Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A brown porter brewed with US05, brown malt, choc malt, MO... It's pretty good. I did a triple batch, fermented a second with US05 have a cube left and was thinking of using a Belgian or an estery UK strain.

Save it for summer and ferment it with a saison yeast at full 30+ heat

trust me :)

While I totally appreciate the suggestion, I'm going to pitch a big coopers reculture starter on this cube but I'm happy with the recipe except water, so might brew again and saison is def my thing, so I might give that a spin.

You should take your planned holiday to Imagination Land soon Jyo, I have migrated SOR and have four taps running.

You should take your planned holiday to Imagination Land soon Jyo, I have migrated SOR and have four taps running.

Hahaha! I have been found out; I didn't invent Imagination Land!

Sounds great.

I'll be flicking you a PM soon, mate.

edit- added capitals for Imagination Land. It's like Disney Land, only less real.

It's like Disney Land, only less real.
It won't be real with that attitude.

If you bring a bottle of your date beer, I can blend some with my cherry beer for some awesome innuendo action.

Be careful Dan, if you haven't met jyo before you're in for a treat!

Belgian Dubbel with sour cherries.
dubbel.JPG
Not quite at its best (needs another 2 weeks conditioning I'd guess), but not bad at all - not to style but WGAS.

mystery.jpg

Hallertau and Vienna lager

Last bottle, Brewed this about 12 or so months ago. Forgot about it and saw it up the back of the fridge today. This glass was ******* beautiful..... :icon_drool2:

Be careful Dan, if you haven't met jyo before you're in for a treat!

Hey! Bizier knows what he's in for :lol:

APA with Vienna as the base. Cascade, Amarillo and Galaxy. I'm not waiting for this to clear up...

109_2016.JPG

Brewday over and its time to watch a few hours of the 3 Stooges whilst consuming a pint or two of Irish Red.

ira.JPG

Edit: Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.....

My Belgian Tripel last night. mmmmmmm yum
not as alcoholic as i was going for, but i think that's probalby a good thing given the drinkability.

Cheers,
Al

IMG_3328.JPG

Finally hooked up the nitrogen bottle........ its been sitting there gathering dust for about 2 months.

6% ESB (unfiltered) from primary to this in 5 minutes :)

initial pour:

nitropour1.jpg

30 seconds later:

nitropour2.jpg

and done. took about 3 min all up:

nitropour3.jpg

Creamy head:

nitropour4.jpg

and it holds it too........ i sipped for half hour and this head was still there at the bottom of the glass at the end.......... as it should be!

nitropour5.jpg

kegging a stout tomorrow...... pics to come :)

cheers

Sour Orange Black IPA.
Black IPA with a little of my sour citrus as an experiment.

Really loving this.
Hoppy beer with a citrus flavour and a nice sour level.

View attachment 56563

Was pleased with the clarity from this little APA yesterday, it must be said though it was drunk un-refrigerated at ambient brew shed temps.. will be interested to see if it develops a chill haze when put in the fridge.

1.JPG

2.JPG

:icon_drunk:

Never buying Guinness again!

All praise the VT037 Multimix bottle :)

Guinness11152x1728.jpg

Guinness21728x1152.jpg

Back