Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strong Pale Lager, needs to clear the keg, as this has been sitting around for 4 months.

Still pretty good, enough to win awards.

IMG_20120926_191205.jpg

Are you a father again yet me lud?:

Had a couple of Warra's latest brews over the last few days.

Summer Ale

8026090328_2946b2e094.jpg

Nice golden/orange/copper appearance, fine white head that softens on standing. Clean mineral aroma, herbal hop notes. Flavor is very smooth and bitter, slight caramel malt, hint of citrus. Light to medium carbonation. Pleasant mineral after taste. Overall a very clean, crisp and balanced summer quaffer.

English Ale

8026090631_5f3ac00410.jpg

Burnt orange color, slightly haze and a rocky head. Subtle herbal/fruity hop aroma. Nice grainy malt flavors, firm but balanced woody bitterness. Carbonation med to low. Again another perfectly balanced beer.

Great looking beers, blokes, also a bang up effort from the ladies too, cocko.

Pommy Bitter

109_2375.JPG

AIPA- 6.7%

109_2392.JPG

Hoppawatti

An IPA about 6.5%, with trucks load of Citra, Galaxy and Simcoe hops, with a bitterness that feels like you've been fingered.....

ipa.jpg

Munich dunkel

80% munich I (weyermann)
20% pilsner (weyermann)
Hallertauer Mittelfrher 6.5%AA 40min 20 IBU
OG:1.051
FG:1.014

Yeast: Hella Bock 2487PC

So malty bready and creamy. Yum yum yum give me this anyday over a hop driven monster. I love this beer and it shall be on tap at the FatDogHead brewery from now on.

DSC_0145.JPG

Munich dunkel

80% munich I (weyermann)
20% pilsner (weyermann)
Hallertauer Mittelfrher 6.5%AA 40min 20 IBU
OG:1.051
FG:1.014

Yeast: Hella Bock 2487PC

So malty bready and creamy. Yum yum yum give me this anyday over a hop driven monster. I love this beer and it shall be on tap at the FatDogHead brewery from now on.

View attachment 57516

Looks good Gav,

quick question, how'd you get that colour with only munich I (assuming Weyermann) and pils? did you boil for ages, caramalise etc?

cascade & centennial french saison. no idea how these things are supposed to taste but i think it would be better if the 1st day of ferment hadn't been at 35*. a bit of pepper and lots of sauvignon blanc

finished at 1.002 which makes it 6%

just perfect for grand final breakfast!

20120929_104115.jpg

lol hope you dont keep drinking them or you will miss the grand final : P looks good, Never brewed a saison before ether

cascade & centennial french saison. no idea how these things are supposed to taste but i think it would be better if the 1st day of ferment hadn't been at 35*. a bit of pepper and lots of sauvignon blanc

finished at 1.002 which makes it 6%

just perfect for grand final breakfast!

View attachment 57521

Love saisons! Gotta get my saison and witbier mojo on for the approaching Summer.

Just remember, it's the Belgian strain that can push the higher temps of 30+, not the french strain...

2 pints later and I'm really digging this. You are right though Kelby, 1 more then onto mids I think

Looks good Gav,

quick question, how'd you get that colour with only munich I (assuming Weyermann) and pils? did you boil for ages, caramalise etc?

Ahh sorry about that I forgot the carraffa II. Just added a touch to darken it up.

munich 80%
Pilsner 18%
carraffa 2%

Ill probably back off the carraffa a tad to lighten it up next time. I think I put the recipe in the data base.

Belgian Golden Strong in the Duvel style.
Thanks to Hogshead for the ripper glass.

Looks superb Deano. :beerbang:

Only thing on tap here atm (due to my recent fermentation issues :ph34r: ) is Cider.
Not for long though, Brewed a standard Bitter last weekend for Beasties and an ESB today.
Kegged an AIPA and an APA today as well.
I'm back.

Belgian Golden Strong in the Duvel style.
Thanks to Hogshead for the ripper glass.

That Belgian looks really tasty billygoat. We WILL meet up next time you're up this way. :party:
Your pic from a couple of days ago looks as good as it tasted Gav. :icon_cheers:

Getting into the NRL Grand Final swing of things with a pic of my latest Rodger in the appropriate glass & a pic of my latest Vanilla Mocha Porter in an entirely inappropriate glass. :p
Hard to tell the difference between the two pics unless you look at the highlights in the bottom of the glasses.
Roggenbeir.JPG Vanilla_Mocha_Porter.JPG

Back