Quantcast

Which March Pump?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Davethebrewer

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm putting together a braumeister clone, inspired by the great work by many on this forum.I can't decide on which March pump to get and would welcome any advice.I've ordered a 44qt Bayou stock pot from Amazon. 342mm dia x 438mm tall. My mash pipe is some seamless SS tube I found, 220mm dia x 400mm gives me a volume of around 15l.Hoping to do 20l brews.
Now given the tall skinny mash pipe, which March pump would you guys recommend?Seems most go the centre inlet type, so I have a choice of 809-PL-C, 809-PL-HS-C or 815-PL-C ?
CheersDave

adryargument

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm putting together a braumeister clone, inspired by the great work by many on this forum.I can't decide on which March pump to get and would welcome any advice.I've ordered a 44qt Bayou stock pot from Amazon. 342mm dia x 438mm tall. My mash pipe is some seamless SS tube I found, 220mm dia x 400mm gives me a volume of around 15l.Hoping to do 20l brews.
Now given the tall skinny mash pipe, which March pump would you guys recommend?Seems most go the centre inlet type, so I have a choice of 809-PL-C, 809-PL-HS-C or 815-PL-C ?
CheersDave
815 is the newer version with higher flow / head pressure.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
The "HS" is the one most brewers have used for many years.

The "PL" will still do the job.

815 is more flow than 809.

edit: I should add, for that system I would use the trusty 809-HS-C

QldKev

Davethebrewer

Reaction score
Thanks guys,Will get the 809-HS-C, anyone on the Gold Coast/Brissie want one as well? Share the postage.CheersDave

Latest posts