where do you get your beers ? share your pusher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the western Sydney peeps there's north Wenty liquor.

On the south coast there is an independent bottle shop in berry that has an excellent range of unusual craft beer. I often walk out with 4-6 beers that cost as much as a carton but it will be years before I get through their range.

The owner loves his beer but some of the other staff are fairly clueless.

Brisbane:

Cellarbrations Bowen Hills - big & diverse range of local & international beers, including rarities. interesting stuff coming in every week.

In the Illawarra: cellarbrations warilla has a surprising amount of good Aus and u.s beers. Figtree cellars has a great range of Belgian treats.

Outer eastern burbs of Melbourne there is the Public Brewery in Croydon which has a big range of Australian craft beers. Mayerling cellars at Burnt bridge, Croydon has a small selection of craft brews but watch the owner as he likes to add a couple a bucks when tallying.
There's also a decent bottlo on Dorset Rd near Eastfield Rd. Sam's Emporium or something like that. Some different beers pop up there from time to time and they have a decent range of SN.
Unfortunately the bottlo in Lilydale where I was buying DFH, Stone and Pirate Life has closed its doors and ol mate Pete at the Brewer's Den doesn't stock the nice range of Pommie and Belgian beers he used to have.
Keen to hear more options in the Eastern outskirts of Melbourne.

I live near Wollongong and I've found Thirroul Cellars has a pretty good selection from the US (Stone, Heretic), UK (Samuel Smiths, Youngs, Fullers) and others.

I used to live in Bondi and found Platinum Liquor at Bellevue Hill to have a cracking selection. Sours, Belgians, UK beers and some weird stuff too.

Agree 100% with Contrarian about the joint in Berry. I've dropped a bomb on a handful of beers there too!!

mattymcfatty said:
In the Illawarra: cellarbrations warilla has a surprising amount of good Aus and u.s beers. Figtree cellars has a great range of Belgian treats.
thats good to know. mother in law is in the gong and I'm often stuck in the local bottle shop dying for a nice strong belgian to take the edge off

Camo6 said:
Outer eastern burbs of Melbourne there is the Public Brewery in Croydon which has a big range of Australian craft beers. Mayerling cellars at Burnt bridge, Croydon has a small selection of craft brews but watch the owner as he likes to add a couple a bucks when tallying.
There's also a decent bottlo on Dorset Rd near Eastfield Rd. Sam's Emporium or something like that. Some different beers pop up there from time to time and they have a decent range of SN.
Unfortunately the bottlo in Lilydale where I was buying DFH, Stone and Pirate Life has closed its doors and ol mate Pete at the Brewer's Den doesn't stock the nice range of Pommie and Belgian beers he used to have.
Keen to hear more options in the Eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Check out the IGA in East Ringwood, an expanding range and even had Moon Dog doing servings in there last Friday.

South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne:

Winedown - Carnegie - hidden gems including the whole Westvleteren range.
Grape & Grain - Moorabin
Caufield Cellars - Glen Huntly Road
Wines on Poath - Hughesdale

NSW

City - Oak barrel
South of city - President cellars
Wollongong/Illawarra - Thirroul cellars, coledale fine wines, crown west bottle-o, berry bottle shop

Also forgot,
When in Coffs Harbour, Jetty Cellars under the Jetty shopping centre
Dave the English bloke is a legend and keeps a good stock of UK beers, Belgians and other bits and pieces

Yob said:
Check out the IGA in East Ringwood, an expanding range and even had Moon Dog doing servings in there last Friday.
Cheers Yob. Danwood also mentioned, while picking up my perc (I owe you a beer or two!), the bottlo near the IGA at Ringwood north has a few crafts as well. And believe it or not, the Dorset Gardens drivethrough sometimes has Brewdog, Rogue, Acme and Moondog in the fancy section.

Purvis in Mont Albert. World beers that you just don't see anywhere else. Truly wonderful.

Nillumbik Cellars in Diamond Creek.
Awesome range of local and imports.

20160520_2038131.jpg
This selection from Nillumbik should be good. I felt like an IPA so I also grabbed a sixer of boatrocker hop bomb. Great place.

DU99 said:
victoria

Hopheads in point cook(near my daughters) 1st Choice Melton,and dan's.Seddon Wine store.The PARK in werribee
Same here except for Melton. Only just heard about the Vin and the Seddon Wine store. Hop Heads is great coz it has beer on tap. I like Williamstown Fine Wines & Spirits in Ferguson St. They have a great range but if your not an expert like me just watch out for the sales pitch.

nosco said:
if your not an expert like me just watch out for the sales pitch.
It's easy to become an expert, jut buy one of each and make up your own mind. :icon_drool2:

The Highway bottle'o on Anzac Hwy in Adelaide has a huge selection ,Aussie ,US,UK,NZ,EU etc.
I damn near pissed myself with excitement !

I love American and Aussie beers of course but id love to see more Brittish and German beers around.

Latest posts

Back