Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the recipe for the dark lager a trade secret Brad....? Love the look of it :)
No secret at all mate. You helped with the original recipe :icon_cheers: It was actually the last cube of the 66L batch of mild I made. The first two were tops on the windsor yeast but I had a slurry of lager yeast and thought why not. The roast and choc malt have ended up a great combo with the lager yeast they actually stand out more served colder.
Nice drop. OG 1035 FG 1008
Will definately be looking into dark lagers.

Cheers

Awesome! Thanks!

Cheers

Oatmeal Porter. It's been in the keg for at least 6 months now, and is beautifully roasty, but not chewy at all. I hope I can keep some for winter

7dd9889b.jpg

Edit: Speeeling

1d4482a9.jpg

My Kolsch. Really cleared up! The keg has gone quite quickly too

A Dark Mild, brewed with a saison yeast. At first it seemed a bit unbalanced with some yeast esters not really working with it but it has matured really nicely and the mouthfeel from the yeast really adds to it and the esters have faded.DSCF2836.jpg

It's been a while between drinks...

11March11_003.jpg
Blackberry Wheat Beer
1.5kg of freshly picked, ripe blackberries in 20L

A beer given to me by a friend. I actually forgot that I had it.. and also what it actually is..

IMG_29941.jpg

Labelled NY - perhaps a New Years celebration beer -
i know... i'm a few months late.. Nevertheless..

IMG_29951.jpg

Pours with good carbonation, holds a great head, lasts throughout the entire beer. Nice clear deep golden colour. Malt and spice tones on the nose.

Peppery ginger spice flavour to the beer - but really well balanced, not overwhelming, very pleasing actually. Leaves a clean and refreshing taste in the mouth.

Poured the rest of the bottle in, to include the yeast, giving it a pleasant yeast character.

IMG_29961.jpg

I really enjoyed this beer -thanks mate!

IMG_29971.jpg

Another beer from a mate,
cap labelled "L"
"Feb 2011" written on bottle..

IMG_28061.jpg

Cloudy amber colour, pours a big head that dissapeared quickly.
IMG_28081.jpg
IMG_28101.jpg
Slight estery aroma, sweet fruity and malty flavour, carbonated highly, but it is still pleasant. Slight bitter hop aftertaste.

A nice refreshing lager, surprising for how dark and turbid it was.

IMG_28111.jpg

Cheers again!

That blackberry wheat beer looks awesome Muggus! Love the colour.

Wraith

Brown Porter.

This is my most complex grain bill ever, I usually like to keep things simple but wanted to experiment with a more complex grain bill with this one (It has 7 malts + 1 Unmalted) plus a healthy dose of fuggle and EKG , Fermented with Nottingham, Very happy with the results.

Wraith

100_1275_1_.JPG

The Brown Porter looks lovely, thick creamy head, can almost smell it!

What better to enjoy on a cool weekend than a couple glasses of Marzen.

Marzen__1152_x_1728_.jpg

I drool over your Marzen :icon_drool2: and raise you my first Pommy Pale Ale.

109_0101.JPG

British Ale 2, Challenger and Styrian to 33 IBU.

I drool over your Marzen :icon_drool2: and raise you my first Pommy Pale Ale.

My glass is taller so i win :)

Im not far off putting a dent in my ale malt and crystal stocks, and planning on getting some styrians for this winters bitters.

YUM :)

RK's RIIPA

Lovely fresh grassy hit on the nose immediately, the rye is hidden with the big hit of hops up front.

Medium to high carbonation, with big bitterness and a smooth mouthfeel.

Thick lasting off white/yellow creamy head that laces the glass nicely.

Brown to dark brown in colour, cloudy/hazy appearance.

The grassy overtones support the IIPA nicely, I am a sucker for a good IIPA. The rye I think helps smooth things out especially with the massive hop additions in this brew.

Bring me another barkeep, nice one RK! :icon_cheers:

DSCN4251.JPG

RK's RIIPA

Erm, I believe this is not RK's brew, maybe it was Dr Smurto's? Sorry chaps, I need to take more notice when mates drop beers off for me to sample?

Slightly :icon_offtopic: but will the real owner of the RIIPA please stand up? ;)

imagesCAMAKJII.jpg

2011 Beersatan Cascade Harvest Ale.

Fresh cascade flowers :icon_drool2: and B Saaz - based on Tony's LCBA recipe...

SOOO Fresh and so clean....

IMG_0220.JPG

And to simply to show off my new tap handle:

IMG_0229.JPG

Clean.

Latest posts

Back