Who Rides A Motorcycle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Chang Jiang CJ750 currently undergoing the world's longest restoration and a SYM DD50 scooter (Bolwell Jolie in Australia) to get me to work and back.

Ross said:
smashed jaffa said:
Yep into it bigtime!

On my third BIKE now.

Had:

1984 BMW R80 (got rid of it - too young to ride this bike!)

1995 Suzuki GSXR1100 (great bike supa quik!)

Currently ride 2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm TWIN (noisy but great)

I never plan to ride in the dark or wet. I like my aggotts exactly where they are! (so does wifey! - occassionally)

I do drive a car most of the time tho. Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed. I acquired an Alfa affliction in my youth and am (thankgoodness) almost cured, thanks to the cost of serviceing said monetary pit!

Smashed Jaffa :super:
[post="100803"][/post]​

Apt name :D :D ....

My weakness back in Uk was Lancia's (Intergrale, rally car) - cried when I had to leave it behind...
[post="100805"][/post]​

Ross,

Nice car, although it was probably smart leaving it in the UK as imports from Pomgolia tend to go thru a 2nd puberty and get lots of acne when they arrive! Especially Italian imports from Pomgolia.

Cheers! :lol:

I have ridden a 1972 650V Trumphy for many years. but have been feeling a bit vunerable on it lately. Must have something to do with old age. Also have a little 250DR Suzie I only use once a year now on our death wish camping trip in the Murchison district.

As name suggests I have a Ducati 750 Monster...the carbed model. Best twin evermade untill they droped it and went to 800..silly mistake. I do ride in the rain, and some of my best rides have been in rain. But hail aint much fun...

Missus has 750ss...the injected one...that is getting sold...she cant reach the ground and now she likes the look of the new Monster S4r...but at $22,000 she will have to wait a bit...

Owning 2 Ducati's does not make you rich...just a poor rich man

bradmcm said:
A Chang Jiang CJ750 currently undergoing the world's longest restoration and a SYM DD50 scooter (Bolwell Jolie in Australia) to get me to work and back.
[post="100811"][/post]​
Are you also on OCAU.MC? There can't be too many other Chang Jiang's in Australia.

I ride a 2005 Kawasaki GPX250, for the next month or so. Then I turn 30, and will reward myself with a big bike, or type unknown at this stage. I've recently had all the fun of testriding, been fanging about on all sorts of things.

Here is a pic of my current little beast:
new%20exhaust2.jpg

Used to, but not anymore. Had some fun days, but I value my life more than some motorists do.

Wasnt going to reply to this one, too many painfully happy memories.

I rode for many years in the UK all year round, went to rallies, IOM TT, continental touring, actively involved in MAG & BMF as well as the local MCC's. When Mrs. Vlad fell preggers the oldies were relieved that we would have to stop biking, but I was one step ahead, bought a BMW sideacar outfit. Leading links. 15" wheels, Unit connections, the full Monty. The touring carried on, including junior.
When it was time to spread our wings further afield and come to the Lucky Country we bought the outfit with us. But the Lucky country had other plans for me. I had to sell it to buy a van and get geared up for work (carpenter), with the self promise that it is only until we get back on our feet.
16 years later. I must get back on my feet soon.
Many happy memories.
(please excuse tears on the keyboard).

Had quite a few in the past
About 10 i think
Then i hit a kangaroo 500 m from home (hurts) swore id never ride again but alas the bug does not go away so currently restoring a Moto Guzzi Lemans (M1)
Motors rebuilt
Frames in primer
Stainless bolt kit on its way from US
All slowed down a bit since i discovered kegs tho.

My first bike was an XR200, bullet proof for me and my mate + the 'other' mate who thought he had divine right to it. Great bike couldn't kill it, sold it to some turkey who thought it was a 2 stroke, XR had one last stroke and died.
Dreamt of bikes.
Many moons later got my hands on an Aprillia Pegaso 650, its still for sale at picton bikes!.
Italians suck at part support, lets go deutchlander!
BMW 1150RT-P Noice!
My son loves it too, single seater only, yes the scratches on the pannier were there when i bought it, then I added my own...
Did you know that not many men can lift 300kg of bike when it is on its side? I cant!
Love it though, two wheeled car, yet to have my first major service, may hate it then.

bmwboycrop.JPG

PS, the only thing about the beemer that sucks... its a German bike, brilliantly engineered, great power smooth, stable, (even in nasty cross winds and the b-double shuffle) Man, it handles Bowral chill like no other, but i shit you not, hot day? you SUFFER!
Hans says "Ya, but in ze deutchland there ist lesser of ze ot dayz"
I sayz, "Hans, please more air, I ist zuffocating"
Hans says, "Nein, you just need und more German weiss beir"
Und I agree.

A bike like that, you'd just turn on the climate control, while sipping your coffee from the cupholder and playing a cd or 6.

(yes, I am jealous, 'tis a fine beast)

Being police issue they put the battery where the stereo would have gone for easy access, and just for a tease they leave the speakers on place in the dashboard!.
Who said Germans arn't funny buggers?
One day those speakers will pump!

the problem with the heat you may have is only, because you can not drive fast enough in Australia to get enough cooling-air.

You know, Germany is probably one of the only country that has not yet any speed-limit.

Just come over and have a ride with me at >230km/h on our Autobahn :beerbang:

... and have a beer after that, or two...or three....

'allegedly' this Beemer wont go any faster than 180kph (according to NSW highway patrol, and one other source)(BMW does say 200+, bollocks!, erm, so i'm told...) The K1200 is a faster beast i have been lead to believe...
No autobahn here as yet, legal top speed 110kph (give 10% say the nice cops)(grumpy cops book you)... Oh mein autobahn, mein henchen, yar yar...
No fair, 4am, no cars, look out for 'roos, wombats (big danger) and echnidas and other shit and you might make it to work and back!

And Zwickel, only one other place, Northern Territory Aus has unrestricted speed limit, if you are mad enough to do it, in the middle of nowhere with no help, you go for it!. Ever seen a semi with X amount of trailers doing 150kph plus? I havent but have have heard of it... caught in a dust cloud? dont stop dude! keep going fast and pray! otherwise some truck and 200 cattle with squish you big time!

thanks Boozy, when Im in Australia for hollidays, Ill be very calm, there are too many unknown hazards on the roads, as well as you are driving on the wrong side of road.:p

...but if I consider... in Germany Im mostly driving also on the wrong side...
because taking over....

here a pic of our two babies:

babies.jpg

1200 ccm Suzuki GSX
850 ccm Yamaha TDM

makes fun

30 odd years ago used to spend a lot of time on the back of these things going fast. And a lot of time in between being driven around after injuries. Story has always been the same for me - buy another one, crash it, sell it and swear/promise family never to buy another and then do it all over again a few years later. It's been ten years now, concentrate on brewing! concentrate on brewing! concentrate.

I LOVE EM

Get a mountain bike guys...and come riding with me!

Motorbikes are for lazy wusses.

:ph34r: :ph34r: ;)

Latest posts

Back