where do you get your beers ? share your pusher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
South Coast New South Wales,

Decent bottle shop at mollymook shopping centre,

My new favourite and only recently discovered is Plonk at Fyshwick fresh food markets, not only are beers sectioned by style also by country. I believe I read a sign #1 bottle shop in NSW.

Worth a visit.

I'm a huge fan of Carwyn Cellars. 20 taps of epic beer (loads of sour at the moment.) and a great beer range. Yesterday was Boatrocker versus Cantillon, Rodenbach and Founders. Last weekend was Merri Mashers brewing out the front. Good times. Great beer.

There's a couple of places in the cbd but I rarely spend much time there these days and outer suburbs pubs are all shitty pokies joints with nothing more exotic on hand than LC pale.
Therefore my more fancy stuff comes from the international beer collector - mostly contemporary belgian beer with occasional older, more established types or non-belgian in the mix.

Mostly just brewing enough for consumption and buying very little.

While we're on the subject, the Great Northern pub in Carlton has a great selection of craft beer on tap including Deschutes and Hawkers as well as a handpump serving an ESB that has a lovely (possibly unintentional) sour twang to it. Funnily enough, there's a little bottlo there but I've yet to step into it as I'm always hurrying back to trade school after Friday long lunches. Will have to check it out next time.

Black Sheep Newmarket (the Everton Hills one hasn't the range).

I went to Red Hill one once, guy was snotty and so I didn't go back.

Whoever happens to be on at the time at Black Sheep is good for a chat and aren't clueless.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Black Sheep Newmarket (the Everton Hills one hasn't the range).

I went to Red Hill one once, guy was snotty and so I didn't go back.

Whoever happens to be on at the time at Black Sheep is good for a chat and aren't clueless.
Black Sheep at Newmarket is good, and agree about the range at the Everton Hills store. That sad it's close to home, so a good option.

The drive thru at the Stafford Tavern has an incredible range. Was very surprised walking in there.

Jim's cellars at Waitara and Ekim brewery cellar door at Mt Kuring-gai

Come to think of it, Jim's Liquor Nest (or whatever it is now called) in Crows Nest is not bad if you are going out for a meal and need to grab something interesting in a hurry.

Sydney city I've been to the oak barrel.

For inner west there is Liquor Legends at Ashfield Mall, they even do 30% off craft singles on the last Saturday of each month. Has a great range of Belgian, NZ and US beers.

kaiserben said:
I'm fairly local to both these, but I'm ashamed to admit I've never been to Steve's Cool Booze (and I've been to the Robin Hood drive through a few times, but find the range very limited).

Nearly all my stuff is bought at the Oak Barrel (Elizabeth St., Sydney City).
Very occasionally I'll drop into Barney's (Botany Road, Rosebery).

I will finally get to Steve's Cool Booze soon though ...
checked out Barneys on the weekend. killer selection for sure

JB said:
In Belgrave, outer East of Melbourne there's Harvest Cellars - harvestcellars.com.au or facebook.com/Harvest-Cellars - not far from Oscar's Alehouse. Good range, some Sours in there too. Huge range of wines too.
That's right across the road from the school my boys go to.....it's a trap when I'm picking them up. I just have to go in to have a look and then bam, I have beer :)

And sometimes I remember to pick the boys up from school too :)

peteru said:
Come to think of it, Jim's Liquor Nest (or whatever it is now called) in Crows Nest is not bad if you are going out for a meal and need to grab something interesting in a hurry.
If you're around Crows Nest, Cutty Cellars has a big selection of imported and local crafts. Plus growler fills.

Brisbane

Logan - **** all unfortunately, reliant on Dan's. Be glad to be advised otherwise.

Generally have to travel out to Bacchus at Capalaba or Fortitude Brewing at Mt Tamborine. Both great options but a bit of a hike from Logan.

Other options are Supercellars at Greenslopes and Hawthorne.

bootlegnjack said:
Brisbane

Logan - **** all unfortunately, reliant on Dan's. Be glad to be advised otherwise.

Generally have to travel out to Bacchus at Capalaba or Fortitude Brewing at Mt Tamborine. Both great options but a bit of a hike from Logan.

Other options are Supercellars at Greenslopes and Hawthorne.
Yes living in Logan I've found nothing good at all.

I work in Brisbane so my go to is Archive at West End on my way home.
Good range of mostly USA beers all kept in the cold room but it's usually a wallet lightening experience !

I only buy about 10 beers per year (each costing the same as 24 or more of my own) with everything else brewed at home.

A point of difference Liquor, Mitcham Vic, Whitehorse road.
A really good range of local craft beer.
Heaps of stouts, new ones including the new moon dog black lungs aged in bourbon barrels. Punk dog, lots of brands I haven't seen before. Also a very limited founders stout.
I grabbed these, going back again for sure!

1467338932203.jpg

peekaboo_jones said:
Heaps of stouts, new ones including the new moon dog black lungs aged in bourbon barrels. Punk dog, lots of brands I haven't seen before. Also a very limited founders stout.
Gotta agree with you there Peekaboo. Dropped in tonight as I've been driving past it every night without even knowing it was there until I read about it from Crafty Pint.
Was really impressed with the selection in the main fridge only to turn around and spot the Belgian fridge. Had a go at the bloke at the counter for having too many choices and he pointed me to the stout and porter section up the back. And did I mention it's on my way home?

peekaboo_jones said:
Only just noticed this the other day, yet to drop in for a look

Latest posts

Back