Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
947b2544.jpg

Titan Amber Ale
Fantastic looking beer, and fantastic scenery... Nice one Aus_Rider_22.

Fantastic looking beer, and fantastic scenery... Nice one Aus_Rider_22.

Cheers mate. Tasting nice as well. My first experimental AG brew. I love APA and I like a roastier, darker beer as well ala White Rabbit Dark Ale so I threw the above together. Tasting great. Might sub in a touch of choc malt in there next time as I wouldn't mind a roastier taste but very happy! B)

Cheers mate. Tasting nice as well. My first experimental AG brew. I love APA and I like a roastier, darker beer as well ala White Rabbit Dark Ale so I threw the above together. Tasting great. Might sub in a touch of choc malt in there next time as I wouldn't mind a roastier taste but very happy! B)
That's the beauty of brewing your own! I love to hear about the experiments people do.... successes and failures.

Been a while since I posted here since having to live down my Yellow Peril disaster. (If you don't know, don't ask) :(
Quick pic of my Hey (Vanilla Mocha) Porter with lots of coffee & hints of vanilla as the name implies. Around 54 IBU, 2 1\2 months old & not too bad at all.

0126_Hey__Vanilla_Mocha__Porter.JPG

TP

947b2544.jpg

Titan Amber Ale

Edit: Recipe posting

5.00 kg Pale Malt (Weyermann) (6.5 EBC) Grain 87.72 %
0.30 kg Caramunich I (Weyermann) (100.5 EBC) Grain 5.26 %
0.20 kg Caraaroma (Weyermann) (350.7 EBC) Grain 3.51 %
0.20 kg Carared (45.0 EBC) Grain 3.51 %
20.00 gm Cascade [7.80 %] (10 min) Hops 6.6 IBU
10.00 gm Simcoe [12.20 %] (10 min) Hops 5.2 IBU
30.00 gm Simcoe [12.20 %] (5 min) Hops 8.6 IBU
30.00 gm Cascade [7.80 %] (5 min) Hops 5.5 IBU
1 Pkgs SafAle American (DCL Yeast #S-05) Yeast-Ale
EBC 28 IBU 26 OG 1049 FG 1012 4.8%

Looks like Kingsthorpe/Oaky..........nice looking beer too. Well Done!

Screwy

Been a while since I posted here since having to live down my Yellow Peril disaster. (If you don't know, don't ask) :(
Quick pic of my Hey (Vanilla Mocha) Porter with lots of coffee & hints of vanilla as the name implies. Around 54 IBU, 2 1\2 months old & not too bad at all.

View attachment 42382

TP

Now that was one killer beer, really enjoyed it Pete!
t.gif

Screwy

Now that was one killer beer, really enjoyed it Pete!
t.gif

Screwy

I was only allowed one of these so there would be some left for Screwy, and it still f$cking going !

Batz

View attachment 42382

TP

Any chance of a recipe TP?

I was only allowed one of these so there would be some left for Screwy, and it still f$cking going !

Batz

:lol: :lol: Not a beer for the Batz eh?

It ticked all the ticks for a Vanilla Coffee Porter. Certainly not subtle and left you in no doubt but beautifully balanced.

Screwy

:lol: :lol: Not a beer for the Batz eh?

It ticked all the ticks for a Vanilla Coffee Porter. Certainly not subtle and left you in no doubt but beautifully balanced.

Screwy

Not more than one very small one anyway, and I liked it so much!

A rubbish photo

IPA.jpg

My Cascade IPA after about 4 months in the bottle. Absolute cracker, big on bitterness but matched well with malt and the slightest touch of diacetyl.

Was basically a Thomas Coopers IPA tin with CaraAroma grain (good for head retention!), plenty of Cascade and S04 yeast.

My Hybrid Hopburst APA - APA grain bill with a Citra and Challenger mix hopbursted from 20 to flameout.

Interesting beer, probably needed a dry hop as aroma is lacking a little. Clarity is nice though :)

Hopburst_Hybrid_APA.jpg

Alrighty, after being very uninspired by my first beer (kit and kilo) and absorbing lots of great info from round these parts
i thought i would move straight to a partial.
This is based on Tony's JSAA extract recipe.
Its been in the bottle for 16 days, great hop aroma - i love it, nice earthy hop taste, with a good hit of bitterness but balanced nicely with the malt, leaves this slighty warm, malty/hoppy taste in mouth.
Nice head, happy with the rentention - good lace
I am really pleased with this.
I will be bottling my first AG tonight - LCBA clone, so there is no turning back now.
Cheers

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
0.78 kg Light Dry Extract (15.8 EBC) Dry Extract 34.67 %
1.00 kg Crisp Ale Malt (5.9 EBC) Grain 44.44 %
0.15 kg Crystal (149.9 EBC) Grain 6.67 %
0.02 kg Chocolate (700.0 EBC) Grain 0.89 %
27.00 gm Williamette [4.70 %] (50 min) Hops 26.8 IBU
13.00 gm Williamette [4.70 %] (5 min) Hops 2.7 IBU
0.30 kg Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0.0 EBC) Sugar 13.33 %

AA.jpg