Who Rides A Motorcycle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reviving this thread to boast about my new baby - a Buell 1125R. I bought this one new in melbourne and am flying down to collect her on the 25th - can hardly wait.

At the moment these are going for an absolute steal - they are the last of the Buells to ever be produced (HD pulled the plug on the brand last year). I have always wanted one, and this was my last opportunity to get new.
2008-buell-1125r-ful-1_460x0w.jpg

Nice Bike, Those front disks must give you a good whack of stopping power JA. I'm jelous

cheers

Browndog

Nice Bike, Those front disks must give you a good whack of stopping power JA. I'm jelous

cheers

Browndog

The rim-mounted disks are one of the buell trademarks - the bike also has fuel in the frame, oil in the swingarm, and maintenance-free belt drive. Some people complain about the looks - but I think it's beautiful! you can get them new for less than the price you'd pay for a second-hand Japanese bike, but there are only a few left in the country - DO IT!

we need an AHB M.C. methinks.

I dont like Harley's ( it's the look at me I goto a Harlye crap ), BUT I would definatly have a Buel in my shed any day :)

What about the Harley iron 885? That's sex on wheels and value for money...~$15k new

my suzuki sv650 needs a new can. Stock can is crap

Sh!t hot that one JA, congrats on your purchase. Very slick looking beast that one.

There are a few decent specials on various models at the moment, not that I can justify 10, 20 or 30K on a bike nowadays!

ha.... my old username that I use on a number of forums is a bit of a give away for anyone that knows bikes.....

But now I'm on a 2005 Bandit 1200.... doing lotsa touring!!!

off to Superbikes at Phillip Island next week which means leaving my new kegging system for a while :eek:

cheers
Neil

I dont like Harley's ( it's the look at me I goto a Harlye crap ), BUT I would definatly have a Buel in my shed any day :)

Totally agree - I'd consider a v-rod if I had the money to burn, but Harley's don't do much for me. But I've wanted a Buell since I first started riding.

Sh!t hot that one JA, congrats on your purchase. Very slick looking beast that one.

There are a few decent specials on various models at the moment, not that I can justify 10, 20 or 30K on a bike nowadays!

Ta - can't wait to pick it up. These were retailing for around $18000 not long ago - now you can pick the few still around up for over $5K less than that.

I too have a couple of bikes.

2007 Yamaha YZ250F

2009 KTM 450EXC

You spend any time over at advrider.com? My old bike was a DR650. Have to sell her now I've got the Buell- simply can't afford the rego for two bikes at once.

I bought a 250 Suzy Intruder Cruiser (5 months before LAMS came in <_< ) I'm planning on going to a bigger bike - I'm 6'2' and my feet hang over the pegs. That new Harley is the braw. Take one anyday, but I'm most likely to get another Jap cruiser. If I had a road bike I'd be doing wheel stands in 3rd gear :lol:

At the minute I have a TE450 with a motard kit for the road and the dirt gear for the bush.
Sold my GSXR1000 for a house deposit and had an RGV250 as a learner.
These days im in the bush for most of my riding but I do miss the GSXR.

HCR_2007.JPG

im really thinking about changing the sportsbike over for a cruiser. but they are so much harder to lanesplit/filter on.

im really thinking about changing the sportsbike over for a cruiser. but they are so much harder to lanesplit/filter on.
I've been thinking the same thing, and come to the same conclusion (and about $30K short too)

I've been thinking the same thing, and come to the same conclusion (and about $30K short too)
but that brings me back to the iron 885. ~$15k new. back to basics, good performnance and reliability (by all accounts ive read). of course if youve got some extra $ you could got the 1200cc option which is the nightster.

actually my prices are wrong. The Age's 'Drive' section on 2010 harley models is here
iron 883 is ~$12k
nightster is ~$15k

edit:
quick search and there is a 1200ccnighster in berwick with vance &hines exhaust (instad of naff stocks pipes) 2008 model for $14.5k. so maybe screw the iron 883 and go the 1200! although petrol adds up for commuting with a 1200cc.

Nice spot there CM2. I was having a look at this new honda. except for the ridiculously small fuel tank, this would be a winner in my book

Nice spot there CM2. I was having a look at this new honda. except for the ridiculously small fuel tank, this would be a winner in my book
12.87L :eek: what idiot came up with that stupid idea! needs at least 15L for 1300cc. go the v-twin. $22k though. :(

12.87L :eek: what idiot came up with that stupid idea! needs at least 15L for 1300cc. go the v-twin. $22k though. :(
I know! you'd get what, 200km max on that tank...prolly less actually. love the look, but again the $'s put it beyond reach

maybe we head down to queen street one morning or arvo and check out the current cruiser offerings.

Great thread. Been riding dirt bikes for nearly as long as I could walk. I have a 97 Yz250 she's getting a bit old but has a new top end and go's like a shower of shit. My mates with the 450 4 strokes spin out on how quick it is for a 250. would love a new one but can't justifiy the $ when I don't even use the one I got as offten as I should. Plus SWMBO brought me riding lessons to get my licence for my birthday so I'll soon be in the market for a little road bike which will get used every day.

P8021027.JPG

Back