Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO really enjoys the red ale similar to Screwy's, piccie of the beer is here: Linky

Cheers Screwy!

Rooting Kings' Dopplebock

This is my first ever dopple, a pretty tidy one reading the guidelines too.

Appearance is deep gold to light brown, the head retention is poor, minimal bubbles around the edge of the glass only.
Big malty flavours, with a sweet alcoholic aroma but not hot.
Medium bodied, and minimal to low carbonation.

Best to limit sampling to one stubbie, any more and things could get fuzzy... :party:

DSCN4214.JPG

Coopers toucan stout (Stout & Dark Ale), been one month in the bottle.

IMG_3884.jpg

this is a blend that I did of the back end of two kegs. one was a a toucan and WAY too bitter, the other was an experiment with extract and too sweet! I married the two in a short ceremony and this is the consecration :D

CIMG4572.JPG

one of my best yet lol I'll never be able to repeat this so I am enjoying it as much as possible :icon_cheers:

HC

Went to check out the inlaws new place today and it turns out they had uncovered an old bottle of what I think was a Grumpy's masterbrew FES of some sort.

Bottled in PET in April 2008. Plenty of give in the bottle. Poured a little bit into a glass and had a taste.

Liquid vegemite. :icon_vomit:

Dug through the fridge a bit more and found a Brewboys Ace of Spades among the Boags so that cleansed the palate nicely.

my LCBA Clone.

did a side by side last night..... couldnt pick the difference other than a tad more maltiness in mine.

love it!

LCBA_110220__1152_x_1728_.jpg

Just got home from work, pale ale with brewers#2. Basic i know but hey its beer.

Cheers Greg

DSC01905.JPG

AAA.gif

It's half carbed, yeasty, and full of hop debris, but my Amercian Amber Ale is yummo. You wouldn't know there was munich, aromatic, and biscuit in there haha. I should have crash chilled before kegging, as there was 25g each cascade,columbus and amarillo in the cube. Had to unblock the out post due to the hops ( i only kegged yesterday ). Havent done that for a while!. Drinking very nice, smells awesome, and at the moment can only taste US hops. I love UK ales, but these hoppy americans are my 2nd favourite.

This is the first glass of my "Iron Brew" Comp ale. I should really get my entry in at some stage soon... Has been sitting in our pantry hard against a wall in the centre of our townhouse to condition warm for a few weeks after kegging. The soapy bubbles are because it was carbed cold, and warmed again, and not cooled to the same temp.

Tastes good, I think there is a lick of diacetyl in there, I actually find it complimentary, more of a slick sensation at the back than butterscotch flavour. We'll see how it goes.

My second runnings saison, still undercarbed and obviously quite turbid. The yeast formed some crazy clumps in the fermenter that I have never seen before. Hmmm, tannins, strong phenolics, banana. The tannins make it kind of like banaba skin. Mmmm... rustic. I am actually quite enjoying it despite the tannins.

Aussie Lager being enjoyed after a day of teaching calculations.

I might have to start filtering, the beer looks a bit cloudy in the second pic.

P1040932.JPG

P1040933.JPG

Aussie Lager being enjoyed after a day of teaching calculations.

I might have to start filtering, the beer looks a bit cloudy in the second pic.

That looks crap Brad, bring your keg over here and I'll dispose of the offending beer and clean it up for you.

:p

First brew back after a 2 year break, American Amber Ale, All Simcoe, Aroma and flavour very intense (But with malt backbone supporting), 179g pellets total, first addition at 20 mins (to go), Just over 40 IBU.

Wraith

100_1271_1_.JPG

Recipie????? Looks F*CKN tasty though.... :icon_drool2:

Dont think I kept the recipe for that one but it would have involved
galaxy
munich2
vienna
wheat
POR
ger hallertau
aurora

That looks crap Brad, bring your keg over here and I'll dispose of the offending beer and clean it up for you.

:p
The rellies already tried that trick on the weekend Winkle. They smashed through my mild and gold as well. Not bad for a 5th birthday party. I think the keg will blow soon but I am too scared to lift the keg to check.

Cheers

Dont think I kept the recipe for that one but it would have involved
galaxy
munich2
vienna
wheat
POR
ger hallertau
aurora

I love hallertau and POR in lagers and ales, a bloody good combination! where did the aurora fit in???

Back