where do you get your beers ? share your pusher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
The Leura cellars thread made me think there really isnt a thread ( I think) where people share their suppliers otherwise known as the pusherman

so where are you ? where do you blow your cash ? Who has the good stuff ?

Maybe we drum up some more buisness for our local small guy rather than more cash for Dans

I'm in Sydney eastside . go to 2 places mainly

steve cool booze in Maroubra. Great range and great guys . Steve will give you a taste of whatever he has going for the Growlers everytime you walk in . Great Aussie , USA and Belgian range. Have spent a fortune in there. I don't even want to think about it

robin hood hotel drive through in Charring Cross . got a good selection in late last year after being a standard drive through forever .really good local selection , gets a good range of Stones and USA stuff . not so much the Belgian

Purple Palate in Maleny, Sunshine Coast. When I'm in Brisvegas I'll go to Craft at Red Hill or The Black Sheep Bottle'o at Newmarket. Otherwise, unfortunately I can't wait for the Dan's at Caloundra to open :(

Here in the Upper Hunter there is not a single place that stocks anything other than corporate craft or Murrays standard beers (which I'm not complaining about, I like them)
Other than the breweries in the Hunter Valley, my closest options are;
Garden Cellars at Hunter Valley Gardens. They're a little expensive but have a great range
Warners At The Bay in Warners Bay. Brilliant range, Growler & Squealer fills and are more than willing to chat your ear off about all things beer.

Melbourne, Inner North:

• Carwyn Cellars, Thornbury. Easily my favourite. Good range of rotating beers, good staff and of course 15-odd taps... it's always nice to tell the missus I'm heading out to buy beer, and I get to drink beer at the same time as browsing.
  • Harvest, Northcote. Great range of beers and excellent wine range.

mongey said:
steve cool booze in Maroubra.

robin hood hotel drive through in Charring Cross .
I'm fairly local to both these, but I'm ashamed to admit I've never been to Steve's Cool Booze (and I've been to the Robin Hood drive through a few times, but find the range very limited).

Nearly all my stuff is bought at the Oak Barrel (Elizabeth St., Sydney City).
Very occasionally I'll drop into Barney's (Botany Road, Rosebery).

I will finally get to Steve's Cool Booze soon though ...

Wherever I can find something different to try these days. Usually singles or occasionally a six pack, just to expand my beer palate a bit. I've been pretty much a "megaswiller" for most of my beer drinking life, but since joining ABH, I've really enjoyed discovering real flavour in different beer styles.

At the risk of being blackbanned from AHB altogether, I will admit to buying a $36 carton of "Storm Pale Ale" (green box and label) from Aldi the other day, and it was actually remarkably tasty, (at least to my untrained palate).

Edit: typo

kaiserben said:
I'm fairly local to both these, but I'm ashamed to admit I've never been to Steve's Cool Booze (and I've been to the Robin Hood drive through a few times, but find the range very limited).

Nearly all my stuff is bought at the Oak Barrel (Elizabeth St., Sydney City).
Very occasionally I'll drop into Barney's (Botany Road, Rosebery).

I will finally get to Steve's Cool Booze soon though ...
Have you been to Robin Hood lately ? It's stepped up allot. There's a dude working there now looking after the beer and he's getting good stuff

I drive past steves cool booze for like 6 years on my way to dans before I went in there and realized how much stuff they had.

I'm close to roseberry so will have to check Barneys out.

mongey said:
Have you been to Robin Hood lately ? It's stepped up allot.
I suppose it's probably been more than a year since I was last there.

Nsw

I work n Newcastle so Warners Bay and also Price of Wales Merewether has a good range. The coast just got a place open called Oldfields which has stuff that DMs doesn't carry.

When in the city I got to Beer Cartel.

Always chasing imported IPAs!!

Just checked out Barneys website. Pretty impressive. Gonna have to check it out this weekend.

I'm in Newcastle so Like a couple of others have stated Warners at the Bay has a great range of craft beers(supposedly 1000 varieties) and the Prince of Wales has a great range and also a walk in fromagerie full of delightful artery clogging goodness.

Honorable mention for the Albion Hotel as well it is not as vastly stocked as the Prince or Warners but has a great small selection.

The Albion use to be a great place untill it changed hands a few years ago. I used to ride my treadley I'm there every Sunday for a few beers. Now a local bar (firestation hotel) keeps me busy tasting and I don't have to ride there. But yea, can't go by past warners at the bay. And there beer festival is awesome to. Great value for ya coin.

When I'm in Belgium, I like to drop into Delirium Cafe in Brussels.

In the Sydney area, Beer Cartel, Leura Cellars and Camperdown Cellars (the Camperdown store on Parramatta Rd.). I've been meaning to get myself to Oak Barrel too, a friend has brought over some nice stuff that he bought there.

Latest posts

Back