Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burt Castle Mild, attempt to recreate Whitbreads 1943 Oat Mild
IMGP3113.JPG
2.5% but seem fuller, surprisingly quite tasty.

First attempt at a Pumpkin Ale and even after a mere 3 weeks in the bottle it's smooth and definitely has pumpkin in it. Too easy to drink @ around 7%

20120721_170029_1.jpg

First attempt at a Pumpkin Ale and even after a mere 3 weeks in the bottle it's smooth and definitely has pumpkin in it. Too easy to drink @ around 7%

View attachment 55934

veery nice kieth this for the iron competition coming up?

I blew both kegs this weeks. No more dark ale or aussie ale. but i did have a bottle of dark ale and 90 IPA.....

It is indeed Mr Fish. You better get moving and fill those kegs stat!

Hi Tony,
what was your og and fg?

Chris.

hefeweizen

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 54.00 Wort Size (L): 54.00
Total Grain (kg): 11.00
Anticipated OG: 1.048 Plato: 11.99
Anticipated EBC: 7.4
Anticipated IBU: 12.4
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75 %
Wort Boil Time: 75 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
63.6 7.00 kg. Weyermann Pale Wheat Germany 1.038 4
32.7 3.60 kg. Weyermann Pilsner Germany 1.038 4
3.6 0.40 kg. Weyermann Carahell Germany 1.035 26

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
42.00 g. Hallertau Aroma Whole 7.00 12.4 40 min.

Yeast
-----

WYeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen

Mashed in @ 2L/kg @ 52 deg for 10 min
infused to 63 deg and rest for 45min
infused to 71 deg for 15 min
Drained and sparged with 80 deg water

ferment @20 deg and dump in keg from primary as soon as its done!

IMG_1762_2.jpg

One of waggastew's, the same one as in his post #4644 of 20/5/12 in this thread.

Pretty good description in the original post.

Nice light colour, very clear. Finely beaded tight head which lasts.
Light flowery fruity spicy aroma of hops, on top of some sweet malt.
Very clean on the palate, very well balanced between malt and hops, although the hops come out on top in the finish.
Excellent effort.

My first homegrown hops ale, Chinook wet hopped.
Sorry about blurry pic, don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Wraith

20120722_173504.jpg

Knocking back a Boonies LCPA, the last of my Kits'n'bits phase after successfully bottling AG #2 Fatter yak and then brewing AG#3 Smurto's Golden Ale..

Got the house to myself and have left over chilli to eat.

Life is good.

A hybrid AIPA/Tripel.
tripel.JPG
Been loaded up with Cascade and Columbus hops, weighs in at 9% ABV and should win by a knockout.

I had Tactical Nuclear Penguin tonight at Antique Bar in Glenhuntly Road Elsternwick. They are doing another tasting Sunday eve $18/60mL sample. Happy to go again if anyone interested. Slurped on it for two hours. Worth every cent. Dark berries, currant, molasses...obvious alcohol (duh!).

Tactical_Nuclear_Penguin.JPG

After the month off, my first beers were Quality Controlof kegs, including this -my new mild at 3.5%:

IMG_20120802_204537.jpg

IMG_20120802_204527.jpg

Sorry Rowy, i will get to yours, I'm not in the mood to drink much - i want to save them for a clean palate.

I had Tactical Nuclear Penguin tonight at Antique Bar in Glenhuntly Road Elsternwick. They are doing another tasting Sunday eve $18/60mL sample. Happy to go again if anyone interested. Slurped on it for two hours. Worth every cent. Dark berries, currant, molasses...obvious alcohol (duh!).

They've certainly improved their drinks list since I was there last. Looks like I move out of Elsternwick at the wrong time.

My Brakspear Special Bitter from "Brew your own real ale at home". Wasn't too impressed with this at first but it's a seriously drinkable beer. It's slowly winning me over. It's the first beer I've tried using invert sugar in and it's something I will experiment with again.

P1000722.JPG

A brown porter brewed with US05, brown malt, choc malt, MO... It's pretty good. I did a triple batch, fermented a second with US05 have a cube left and was thinking of using a Belgian or an estery UK strain.

2012_08_03_18.14.57.jpg

Fatter Yak as per the recipe in the database.

After three weeks in the bottle it's just getting into its prime now. My god. I've died and gone to hell, this is to much fun to be heaven.

I should have started BIAB earlier. I've never made a better brew.

My first glass of this IIPA, which was designed to lighten my hop freezer some. Because the hops are getting on, I got some 2012 Galaxy and Motueka flowers, and added 90g of one variety to each keg. This is the Motueka, and there are yellow flecks of lupulin in the head.

2012_08_11_15.21.19.jpg

Latest posts

Back