Who Rides A Motorcycle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started with a VTR250, then had a Ducati 750S for a few years. Loved that but was putting too many k's on it commuting 100km a day, so traded it when it hit 55,000km for a Yamaha FZ1. Brilliant bike.

I can't believe I missed this thread at the time so sorry to bring it back up again but I've got to agree with you there Mark. I've got an 05 FZ1 as well and it's the best all rounder made IMO. Very quick but quite happy to putt around or go touring if you want to. I've ridden the new injected one and unfortunately I think it's lost some of it's flexibility but it's even quicker if yo ucan believe that. I still prefer mine though.

My forst Motorised transport was one of these baby's

2299.jpg

A 1986 Honda CH250 (Spacy), I bought it back in 1994 when scooters weren't trendy, they were just a good way to get into a punch up with that certain type of guy on a "real bike" who couldn't help but insult me when sitting at the traffic lights. It always seemed to really surprise them to have a guy get off a "girls bike" and threaten to tear them a new one, occasionally following up when required.. Mind you, I never once had a single comment from a fair dinkum biker in colours. They seemed to really like the scoot. For which I am eternally grateful.

The scoot was fantastic, 250cc, so plenty of grunt for city traffic, cruised easily at 110kmh on the freeway (topped out at about 125 with a tailwind) handled well and never stopped going even once.

Rode the bike for 5 years until a nasty incident with a silver Camry saw the Spacy head off to motor scooter heaven. After that it was a 500 Yamaha dirt bike, a Suziki GN250, then a 1976 Kwaka Z900. I loved the Z and rode it till some prick stole it.

3 years bikeless,then I got the itch.... had a good long think about the different bikes I had ridden over the years, and decided that the best of them had been the first of them.

After a year of searching for a good one, I am now once again the proud rider of a (1988 this time) Honda CH250. But these days I dont have to punch anyone..... thank christ

Thirsty

How many of my homebrew brotheren have also been bitten buy the bike bug ?

I have the following toys:

2003 Honda CB900
2005 Yamaha WR250F
2005 CRF50 (most dangerous of them all)
2000 CR250r

I have the following work of art. 1999 Triumph Sprint + an old 95 XR600. The sprint is my casual week-ender

Sprint.jpg

I learnt to ride in 1975 on a 1974 Yamaha AG175. I couldnt touch the ground so my old man would hold the bike up while I got on and catch the bike when I stoped. I have been riding ever since then.

My current bike is a 2004 Suzuki 1200 bandit which I ride to work every day. Unfortunately since I started a family I dont get out to play much.

I'm amazed there's so many of us riders on here. If anyone in Melbourne is interested, it'd be a good day to ride out to a microbrewery somewhere (Grand Ridge maybe) and try and organise a brewery tour and a couple of tastings, not too many though because we have to ride home. Of course it could be made into an overnighter if you want to make a real mess.

Any interest in combining the 2 best hobbies available?

I'm amazed there's so many of us riders on here. If anyone in Melbourne is interested, it'd be a good day to ride out to a microbrewery somewhere (Grand Ridge maybe) and try and organise a brewery tour and a couple of tastings, not too many though because we have to ride home. Of course it could be made into an overnighter if you want to make a real mess.

Any interest in combining the 2 best hobbies available?

Yep, I'm up for it. If we are heading to Grand Ridge though... I might need a bit of a head start on the scoot!! I can cruise at 95, maybe 100, anything more than that and it gets a bit flighty, It'll go at 120, but it isn't fun.

It'd piss in a jaunt down to Red Hill or something though.

Thirsty

This is my beast:
bike.jpg

Had it for a couple of years now and dont get out as much as I would like to.

Just like everyone else says, I am an addict.

It'd piss in a jaunt down to Red Hill or something though.

Grand Ridge was just a suggestion so I'm open to other ideas. Red Hill's not too exciting to me though because I live about 5 minutes away from it. I'm not sure where else there is but I suppose that I could take you and anyone else interested on a tour of the peninsula as part of it if we can't come up with anywhere else.

I'm happy to cruise along at any speed so don't worry about being a little slow.

TNT.JPGCheck out my beast :super:

It needs new tubes, slicks and pegs (cos I am soooo sic at doing tricks) :lol:

You drinking at work again Pete? ;P

"It's a sledgehammer..." :lol:

Gday,
just joined the Forum.
I was a bike rider up untill July last year. Now have a broken 98 ZX6, sitting in garage awaiting a cashflow injection to get back on the road. I am suffering from garaged bike syndrome, where the only medication i find helpful is beer.

Hope to see you all at a Pub, Phillip Island or in the Royal National Park one day.

Cheers

Just found this thread...
HANGING to get back on two wheels...used to ride years ago -
in order of ownership:
Suzuki ??250 (2 stroke clanger, lots of smoke)
Suzuki GN250
Kwaka GPX250 import (twin front discs, went great....til I wrecked it)
Kwaka GPX600
Honda CB750
Suzuki GSX750

Next bike will be a honda VFR800...or a VTR1000

I have not known to many new Dukes that break down..... :super: And the old ones are much quicker than you think

Know lots of blokes who have fallen off their Kawahondayamsuzi's ... ;)

I have not known to many new Dukes that break down..... :super: And the old ones are much quicker than you think

I only know 2 blokes that have em and 1 caught fire from the wonderful Italian electrics and the other one wouldn't start after he ran out of fuel because the fuel pump only works when the engine is running. Great Italian catch 22 logic there. :unsure:

Give me jap reliability and engineering anytime. BTW the it's the knob on top of the bike that crashes so that argument's fairly irrelevant.

Just noticed this thread - mmmm... beer & bikes.

Been riding bikes since I was 17, but only had a few -

1970 Suzuki 250 Hustler
1971 Suzuki 500 Titan
1972 Kwaka 750 H2 widow-maker (lucky I wasn't married at the time)
Big Gap (children, mortgages etc)
1998 Suzuki TLR (Sunday bike)
2005 Suzuki DRZ400-SM (commuter), but lusting after this - http://www.aprilia.com.au/images/site/sxv3s.jpg

Don't have a car any more and probably never will again.

Despite the rumors that Ducatis always break-down I have a mate with an 84 MHR 900 that runs like a dream and still goes beautifully on the open road, but can't be ridden in town unless unless you have steel tendons in your left wrist.
mini_TLR_002.jpg

Latest posts

Back