Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
103_1348.JPG

103_1347.JPG

This is my second go at an American Amber/Red Ale. Simcoe and Cascade to 35 IBU. I forgot the whirlfloc (again) and I am finding some haze issues. It still tastes bloody fantastic. This is the same grain bill as my 2010 case swap beer.
Cheers, John.

Weizen.jpg

FWK Weizen with 3638. Higher on the phenolics. No dominant banana but it's there as it warms up. Ripping through this batch, will be all drunk within a month of bottling I think.

Been a while.
First up, a Northern Brown (soon to be replaced by a bold American) ......

20101214_001_resized.jpg

then a Smoked Rye Porter (from memory - pale, smoked, rye, crystal rye, MO based crystal & chocolate, spiced with Fuggle & EKG)

20101214_005_resized.jpg

Too late now as Christmas is upon us, but need to get some Cinnamon into the next one.

Merry Christmas to all,

Peter

Been a while.
First up, a Northern Brown (soon to be replaced by a bold American) ......

View attachment 42791

then a Smoked Rye Porter (from memory - pale, smoked, rye, crystal rye, MO based crystal & chocolate, spiced with Fuggle & EKG)

View attachment 42792

Too late now as Christmas is upon us, but need to get some Cinnamon into the next one.

Merry Christmas to all,

Peter

dude that is some awesome head! what was your mash profile like?

This would have to be my best beer to date so worthy of a post in this thread

This was a Belgian Golden Strong Ale that I made 2 years ago. Bottled some with brett and let it sit.

I wished it wasn't my last bottle :(

IMG00066_20101209_1820.jpg

Beer was highly carbed and went down a dream. I had a bit of a buzz going after 1.5l though.

Kabooby :)

my latest keg, a general ale thats bittered with aurora and then flavoured with stryrians
genale.jpg

also a great chance to show off my new glass from Lagunitas

Santa's Little Helper
2nd pull from keg. Something American (little dark!) recently mashed. Lots of hops.
Cheers,

19_12_2010__1.jpg

Dang that looks tasty Pete ;)

My Summer Saison.

Will put this one in the recipe database tonight if i get time......... its is worthy!

Clean mild fruitiness with a refreshing dry fluffy mouth feel. Hops are ballanced with the fruitiness and a bit of a "zing" in the finnish makes the beer so great for summer.

Saison should be the official beer of the Australian summer!

Your mad if you dont make one in the heat. This ran at around 28 to 30 deg in my hot garage. I have another going now and will put another down before it cools off.

Very VERY happy with this!

Summer_Saison__832_x_1248_.jpg

My Summer Saison.

Will put this one in the recipe database tonight if i get time......... its is worthy!

Clean mild fruitiness with a refreshing dry fluffy mouth feel. Hops are ballanced with the fruitiness and a bit of a "zing" in the finnish makes the beer so great for summer.

Your mad if you dont make one in the heat. This ran at around 28 to 30 deg in my hot garage. I have another going now and will put another down before it cools off.

Very VERY happy with this!

gday Tony, what yeast was it mate ?

Dave

3724 Belgian Saison mate.

mashed at 52 for 10 min, then 63 for 45 min, then 71 mash out.

started low at 1.038 and went down to 1.002

That looks and sounds really nice Tony
Will have to give one a go

Cheers fitty

I'll keep this in mind if summer ever arrives. Christmas day, it's raining and unlikely to hit 20c. Although, it does sound like a nice beer. I would drink it even on a rainy day.

3724 Belgian Saison mate.

mashed at 52 for 10 min, then 63 for 45 min, then 71 mash out.

started low at 1.038 and went down to 1.002

cheers cobber, can you recommend a commercial beer that would be close to yours ?

cheers

Dave

merry xmas btw :beer:

cheers cobber, can you recommend a commercial beer that would be close to yours ?

cheers

Dave

merry xmas btw :beer:

I'll butt in for Tony and say Saison Dupont - its their yeast after all.
merry Xmas and all.

Latest posts

Back