Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Batz

Is that the Budvar Lager that you mentioned in another post?

Cheers

No mate it's my Aussie pub beer.
Budvar lager is much nicer, well if it's not Friday night anyway.
The latest Budvar lager I did I used Wyeast Budvar, and really I can't pick the difference to the original..

If you want a pub beer Far Kin lager will make most mega swillers happy.

Batz

APA dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin.
Very moorish.
Next time I think I'll go the whole hog and ramp it up to a muscular IPA.

DSC_4200.jpg

Drinking a rye ale made with denny cons fav 50.

Very fruity but my water fucks it right up. not overly bitter but not fantastic either :(

My latest APA. Very happy with this one.

[edit] actually put the photo in

IMG_3394.JPG

California Common, brewed for ANHC Club Night. Tastes great, just has to pass fellow Corio Bay Brewers selection....

CaliforniaCommon.jpg

NZ Wheat....

Same amazing taste as the Hoppe Heffe...

Brewed and dry hopped with NZ Motueka Flowers (Thanks Dan/King Brown Brewing ;))

Amazingly tasty, and only been kegged an hour... nom nom nom

NZ_Wheat.jpg

NZ Wheat....

Brewed and dry hopped with NZ Motueka Flowers (Thanks Dan/King Brown Brewing ;))

View attachment 57358

Oi! Stop drinking and do the house work you lazy bludger :p

Seriously, beer o'clock already??? Must be time for a saison.....

Hey, I've been busy.... Busy kegging beers, cleaning kegs, watching Hells Kitchen... Drinking... It's hard, HARD work man :p And I did all my housework yesterday :p

And yes, get into that Saison. You must be tired from all the pictures Anna posted on Facebook this morning (my count is 16!)

:p

Friday and it's the dreaded Far Kin Lager.

View attachment 57135

Why do I drink this stuff....I Far Kin like it!

Batz

Hey mate,

did a double batch of this last weekend,

Had no POR so went with Super Pride, and no Cluster, so went with Galaxy. Not quite as authentic, but still damn good I hope! Will be fermenting in the next week once I build up the starter of BrewTek Aus Ale I have in a vial somewhere :)

Cheers

double decocted pilsner, all floor malted bohpils, saaz & wy2000

crisp and bitter, notable difference in flavour from the non decdocted pilsners i make, i like it

IMG_9453.JPG

Loos great Don... Wish I had a decent lager on, but I'm too slack to decoct these days :)

Loos great Don... Wish I had a decent lager on, but I'm too slack to decoct these days :)

it was my first decoction, might be another year before i do it again, its a long brew day, especially if chilling

might try 1 or 2 percent melanoidin malt next to see if i can cheat it

i also have the same wort fermented with wy 2001 on tap right beside this one, thats the next glass i'll be pouring

Hey Don,

Melanoidin works well, but it's not the same as decocting. The true decocted flavour is superior - how superior depends on your threshold for time vs painful waiting.... (in my case, I vote time :p)

Cheers

NZ Wheat....

Brewed and dry hopped with NZ Motueka Flowers (Thanks Dan/King Brown Brewing ;) )

View attachment 57358

wel it is a style that is best drunk fresh, and i dont think you can get fresher than 1 hour, now drink up and enjoy it before it ages :D

LOL, it's not really a true wheat... fermented with 1272, so it's an American Wheat with NZ hops... Still pretty bloody tasty so far. Probably should lay off the pints, though - the AFL finals aren't on for another hour....

;)

Hey, I've been busy.... Busy kegging beers, cleaning kegs, watching Hells Kitchen... Drinking... It's hard, HARD work man :p And I did all my housework yesterday :p

And yes, get into that Saison. You must be tired from all the pictures Anna posted on Facebook this morning (my count is 16!)

:p

Nick made me do it, honest.
shootin__.JPG
A Grisette is going into the cube-of-death in the background.

Back