Where Do You Brew ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where does your brew day go down ?

• In the kitchen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outside in all of natures elements

• Outside under the pagola/awning

• In the garage

• In the shed

• Other

• Total voters
I brew on an uncovered concrete slab behind the garage in the good weather & in the garage when the weather is less kind.

Under the carport for brewing, and the back of the garage for the storage of gear and ferment fridge etc.

Plenty of protection from the weather, except for strong winds, then I have to cover everything to stop the dog fur from getting into everything.

starters in the kitchen. brewing and fermenting on the balcony. use the bbq as a stand. the balcony is drained so can be easily washed down. keg fridge is in the kitchen. one day i'll have a (brew) shed again ...

outside for brewing, there is a balcony option if weather gets too foul, ferment in laundry in winter, garage in summer..dreaming of a dedicated space

I am just putting the finishing touches on my new brewstand in the garage. It's a tandem or drive-thru garage, so there is heaps of room. Car goes out the front as it is only a car.
I used to brew inside, on a 6hl DME set-up, with topless barmaids wandering past, but that got boring.
Cheers
Gerard

At least you had plenty of jugs to put the 6hl into Gerard. :rolleyes:

Warren -

Prepare in kitchen then ferments in the back room of the house wich has a constant even temperature as it is cut back in the ground.

I brew in the garage in which there is also an avery shared by 5 Cockatiels and 3 Canaries. They go mad when I do the hop additions :D

C&B
TDA

Hi Folks

I currently brew outside in the back garden but as soon as I put a roof on the back deck...

The fermenters bubble away in my darkroom.

Cheers
Dave

Out on the back veranda
You will find brewing gear all around
At the back right here

Jayse

brew on one side of the open style carport which is great except in the wet season when the rain and wind comes at you from different directions.its one time of the year when planning a brewday also takes into consideration the weather.next year moving up to a dedicated brew shed.

cheers
big d

Lucky enough to have a good size shed where I am renting while the new house is being built. Hopefully a cosy spot once my new house is built.

Starters and brewing in the kitchen; fermenting downstairs inthe cellar/storeroom where temperature ranges from 16-18 degrees over the year.
Kegging and occaissional bottling :angry: back in the kitchen.

Pussies. I brew outside, in the open, on the day I planned, rain or not. (I have to, the tree branch is an integral part of the system). Just have to occasionally set a negative evaporation rate in Promash, if it looks like the kettle will receive a pile of precipitation during the boil.

I ticked the other box. Sparge and mash water is heated in the kitchen, mashing is on the veranda, boiling is done in the open and fermenting is done in the end bedroom.

Rain and sometimes snow has fallen on my brewday.

For the others that boil outside, lookout for sunlight falling directly onto the wort that has hops floating around on top. You may want to position the lid so that no sunlight falls on the wort.

Either in my carport, or in my brew-buddy's carport, or under his back verandah.

Back in my partial mash & kit days I used to do concentrated volume boils in the kitchen. I much prefer outside but under the carport roof.

Count me in as another kitchen brewer.

Kai said:
Count me in as another kitchen brewer.
[post="90759"][/post]​

Whose kitchen do you brew in Kai :blink: ??

I'm under the pergola now, but only under cover of shadecloth ;) .

Outdoor brewing is more of an adventure anyway. What insect will land in the wort today? Will the dog manage to score a direct hit with a tennis ball that bounced off its nose? You know the sort of thing.

I brew underneath my highset QLDer, with a dirt floor, I'm never lonely, I've got mozzies and cockies for company yech........

cheers

Browndog

Back