix 15 with kit yeast .

If i was going to brew for a nice pale lager be good for summer but my stash is stayong for those hot days after working in a tin shed who knows what may happen may mix it up with my recent stock with gt smoked ale

Not wanting to ruffle any feathers - but the idea of the XMAS case is to brew your Fav best beer and swap it with others.

It should be entered in this Spirit.
If you are not willing to enter it in that spirit - then DONT Come in...
It is both UNFAIR and makes a MOCKERY of OTHERS EFFORTS!

Others are giving up their time and brewing their BEST FAV BEER for this and are entering it in that spirit.

Count me in for the SA xmas case. I'll brew with GMK's equipment. It will be my first ag but dont fret, im sure GMK will show me the ropes. Not sure which style yet, perhaps some suggestions for a good first up try that tastes good and has little room for error...

Jazman said:
Well if im in it be a cheap can and brewcraft blend mix 15 with kit yeast .
Jazman i'll pretend i didn't read that, if your seriuos we may have to vote you out. :eek:
This is i beleive a 'case' of pulling out all the bells and whistle's and brewing the best beer you can at the level you are at.

Anyway here's to everyone digging deep and brewing up the best way they know how. :chug:

Jayse :chug:

Snap!
ken and i posted at the same time, the scarry part is i agree with ken, now that doesn't happen everyday. :eek:

What styles do u like Poodz -

i have done 5 AG beers - the absolute best was DOC's JS Strong Ale dry hopped with Crystal - absolutely awesome...

But you choose a style or can have a look in the BEER Captured Book.

Ken....

Latest posts

Back