Wort Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbrew

Reaction score
Hi All first post for me,

I am currently looking at building a brew rig and was wondering what kind of pump are you guys all using for recirculating your wort WRT BIAB?
Secondly where can i get them from and what prices am i looking at?

Thanks All in advance

What is your purpose for recirculating in a BIAB system?
Not saying you can't, it's just not the most common practice

sp0rk said:
with the exception of the braumeister and all its diy clones, of course

NewtownClown said:
with the exception of the braumeister and all its diy clones, of course
Very true, but I'd consider them more 1V than BIAB (semantics lol)

sp0rk said:
I do with mine so I don't have to stir as much. Plus efficiency was alot better.

There's plenty of retailers on here that will be able to assist you with finding a pump, mate.

You can check the retailers thread, or click on a site sponsor.

Thanks guys guess a few of you mentioned that reason for pump was to: a be lazy and b cause i seen photos with them in.

I used to use a pump when I used to swing the bag as I found it kept the temp a lot more even throughout the urn.
Kegking green pumps are available from a lot of home brew shops for around $65 - 70. They are 240 v so no rooting around with transformers for a little brown pump.

Smokomark

Spiesy said:
There's plenty of retailers on here that will be able to assist you with finding a pump, mate.

You can check the retailers thread, or click on a site sponsor.
There are also plenty of brewers on here with first hand experience and no vested interest.

I am using two of the kaixian pumps on my rig both the old and new model. I cannot fault them and really cannot see why I would need to pay more than 3 times the cost on a march or chugger. Happy to be informed otherwise though.

A few years ago I Picked up a march 809 second hand (unused) for $70... Admittedly, I have swapped out to a stainless head... But that's just coz I like being stuff in the brewery ;)

About the same price as the green pumps roughly ;) (excluding the head)

win

I need this march pump or equivalent chugger bracket:

0809-0058-1000, item 15 below.

If anyone has one or a busted 809/815 pump I could rob one out of that would be awesome. They are 15 bucks us but postage is stupid.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1402106018.077908.jpg

Silverbrew said:
Hi All first post for me,

I am currently looking at building a brew rig and was wondering what kind of pump are you guys all using for recirculating your wort WRT BIAB?
Secondly where can i get them from and what prices am i looking at?

Thanks All in advance
Hi Silverbrew and welcome to the forum.

There is a bloke in Whyalla that is an agent for Keg King and would be able to get you one of those pumps that are listed on the KK site.

His business name is Brew King and he was on McDouall Stuart Ave in that block of shops near Harris Scarfes but I see that he has closed that shop and I believe he is working from his shed at home.

His name is David. If you want to deal with him send me a PM and I will give you his phone number.

Cheers

Yea... I know. Added a cable tie to have it better secured. It spins, no problem.

Worry is that with extended use not being properly centred I'll damage the head/magnet. I'm thinking to make an adapter plate from a piece of 1mm steel I have lying around. Gotta get my protractor out and sketch in a centre and cut out the adapter.

Back