Who Rides A Motorcycle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMm...Dukes still have a mans clutch.....

And if you real reliability and engineering, BMW will kick the japs all over the place.

Just why is it all jap bikes look and feel the same....its only the stickers that tell them apart ( runs to shed and grabs heavy dury flame suite.. :ph34r: )

FWIW i used to own a Ducati 900S2 and it never broke down. Now own a 90 FLSTF Harley and its not running due to freight requirements strip down to get to WA.Just a wee bit to do to get it going again.Anyway if i had a few extra coins i would sell up and buy a 1096 any day.

Cheers
Big D

FWIW i used to own a Ducati 900S2 and it never broke down. Now own a 90 FLSTF Harley and its not running due to freight requirements strip down to get to WA.Just a wee bit to do to get it going again.Anyway if i had a few extra coins i would sell up and buy a 1096 any day.

Cheers
Big D

I never actually owned a Ducati but I'm perpetuating the myth....

In fact the only person I knew who owned one had a non mechanical problem with it. When riding over a pothole the wheel got flattened.....ooops.

And Harley Davidson....jesus, don't start! :p

I never actually owned a Ducati but I'm perpetuating the myth....

In fact the only person I knew who owned one had a non mechanical problem with it. When riding over a pothole the wheel got flattened.....ooops.

And Harley Davidson....jesus, don't start! :p

Dont talk to me about the soft rims on some Dukes :angry: Big potholes will dent the rims. But atleast they are soft enough to fix. The jap ones are hard and crack

FWIW, a mate lent me his Fatboy, was like riding a tractor, only need ed 2 gears, heaps of torque, but felt really dead, but comfy. When I jumped back on mine, it was like riding something alive that was begging to be ridden hard and fast. One good thing about a Duke is , the harder you ride it, the better the bike likes it.

I started off on a Yamaha PeeWee 80 years ago, had several years break and bought a Kwacker GPX-250, had several years break and bought a Yamaha TRX-850.

I would love a GSXR-750, however I would try to ride the bike to its limits rather than mine.

I ride a 06' WR250f, but im trying to sell it to get a road bike.. will start at the bottom of the range when i get the cash.. would probably kill myself on a 500cc+ road bike :p

I have a Suzuki SV650, but its up for sale. I think my next bike will be an old one looking to be restored proberbly a Harley, Duke, or BMW.

JCG

Hi I have a 2001 Ninja
For sale at moment Melbourne area
$7000 ono

DSC00083_edited.JPG

DSC00090_edited.JPG

One of the best things about living in Perth is having lots of mates who fly out to the mines. They have some serious coin to spend.

2 of them recently purchased 1098 Tricolore (a limited edition upspec model), and are engaged in a fierce battle to see who can get the most bling. They have both spent over $10 grand, on top of a ~$35k base price for the bike.

Crazy! But nice to drool over.

Yes, an old topic, but i just traded my 750 Kat on a 93 ZZ-R 1100, what a beast. It is currently unregistered, but all it need is the seat reupholstered (I hope). I can't wait to get it out on an open road, wooo hooo.

bike1A.jpg

cheers

Browndog

I have just watched these two videos. I cant believe the skill of these blokes, the machines seem to be hard wired to their brains.

Ride a motorcycle:

Ride a bicycle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to ride a beautiful old Kawasaki Z650..... :)

Cheers
Steve

Rode from about 1964 till the mid 70's.
In order of ownership:
50 cc Berini
650 cc AJS
750 cc Norton Atlas
750 cc Suzuki (the waterbottle)

lol. Fancy finding a bike thread in a beer forum (I've been perpetuating the reverse for some time now :D)

I've got a 1994 KX125, that I never get a chance to ride, and a 1986 rz250f that has slowly (and expensively) been making the transition to an all out rz350 streetfighter.

Must be coming on 3 years now...
:(

I ride a Honda VTR250 and have a 2008 Suzuki GSXR-750 on order, expected to arrive around April next year. :(

Slowly but surely, PSB is taking over the world. I love it :)

My first post here. I've only just started brewing, so i'm a hell of a lot more comfortable in a bike thread than a beer one. I have a KTM450EXC at the moment, but over the years i've had various roadies and dirt bikes, done a bit of road racing and generally i'm always riding something when ever i'm able to. Bikes are a lifestyle choice, and I choose to ride them. :)

My TRX-850 is up for sale. It is a great bike, but I just don't have the time to ride it.

I used to work at MCA in Sydney. It includes around $2,500 of extras. Individual items include Staintune exhaust, alarm, workshop manual, carbon fibre rear hugger, carbon fibre tank protector, carbon fibre triple clamp protector, engine cowl, smaller front sprocket, braided brakes (front and back), sheepskin seat covers, DynoJet air filter and ventura rack. I've also got the DynoJet jet kit which was never installed. Besides all the accessories, the bike has 11 months rego, new Bridgestone BT014 front tyre and near new Bridgestone BT014 rear tyre. It also has a new battery and new rubber footpeg grips.

Its a 99 model with 50,000 km's (mostly country travel). One superbike school day (hence photo).

Let me know if you (or anyone) are interested.

Latest posts

Back