Who Rides A Motorcycle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BennyBrewster

Reaction score
How many of my homebrew brotheren have also been bitten buy the bike bug ?

I have the following toys:

2003 Honda CB900
2005 Yamaha WR250F
2005 CRF50 (most dangerous of them all)
2000 CR250r

not me i got the "bug" bug. ie vws

Yep, I have a 2000 GPX750F and a XR200 chook chaser. The wife has a Kwaka 550Z and a yammy 125 TTR.

cheers

nifty

I used to ride. I still have my Suzuki GT250X7 but it's not currently registered because I can't afford insurance and rego on a car and bike.

I rode until I could drive a car without supervision (ie. got my P's). I used to ride to work. I loved it but soon realised that I wouldn't ride for long without an incident. I know too many friends with life long injuries from "minor" bike incidents. I rode until I could buy and drive my own car. No more bikes for me.

Sorry not to share your enthusiasm, but each to their own.

Mines for sale if anyone wants it. :D

Cheers, Justin

Bike.jpg

Personally I'd rather die riding one of my bikes than arrive safley to old age and die knowing I had lived a sensible and conservative life.

I was into bikes many years ago. Last bike was an XJ750.
Still got some of the gear after moving countries, but no bike.
I wouldn't have the time to ride anyway these days (with young kids), so brewing is now my refuge and I don't have to leave the house :p

Beers,
Doc

Currently I have a BMW K1200S - an awesome machine! Dont get to ride as much as I would like! I have a gig in Swanhill in Feb so I am going to ride up for that and I cant wait! Planning on stopping in Bendigo for a spot of lunch at the Rifle Brigade Brewery and try their beer.

used to ride heaps of bikes in the country but the 17yo commodore drivers make the city too risky.
my brother went for about 12 years without a car, just bikes.

Used to.
Last dirt bike was a '92 RM125
Last road bike as a '98 ZX6R

Was mainly a weekend rider (drive car to work - riding in the wet sucks) and was riding less and less a few years ago so sold the bike and bought a fast car instead.

Not the acceleration of a bike (small shove in the back rather than feeling like you are going to be sucked off the back of the bike) but more comfortable - and you can listen to your favourite CD at the same time :)

Plus less chance of losing my licence or killing myself...

I do miss it overy now and then though... maybe when I get older and have more money and time...

a ahb member who is on holidays in sa from nt has a harley i think

Have a 2004 Scorpa 250 if that means anything to anybody here.

Mercs Own said:
Planning on stopping in Bendigo for a spot of lunch at the Rifle Brigade Brewery and try their beer.
[post="100745"][/post]​

Mercs, I hope you're not disappointed. I was there a couple of years back and the beer was pretty ordinary. Maybe it's improved.

I'm with Justin,

Gave up bikes long ago - & look forward to reaching my old age without a bike induced dissability (family would agree). My Senator HSV gives me all the speed I need in comfort & safety - Each to there own though :)

P.S. There was piece on "Top Gear" the other night about one of the most common injuries from those racing bikes with the raised tank in front of the seat? - Yep, you got it - removed testies - This surgeon spends almost his entire work time stitching them back on :blink: ...

If ever I gonad myself on the tank I just get my wife to rub them better! :p Bet you cant do that with your HSV!

Going to be getting my bike licence, had a ride of a mates CBR900 (04') a couple of weeks ago and it was great fun, so much power though.. probably a little too much..

Mercs Own said:
If ever I gonad myself on the tank I just get my wife to rub them better! :p Bet you cant do that with your HSV!
[post="100792"][/post]​

No - get much better & while I'm driving ;) :D...

Yep into it bigtime!

On my third BIKE now.

Had:

1984 BMW R80 (got rid of it - too young to ride this bike!)

1995 Suzuki GSXR1100 (great bike supa quik!)

Currently ride 2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm TWIN (noisy but great)

I never plan to ride in the dark or wet. I like my aggotts exactly where they are! (so does wifey! - occassionally)

I do drive a car most of the time tho. Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed. I acquired an Alfa affliction in my youth and am (thankgoodness) almost cured, thanks to the cost of serviceing said monetary pit!

Smashed Jaffa :super:

smashed jaffa said:
Yep into it bigtime!

On my third BIKE now.

Had:

1984 BMW R80 (got rid of it - too young to ride this bike!)

1995 Suzuki GSXR1100 (great bike supa quik!)

Currently ride 2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm TWIN (noisy but great)

I never plan to ride in the dark or wet. I like my aggotts exactly where they are! (so does wifey! - occassionally)

I do drive a car most of the time tho. Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed. I acquired an Alfa affliction in my youth and am (thankgoodness) almost cured, thanks to the cost of serviceing said monetary pit!

Smashed Jaffa :super:
[post="100803"][/post]​

Apt name :D :D ....

My weakness back in Uk was Lancia's (Intergrale, rally car) - cried when I had to leave it behind...

Had a few bikes myself - many brews ago.
1954 Matchless 500 twin (horrible)
1961 Triumph T5a 500 twin (indestructible)
1960 Triumph T110 650 twin with Steib sidecar (MAGIC!!)

I learnt how to power drive and read the road with this last baby - only wish I could have kept it. Have pics somewhere but here is a shot of the sidecar.

Wessteib.jpg

Ross said:
Mercs Own said:
[post="100792"][/post]​

No - get much better & while I'm driving
[post="100799"][/post]​

Not here, kids...please! Boasting is so childish :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's potentially much more hazardous than riding a bike. :(

Latest posts

Back