Who Rides A Motorcycle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold the DR650(too heavy) and im now looking for a registrable two stroke! ;) yes i would take that RMX off you offline B)

lost count of the bikes i've had over the years(i did them up and sold them as well as play) gave up the big road bikes because the tree's wanted hugging :D so i stick to road trails these days

i had one of these as a first bike :eek:
bultaco-alpina-m138.jpg

the DR gone not forgotten
IMG_0286.jpg

hahah i loved my DR 125 -

1982_DR125S_black_side_450.jpg
(not mine but the same as)

i started of on a 1980 KX 80, it was to fast for me to learn on so i then got a new Honda Z50. After that i got a XR 80 then the DR 125. First road bike i rode was my brothers immacutly restored RD350LC, would blow off 600's easily. For my learners i got a GF250 then an Across 250. Finally migrated to a 94 Honda CBR600 which was the nuts. Sold that when i stopped working at Peter Stevens and havnt had a bike since.

If anyone see's an RD350LC (or and RZ) please let me know as i want to buy one and restore/ride it. I've looked everywhere.

Flying to melb tomorrow afternoon to pick up the new buell. Very excited.

anyone got a good idea for 'polishing' out crash 'scratches' from a stainless exhaust?

a guy had his bike stolen and trashed. im buying his tires off him and his going to throw in his yoshi exhaust for free as no one will want it. its had the yoshie brand scrapped off it and scratched from being crashed.

I figure i'll have the can and ty and 'polish' out the scratches etc. wtf do i care if its not perfect. it functions, it sounds mint and is better than the stock can ive got.

so suggestions?

anyone got a good idea for 'polishing' out crash 'scratches' from a stainless exhaust?

a guy had his bike stolen and trashed. im buying his tires off him and his going to throw in his yoshi exhaust for free as no one will want it. its had the yoshie brand scrapped off it and scratched from being crashed.

I figure i'll have the can and ty and 'polish' out the scratches etc. wtf do i care if its not perfect. it functions, it sounds mint and is better than the stock can ive got.

so suggestions?

Various grades of wet and dry paper will do the trick start off with something coarse like 100 grit or even a second cut file to get the worst of the scratches out then jump up to 240 and work on it till you have all the 100grit scratches out, then jump up again. Do it right and by the time you get to 1200 you will have a mirror finish

cheers

Browndog

what just normal sandpaper? oh hang on im assuming you can get sandpaper for metal.. bunnings? or go to a car/bike joint like repco or something?

You want Wet & Dry sand paper, best place is any paint shop or Bunning$$$$$$..

You have to use it wet, so you better buy a bucket as well

Like Browndog said, start coarse then gradually go fine down to 1200...

And it will take a while, so stock up on beer as well

sweet. thanks fellas. i thought it was a good way of getting a $600 can for nix. actually since the guy is wrecking his bike he's giving me the entire exhaust system as the can isnt a slip on. that way i can either have the entire system put on or so as i please with it!

what are you riding again at the moment cm2?

All these blades were formed with the aid of a linishal and the process with the wet and dry I mentioned. The Bowie was cut out with a band saw and shaped with a file and gold plated.

DSC02964.JPG

cheers

Browndog

Forgot to mention they were cut out of cold drawn bar stock, hence, showing what you can accomplish with a bit of elbow grease and dedication.

remind me not to get you angrey in a dark alley!

must remember - Do not piss off browndog.................

edit - CM2, snap

The way office life should be -

very amusing for us bikers. love the knee slide

edit:

add is also good. wonder wh's game enough to try it in real life

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking the Buell out for a spin this weekend. OPH? Putty Rd?

SWMBO enrolled me in superbike school (basically tutored track days at Eastern Creek) for July. Very excited.

Back