Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta get a bigger ferm fridge.
If you want lagers and ales, particularly in summer, then I think you mean _another_ fridge BribieG! :eek: Even with the two I have, it is a challenge to keep everything flowing smoothly, natural disasters, work and domestic interruptions aside of course. Even though the lager fridge gets swapped between ferment temps and some CCing action, I'd be far happier with a third fridge, thankfully my controller is good for eight! B)

English bitter...fermented a touch too warm methinks...a bit too much fruitiness/esthers in the aftertaste. It's fine after two pints though.

Waiter.... there is a fly in my beer :)

love the blowy on the fly screen!

beer looks great mate

cheers

Getting near the last of the keg of Belgian Sour Orange Ale I took to club night at ANHC.
I know I've posted this before but I've been enjoying having on tap a beer I normally only bottle.

sourorangejan11.jpg

Ahhhh ive posted it up before, but i was just cleaning out the brew rig and looked at it........... it looked so good i had to share.

Summer Saison, and OMG hasnt it improved.

Its so nice now, and the keg is almost done :(

cheers

Summer_Saison__1152_x_1728_.jpg

Ahhhh ive posted it up before, but i was just cleaning out the brew rig and looked at it........... it looked so good i had to share.

Summer Saison, and OMG hasnt it improved.

Its so nice now, and the keg is almost done :(

cheers

Tony, you got a link to the recipe of that one please?

cheers Ross

A nice dark wheat creation - heaps of Carafa I, %50 wheat grain bill. Also a LCBA a la Tony. Hazy but the bracing and mouthfeel is amazing! (please forgive the peripheral mess - can't crop the photo).

wheat_carafa_I_reduced.JPG

LCBA_bracing2_reduced.JPG

:icon_offtopic:

A nice dark wheat creation - heaps of Carafa I, %50 wheat grain bill. Also a LCBA a la Tony. Hazy but the bracing and mouthfeel is amazing! (please forgive the peripheral mess - can't crop the photo).

Wine glasss with dregs, Rubics cube, large container of plain lable salt, large box of tissues, stress ball ( from high salt intake ?) hmmmmm what going on??? One/many of these things does not belong
Cheers
Chris

:icon_offtopic:

Wine glasss with dregs, Rubics cube, large container of plain lable salt, large box of tissues, stress ball ( from high salt intake ?) hmmmmm what going on??? One/many of these things does not belong
Cheers
Chris

Hey....it was just that kind of party...you know how I like to roll....

1st roggenbier.

Fermented this quite low (18-19C) with WLP300 and it's thrown cloves in spades.

The spiciness of the rye comes through wonderfully, happy with my first attempt at this style.

It's been in the keg for 7 days so the yeast has settled out quite a bit.

roggenbier.jpg

Home grown Victoria hops in a rye golden ale. The 4th in the series of homegrown hops (previous versions used chinook, cascade and POR).

Very happy with this one, my favourite of the series. Victoria is such a unique hops. Loqats with some apricot. :icon_drool2:

victoria_rye_golden_ale.jpg

Having a RIS nightcap. Still in a keg, still with an oak stave drowning in it. Think 1/2 pint glass full of a liquid blacker than the ace of spades. :chug:

no pics, but finishing the keg of dark braggot from anhc.
i think there is a glass left.

Amarillo and Motueka APA. Low bitterness, big aroma addition. This is drinking nicely.

107_0213.JPG

the farmhouse ipa from this years funky swap
29012011073.jpg

very nice the tropical fruit flavours meld with the brett.

a year and a half old kitnone sour frambrose
09022011074.jpg

09022011075.jpg

nice flavour cant wait for my sour version to be drinkable.

SNC00316.jpg

A pils of sorts. 100% pils malt, 833 but Amarillo and Simcoe at 2g/l at 20 and 5. Brilliant. :chug:

Rooting Kings' Rye Brown

Nice smoothness in this brew, low bitterness, nice lacy head that is long lasting, medium to low carbonation, golden amber in colour. Bitterness is balanced with the medium to light malt backbone.

A darn tasty brew. Cheers mate!

DSCN4197.JPG

Rooting Kings' Rye Brown

Nice smoothness in this brew, low bitterness, nice lacy head that is long lasting, medium to low carbonation, golden amber in colour. Bitterness is balanced with the medium to light malt backbone.

A darn tasty brew. Cheers mate!

View attachment 43980

Nice..... what did you use for head retention ... carapils?

5 eyes

Nice..... what did you use for head retention ... carapils?

5 eyes

good brewing technique ;) :eek: I don't like carapils...

The recipe is loosely based on the little creatures brown recipe that popped up on here a while ago...I think there is a recipe in the DB but there is a bit of crystal in there from memory which would certainly help.

Back