Who Rides A Motorcycle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have got a 1976 Suzuki RE5, not pretty or fast and handles poorly, but its different...

I ride this beast B)

Bike_web_.jpg

Must have been on holidays as jazman suggested so i missed this thread till now.
Ride a 90 Harley Fatboy.Used to ride a ducati 900 S2.
Thinking of upping the anti with a 124cube ss motor etc but man its big $$$$$$$$$$$$.Dream on.

Cheers
Big D

124 cu in? That's almost 2 litres, right? In a harley that's gotta be good for at least 90 horsepower.

yep thats right barfridge except its good for around 140hp +.The Brett Stephens special is good for 180hp.

I've been riding for years, and just corrupted some other family members into getting their licences.....

I've got a 2002 ZX6R, planning on giving myself a ZX10R for my birthday in August though.

Wife rides a 2000 Ducati Monster 750, and I share my commuter CB250 with my son to learn on when I am not taking it to work.

The ZX6R has done a touch over 70,000km now, and still going strong, but it's time for a new one after running out of fingers to count how many sets of tyres it has been through.

Cheers
Ben

I have been riding for over 20 years, have a 2000 Kawasaki GTR1000, but sadly have to give it up, have finally linked my sore back to a fractured vertebrae (.sp?) from an accident 10 years ago, that riding my bike seems to be aggravating. I was riding it 200Km each day from Drysdale to/from Melbourne for work (rain hail or shine).

Its always nice passing people in their four wheeled coffins all stacked up in the traffic. Ha ha.....waiting for the flack.....

I have a Suzuki GSXR600 2005.
GSXR600.jpg

And my G/F has a Aprilia Mojito 125. This is so cool to ride.
mojito50a.jpg

Came accross this topic while searching for fire extinguishers. I guess the "Fire"blade posts matched the search :)

I ride as well, got a 2001 Yammie V-Star 1100 Classic. It's currently off the road at present, waiting for a new tank to be delivered from the states - Had a disagreement with a bus on the M2 back in December :( First ever acco after a number of years riding, and walked away without a scratch, literally (touch wood)! It was a very personal reminder why I always wore my protective gear.

Good to see this topic revived again.I had forgotten all about our bike riding members.My harley is currently dead due to an electrical problem :angry: Hope to get some more bits and pieces soon that should fix it else wise it may gather some more dust again.

Cheers
Big D

How many of you ride a motorcycle like :excl:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is sensational SG!
Cheers
Steve

P.S. Yep ridden bikes when growing up in England. Couldnt afford cars. Had a bike here for 12 months before realising I had to re-sit my test to transfer my bike licence. It was a beautiful old Kawasaki Z650.
Steve

Check this thing out. My father inlaw bought it at an English auction for 2000 pounds. Its some sort of harley or davdison (only one half of the duo) deal with a euro bike manufacturer. Its a 350cc bike which came from a US base in Germany. FIL tells me the rear box is for the gun, must be a stumpy gun?

stubike1.jpg
stubike2.jpg

I ride a Kwaka Zephyr, but what I want for christmas is....palatina_rs_rocket_3_28.jpg

I got to be a passenger in a different sort of bike yesterday:

swing_0023.JPG

The WA road racing club had a tryout day for thier sidecars, trying to drum up more interest. I don't think I've ever had more fun on a bike than I had yesterday. But it's hard on the body. I have bruises everywhere, and I feel like a geriatric this morning, everything hurts.

hehe, nice one.

It almost got that bad, after I had a large choc milk for lunch. It's not on my recommended list of things to do before high-g activities.

I have a VOR EN450 that I ride sometimes...I note noone's posted up owning one of those!
Benny, when you set out for a ride give us a yell or visit dirtblokes if you haven't already!

A mate of mine has a VOR 530 in full supermotard trim. I pit crew for him occasionally. He gets held back on the longer courses by only hacing a 5 speed box, but otherwise it's lots and lots of fun on the big thumpers.

Slightly off topic <_< but you guys would understand.
Almost "shit myself" last weekend, I was riding "point" [ahead off the pack] for a poker run, not my club but we were invited by another "patch" to ride, anyway I had a brother riding bitch on the back and I was doing 120 around a large sweeper into another bend, when as I came around the next bend ahead of us was a large tree across the road :blink: , my mate is hitting me in the ribs to brake [which I was] I put the bakes on and was yelling STOP which I did about 3" from it, safe? no way! around the bend comes a Troop carrier who locks up his brakes and is going sideway for us, he gets it together and and bounces over the tree big-time and I just sat there with my balls in my mouth as others pulled the tree [with much effort] off the road.
What would have happened if the whole pack came on it? :(
Bikes are fun.

Latest posts

Back