Which March Pump?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davethebrewer

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm putting together a braumeister clone, inspired by the great work by many on this forum.I can't decide on which March pump to get and would welcome any advice.I've ordered a 44qt Bayou stock pot from Amazon. 342mm dia x 438mm tall. My mash pipe is some seamless SS tube I found, 220mm dia x 400mm gives me a volume of around 15l.Hoping to do 20l brews.
Now given the tall skinny mash pipe, which March pump would you guys recommend?Seems most go the centre inlet type, so I have a choice of 809-PL-C, 809-PL-HS-C or 815-PL-C ?
CheersDave

Hi all, I'm putting together a braumeister clone, inspired by the great work by many on this forum.I can't decide on which March pump to get and would welcome any advice.I've ordered a 44qt Bayou stock pot from Amazon. 342mm dia x 438mm tall. My mash pipe is some seamless SS tube I found, 220mm dia x 400mm gives me a volume of around 15l.Hoping to do 20l brews.
Now given the tall skinny mash pipe, which March pump would you guys recommend?Seems most go the centre inlet type, so I have a choice of 809-PL-C, 809-PL-HS-C or 815-PL-C ?
CheersDave

815 is the newer version with higher flow / head pressure.

The "HS" is the one most brewers have used for many years.

The "PL" will still do the job.

815 is more flow than 809.

edit: I should add, for that system I would use the trusty 809-HS-C

QldKev

Thanks guys,Will get the 809-HS-C, anyone on the Gold Coast/Brissie want one as well? Share the postage.CheersDave

Latest posts

Back