Xmas Ahb Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill see what i can do.no promises as im more keg than bottler but see how i go.

cheers
big d

did we have a date in mind or is anytime before xmas ok?

Its on - but big bottles....

Lets us know the numbers involved...

Thats what counts....

Just like Port Powers On and WCE bite the dust...

Adelaide 1st, 2nd and last

Hmmm just straight bottle swap?

I have some bottles would blow any WA/NT-ers brains out

Nuttin else involved?

JM

OK dee bee
I did not memtion Goat , sure he will be involved as well

Well I am brewing and sending my brews dow to GL's , you guys work the rest

Jeez thanks Batz, suddenly GL is organising it?

OK, try this.

THE GMK CHRISTMAS CASE
(Scaled down WA version administered by Big Dog Brewing)

Proposed guidelines:

Open to WA brewers and brewers from any other state who want to pay postage.

Post here if you wish to participate. Currently we have confirmed GL, Batz, Deebee, JasonY. The more people we talk in to joining, the bigger your Christmas case will be.

Let n be the number of participants. You supply 2 x(n-1) bottles of beer. This means you get 2 bottles from each of the other participants, but don't get your own beer back. 2 bottles each keeps transport costs down. Currently n = 4, so you supply 6 bottles.

Bottles will be long necks because in the west we are bigger and tougher than Adeladians. 750 ml preferred, 600 ml acceptable, anything smaller and you could get a reputation as a tight arse. Glass or PET are fine, try to avoid champagne bottles - too heavy. If anyone in Perth needs long necks, I can supply.

Your bottles must be labelled, doesnt have to be fancy, but needs to describe the beer. A promash print out and a rubber band would be acceptable, but would demonstrate a tenuous committment to the process and your fellow brewers.

Your beer must be adequately carbonated and ready to drink by 25 Dec.

You get your bottles to GLs place by 4 Dec, GL will box them up and arrange distribution. (Batz, is that enough time to get it you via Eric?)

Look at that !

Organising at it best :D Well done GL

As far as the Eric bit goes , that will depend on when he is doing a run , just have to hope it's around then , otherwise I may get mine a little later , will not matter to me

Guest Lurker said:
Bottles will be long necks because in the west we are bigger and tougher than Adeladians.
Ok were getting a bit of grief from the sand people here guys. :ph34r:
At least we no our beer will be drinkable. ;) :lol:
Looks like the fight is on to who is the most namby pansy girl blouses'? :eek:

Jayse

Bloody good idea Ken! Count me in!

Would prefer to use megaswill stubbies though.

C'mon guys since when did size matter? :p
How insecure and manhood challenged are the sandgropers :ph34r: ?

Currently SA are now up to GMK, Kai, Jayse, Crispy, SteveSA and wee stu (he may be wee, but he's proud). That's six - which definitely makes it doable, though I'm sure we can build on those numbers

Looking good, iam with the swill stubbie idea actually. We all put in 2 cases and get 2 cases, Each case having 4 each of six different beers. Everyone gets 8 from everyone. There is still room if any one else wants to join in.

Iam thinking, going with the idea a batch of your best, iam not gunna be making a batch of demon ale unless someones got 120g of amirrilo and 125g of cascade to donate, but i won't be tame though i'll make the american brown i made which has a SG 1.060 and is i think the best beer i have made this year.

Jayse

i am thinking my batch will be Barossa Old Peculiar or Barossa Barley Wine...

DEPENDS UPON NUMBERS...

So get on board....

cant let the SANDGROPERS beat us...

big bottles.namby pambys?
me and bonk would beat the lot of yas with a six pack of darwin stubbies.
trouble is the packaging would be enormous and the freight bill the equal. :(

cheers
big d

OK my contribution is gonna depend a bit on how quickly I manage to develop the brury.

If your lucky it will be McSatan's Ale - (Devil in a Kilt), which will be based on a Duvel recipe, but going back to the source history and using Scottish yeast.

Otherwise it may be the Road Kill Amber which I am bottling this week - based on a Chiller recipe and using aussie malt and all POR hopped.

Hmmm all I have in stunnies is my Russian Imperial Stout

and, sorry, but not gonna share that, not to mention it will need 12 months bottle ageing at least

Jovial Monk

I dunno what I'll have by then. Hopefully something palatable.

GMK with the barley wine idea iam just thinking it may not be ready untill next christmas. So the T.O.P or is that B.O.P sounds a bit better choice, anyway its your call iam just throwing my 2 bob into the ring.
JM mentioned he doesn't have anything in stubbies to put in, Tom the plan is for everyone to brew in a couple weeks a batch of there best beer, not just chuck in what ever you have lying around.
I can see stu is not gunna go back and brew something he brewed many moons ago as he has just started all graining so isn't about to go back and make his batch out of gloop. :eek:
Kai mentioned 'i don't know what i'll have by then', again isn't the plan to actually not throw in what ever you have at the time but to go and brew a batch specifically for the AHB case.

Anyway that is my idea of the AHB case, everyone brew around the same time a batch of there best.

Jayse :chug:

Paraphrase it to "I don't know what I'll do by then" then, Jayse :). I do plan to do a batch specifically for it, but I don't really have any deadest winners in my brewing lineup.

jayse said:
I can see stu is not gunna go back and brew something he brewed many moons ago as he has just started all graining so isn't about to go back and make his batch out of gloop. :eek:
Now there's an idea, a two can thriller :D

Where did I put the tin opener??

I've been humming and harring about doing this because every brew I've done lately has been a massive change in technique, so I didn't want to trust I'd make anything decent. But what the hell .. If it means getting my hands on Jayse's brown ale, I'm in.

I think I've got a couple of cans off Savings brand lager from a couple of years ago I've been meaning to use ... :lol:

I was planning to make a part to full mash mountain goat pale ale clone in the coming weeks so that will be my entry. Haven't made it before tho ...

Let's keep Adelaide the HB capital :chug:

Latest posts

Back