Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the keg will blow soon but I am too scared to lift the keg to check.

Cheers

Haha i get that all the time. The most frightening thing about brewing. I can never lift the keg, i just wait for the time bomb to explode.

Beer looks mighty tasty aswell. Which would make it worse.

First brew back after a 2 year break, American Amber Ale, All Simcoe, Aroma and flavour very intense (But with malt backbone supporting), 179g pellets total, first addition at 20 mins (to go), Just over 40 IBU.

Wraith

Looks awesome Wraith, welcome back to the brewing. Miss it much? Enjoy every drop :)

What's your recipe on this one? Sounds good to me!

First brew back after a 2 year break, American Amber Ale, All Simcoe, Aroma and flavour very intense (But with malt backbone supporting), 179g pellets total, first addition at 20 mins (to go), Just over 40 IBU.

Wraith

Agreed, looks very very tastey. Recipe? :D

Thanks Pennywise and Nick R, Yes I missed it very much, now that I'm back and fully obsessed again, I don't believe that I actually stopped for that long, that first brew was brewed on 08/02/11 and i'm brewing my 5th one since this Saturday, so I've certainly thown myself into it again (2 fermentation fridges). The recipe is:

50% Joe White Traditional Ale
45% Joe White Light Munich
5% Joe White Light Crystal

A simple grainbill but works well in this beer, you may think it's too much munich but IMO it isn't, for starters I love munich malt :icon_drool2: , secondly this is a VERY hoppy beer, smash you in the face hoppy, you need a strong malt backbone to support it, so you don't end up with hop soup, Simcoe isn't a subtle hop esp. when you use a lot.

All Simcoe Pellets (Mine was 12.2%AA)
2 additions in boil at 20 to go and 5 to go, 35-40 IBU (Roughly equal amounts, adjust as required) (won't list amounts (in boil) as it might not be the same as me (Vol. of Wort, different AA etc.)
then 45g at flameout, and another 45g in secondary fermenter (Primary if you don't rack??) that was in 25L, Adjust accordingly.

Yeast was US-05 (I pitched 24g) What a great yeast!

Sorry if I went into too much detail

Wraith

Witbier attempt #2

wyeast 3944, step mash with protein rest, 48% burghul, 49% pils, 5% oats, 1% acidulated malt. Coriander at about 12g and dried orange peel about 9g or so from the asian shop we have here (wentworth falls), plus a bit of chamomile (think it was about 3g). 15IBU or so.

Damn nice, much better that the previous effort with too much coriander although next time i will step back on the coriander and peel again - i reckon about 8g of each and 2g of chamomile is enough. Acidulated malt helps a lot with this style i reckon, just enough in it to balance it out but only just notice it.

P1010557.JPG

OK, Next cab off the rank, my first AG Hefe, Just opened the first bottle and very happy with it.

Wraith

100_1272_1_.JPG

Dark Mid Strength Lager

Third glass after tapping the keg this arvo. was a bit of an experiment but has paid off quite well :icon_cheers:

P1040934.JPG

P1040935.JPG

Dark Mid Strength Lager

Third glass after tapping the keg this arvo. was a bit of an experiment but has paid off quite well :icon_cheers:
Looks very nice Brad. Are you bringing the keg to Bribie's? Looking forward to seeing you there. :party:
That view is almost identical to Batz's but seems to have a lot more trees a lot more closer? :rolleyes:

TP

Witbier attempt #2

wyeast 3944, step mash with protein rest, 48% burghul, 49% pils, 5% oats, 1% acidulated malt. Coriander at about 12g and dried orange peel about 9g or so from the asian shop we have here (wentworth falls), plus a bit of chamomile (think it was about 3g). 15IBU or so.

Damn nice, much better that the previous effort with too much coriander although next time i will step back on the coriander and peel again - i reckon about 8g of each and 2g of chamomile is enough. Acidulated malt helps a lot with this style i reckon, just enough in it to balance it out but only just notice it.

that does look good and an interesting recipe.

Regards

Graeme

Looks very nice Brad. Are you bringing the keg to Bribie's? Looking forward to seeing you there. :party:
That view is almost identical to Batz's but seems to have a lot more trees a lot more closer? :rolleyes:

TP

Pete that keg will be a memory by the time I get to Bribie. But I will be there and I will be bringing a keg :D .

I could only wish I had a view like Batz. The closest I get to the batcave is bat shit on the work ute.

The closest I get to the batcave is bat shit on the work ute.

Just do it next time Brad.
Bloody Nora! Not too many better spots for a great pissup meet the brewers or whatever?
No affillation, no whatever, no nothing, blah, blah, blah. :lol:

And to keep this post On-Topic I plan to show off one of my poor efforts ITNFIIAAPJLIAD.

TP

My first attempt at a Coopers Wheat beer
web.jpg

was different ( I don't normally drink beer like that ) very nice

Is the recipe for the dark lager a trade secret Brad....? Love the look of it :)

Love the colour of that one Ben. I really have to give Rye a go. Now I'm thirsty.

Cheers
It's a beer I've very happy with Brad. A few have made it now. Chappo was a big fan, back when he used to brew... ;) :)

Latest posts

Back