Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midnight Train American Malt Liquor has now all been consumed, and now introducing:

King of the Road8.5% Malt Liquor in the container most likely to please if you are travelling by train, bus or just want to sit on the

View attachment 41386

Enjoy responsibly but pack three or four for full effect.

Just saw this now, Pure gold!!! love it bribie :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
ANHC Club Night Sour Orange Belgian Ale.
Kept a little in the keg for myself when transferring for sending down...

anhcsorange.jpg

Second Lager, German Pilsner
Got a slight bit of fruity aroma. Not sure if it's all that great. Little sulfury. Could be the flowery Hallertau.

Flavour: Enjoyable, little touch of bitterness, good level of maltiness, some sweetness, not too much, finishes dry.

Not the best of beers... live and learn. Maybe try a Bo Pils next time.

Did you lager it?

I have found a lager will improve in the keg over a few weeks even if lagered for several weeks!

If in the bottle, this is a touch more diffiult.

I say give it some cold time and try again.

cheers

Kleiny's Dark Belgian Strong

Kleiny kindly sent this one in the post following supercoach last season. Have saved it for a while and cracked it tonight.

Aroma I get a hit of gingerbread with a slight mustiness, Flavour wise I get a bit of licorice at the end of the palette.

Smooth and well balanced, light to medium body. Low carbonation, minimal to nil head, deep amber in colour, almost ruby like.

iirc from an old pm, there is some brett in the bottle too, cant really detect anything funky untoward in that regard, although the light body could come down to the brett chewing through some of the complex sugars.

Thanks mate, I am enjoying this big brew - not a session beer though! :icon_cheers:

DSCN4065.JPG

reading this thread is slightly depressing as i am away from my beloved beers and fermenters. on the upside in the glass currently is the stone and wood draught and what a delightful surprise it is, could be my new favourite.

J

The long awaited Kotbusser. It's still fairly young and i think will improve with a bit more time, the molasses gives an almost rauch like character to the beer and it has a rich full mouthfeel.

DSCN0424.JPG

Did you lager it?

I have found a lager will improve in the keg over a few weeks even if lagered for several weeks!

If in the bottle, this is a touch more diffiult.

I say give it some cold time and try again.

cheers

Tony... just saw this now. At the time of first tasting it had only been out of primary 15days. I've got it kegged sitting now at 4C. Took another sample last night, first time since posting on the 2nd Nov. I reckon it's improved since then already and lost some acetaldehyde.

There's probably 3/4 of keg left and plan to pretty much forget it now until Christmas.

must learn to be patient :icon_cheers:

100_3091.JPG

Schwarzbier

normally i use koppafloc in the last 15 and then gelatine per Screwys method in the keg but this beer is all natural this time, still hazy but i like the idea of nothing extra in the beer.

cheers

Well done philw. It's all downhill from here :D

ravenipaLarge.jpg

Raven dropped in for a quick pint whilst up this way on holiday and gave me a couple of RIS. This is the one with code RS 10 on the lid.
Mate this has changed my entire concept of stout. Nothing harsh or even roasty, just smoooth and fragrant and almost oily like swimming with brown women in a dark sea of pleasure. Brown women oozing alcohol heat as well :)

Will get recipe when Raven gets home at gunpoint if necessary.

103_1328.JPG

Blonde Ale. BB Galaxy and polenta. Styrian for bittering, flameout and dry hopped. A bit hazy, but coming together nicely now. I only have 5 kilos of Galaxy left.... :(

ravenipaLarge.jpg

Raven dropped in for a quick pint whilst up this way on holiday and gave me a couple of RIS. This is the one with code RS 10 on the lid.
Mate this has changed my entire concept of stout. Nothing harsh or even roasty, just smoooth and fragrant and almost oily like swimming with brown women in a dark sea of pleasure. Brown women oozing alcohol heat as well :)

Will get recipe when Raven gets home at gunpoint if necessary.

Bribie, please save me some... you had me at oily brown wimmen! :wub:

IMG_0489.JPG

here's a crappy pic of my TTLL clone.

Caramel aroma and flavour with just the right amount of bitterness that finishes dry... Nice :D

947b2544.jpg

Titan Amber Ale

Edit: Recipe posting

5.00 kg Pale Malt (Weyermann) (6.5 EBC) Grain 87.72 %
0.30 kg Caramunich I (Weyermann) (100.5 EBC) Grain 5.26 %
0.20 kg Caraaroma (Weyermann) (350.7 EBC) Grain 3.51 %
0.20 kg Carared (45.0 EBC) Grain 3.51 %
20.00 gm Cascade [7.80 %] (10 min) Hops 6.6 IBU
10.00 gm Simcoe [12.20 %] (10 min) Hops 5.2 IBU
30.00 gm Simcoe [12.20 %] (5 min) Hops 8.6 IBU
30.00 gm Cascade [7.80 %] (5 min) Hops 5.5 IBU
1 Pkgs SafAle American (DCL Yeast #S-05) Yeast-Ale