Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a crack at a Cascade Pale Ale (Green Label) that was discussed on the forum.
It was either going to turn out like VB or like Cascade B)

It turned out very much like the latter:

Galaxy malt
a kilo of Chinese Maltose Syrup (as opposed to da wite sugaz )
POR flowers

Danish Lager yeast 13 letting it rise to 18

Ten days at -1

I love this one, I love it.

However there's an interesting side effect which I put down to the maltose syrup perhaps?

20120618_175240.jpg

I had a crack at a Cascade Pale Ale (Green Label) that was discussed on the forum.
It was either going to turn out like VB or like Cascade B)

It turned out very much like the latter:

Galaxy malt
a kilo of Chinese Maltose Syrup (as opposed to da wite sugaz )
POR flowers

Danish Lager yeast 13 letting it rise to 18

Ten days at -1

I love this one, I love it.

However there's an interesting side effect which I put down to the maltose syrup perhaps?

20120618_175240.jpg

Quit drinking and install the updates on your computer... :D

edit - added smiley to convey sarcasm.

Belgian Pale Ale.

Oh this stuff is addictive...... runs the fine line between body but swill-able, sweet, bitter, malty, dry, buiskety, moreish yum juice!

BPA1152x1728.jpg

Pils, Munich 2, brisket, aromatic and special B

forbidden fruit yeast

SOLD!!
Care to share the recipe Tony?
Ill have a crack at that given the rave. Just what Ime looking for ATM.
Daz

My house beer Fatter Yak, superb hoppy with hint of malt.

feefd8fa.jpg

Gettin the hang of the new rig, my first pint

Tetleys style smoooootttthhhh pour on nitro mix. Joggled the keg a bit when I was hooking it up and picking up a bit of sediment, should clear by the third or fourth or fifth..........

man that's creamy, it's no wonder this style has taken off in the UK in recent years, it goes down like mother's milk. :icon_drool2:

20120621_165935.jpg

20120621_165926.jpg

20120621_165954.jpg

Been a while since i've had something worthy \, West coast IPA clone 2.0 straight outa the fermenta

My NWipAttitude

rps20120623_232050.jpg

Still got some work to do on the system but its getting there

Smooth pour stout

Y.U.M

Stout1206241152x1728.jpg

no........ its a damn nice stout but its not Guinness

I think its gunna take a bit of development. not that that will be painful or anything :p

8bb8a831.jpg

Pale mild with homegrown Chinook and Cascade late. Nice clean nutty malt character with good hop presence. Ripping summer beer.....in the middle of winter! Mad clarity too.

You know something is wrong when the mikkeller tripel you had is no where near as good as your own saison.

0995c792c05e11e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

Warra's American Amber Ale

No photo as I am busily smoking some ribs for the State of Origin kickoff.

Needless to say its another tasty brew. Deep golden colour, fine off white head. Herbal, peach on the nose. Full mouthfeel but not cloying. Bitterness comes through to dominate the malt without going over board. More of the same peachy flavour from the late hops. Touch of roasty notes on the back palate teams up well with the hops.

Definitely worth posting the recipe Rob!

PS. Will be hooking into a Green Flash Hop Head Red Ale after this. First time for this well regarded brewery.

Seeing as waggastew post his thoughts on my brews, I'll do the same for his:

waggastew's Harvest Ale (I think that's what it is, misplaced my note with the details I was given). Sorry, no piccy, only thought of it as I drained the last of the glass.

Nice colour, shades of gold and copper. Light head on pouring, but it did persist down the glass. I get some subtle fruity aroma overlying the soft malt. Medium bodied, and flavour the same as the aroma. Nicely balanced bitterness, not harsh at all. Nice smooth drinking. Would be easy to have too many of these.

I'm totally wrapped with this blonde. Probably start playing with the mash next time to get a drier finish, but I tells ya, for a beer that's around 8%, it's just to easy going down. Evidenced by the fact it's taken about five minutes to type this.
Belgian's are the shit. Really.

DSC_4030edit.jpg

I'm totally wrapped with this blonde. Probably start playing with the mash next time to get a drier finish, but I tells ya, for a beer that's around 8%, it's just to easy going down. Evidenced by the fact it's taken about five minutes to type this.
Belgian's are the shit. Really.

DSC_4030edit.jpg
That looks ******* delicious.

I'm drinking the best beer I've made too date a west coast ipa clone
IMG_20120707_182732.jpg

Back