Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
English Dark Mild of my newly acquired Beer Engine (Thanks Batz!)

The hand pump makes this beer shine... nom nom nom

View attachment 56912
*******!
Looks pretty good mate, BTW.
(Mine is stripped again as I attempt to get a decent seal, it'll be sort of functional by the weekend or I'll brew a lager <_< )

You should come around for a beer and I'll make you jealous :p

*******!
Looks pretty good mate, BTW.
(Mine is stripped again as I attempt to get a decent seal, it'll be sort of functional by the weekend or I'll brew a lager <_< )

If all else fails give it to me to fix for ya mate, too easy.

IMG_1843.jpg

The latest incarnation of my AIPA.
The recipe is in the data base.

This batch is definitely one for hop lovers.
Seems to have more hop character and bite than the previous batch but, man oh man, it's going down a treat.
Love the colour and the clarity.

One for Batz.
gose1.JPG
Gose at dusk.

An important milestone in any mans life, my first beer outta my beer engine.
engine2.JPG
Flying pig bitter, oh yeah (using a pre-war sparkler and all).
engine1.JPG
Cor, bleedin lurvely.

What temp did you serve at? I grabbed a couple at room temp last week, then a few at keg fridge temp the other night.... The room temp beer had a much, MUCH better head...fridge beer was good, but a little lifeless....

Hmmm

Looks good though Perry!

What temp did you serve at? I grabbed a couple at room temp last week, then a few at keg fridge temp the other night.... The room temp beer had a much, MUCH better head...fridge beer was good, but a little lifeless....

Hmmm

Looks good though Perry!

Poured it off the fridge keg in a "polypin like object" and allowed to get to around 10 c. Still trying to work out weather I prefer the sparkler less version or the straight pour. Is four pints in one half of football normal?

I'd say try another....then one more to be sure :)

Cele-jay-tion Ale - My take on a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Plastic cup is not ideal but these are my pool rules. Even I have to follow them. Gotta love that Qld weather that we are swimming already though.

beer1.jpg

hoptimum.JPG

Sierra Nevada 2012 Hoptimum, I paid $26 for a four-pack.

100 IBU's they reckon. It's pretty frickin hoppy! And quite chewy too. There's a real hop spiciness that I reckon blends nicely with the alcohol warmth. It's pretty intense, loving it!

My Marzen/Octoberfest lager,1st keg is getting hammered as am I,gotta save the second for my birthday/octoberfest party next month.

IMAG0202.jpg

Hand cranked shootin' saison
saisonhand.JPG
and the "Midnight Train" polypin patent pending
poly.JPG

How is the saison when its flat mate?

I do like mine spritzy...... but it does look good :)

Last glass of a sensational Aussie Pale Ale.

AussiePaleAle120909.jpg

Latest posts

Back