Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Winkle, ive got 23ltrs of that almost ready for the keg.. looking forward to it :)

A beautiful little Hefeweizen brewed on Screwtops Rig , enjoyed after my daughters 6th birthday party full of squealling six year old girls , Beer drinking points well and trully earned. IMG_6315.jpg

P.s GO BLUES and i know its a pilsner glass

Just cracked the new keg of Devos Green Bullet Ale.
Slight amount of haze, but I can live with it.
View attachment 19200

Too damm easy to drink :icon_drunk:

Hey winkle did you go crazy with the dry hops? Sampled a bottle of it myself (courtesy of the devious one). The dry hopped character is what sold me (or rather blew me away).

Top of my summer "to-do" list. :)

Warren -

I was a bit of a wuss, only 10gm and I lose a bit of the late addition since I no-chill. Still bloody nice and a real sessional (think I drank about 4litres last night) but I'll up the dry hop to 20gm next one :icon_cheers:

1st :"Blow it out your Rum and Raisin" 250g block of Rum and Raisin chocolate in the boil, does not effect the head but boy can you taste it.
Nice.
2nd:"Flatulent *******" Bock, not as dark as the photo and as clear as, BUT, I am bored with lager styles for the time being, so back to.......You guys know what. :D

Rum_and_Raisin_web.jpg

Bock_2_web.jpg

They both look great mate............ which one is which? was the dark the one the bock ot the one with the choc in it.

How long did you boil the choc for?

cheers

1st :"Blow it out your Rum and Raisin" 250g block of Rum and Raisin chocolate in the boil, does not effect the head but boy can you taste it.
Nice.
2nd:"Flatulent *******" Bock, not as dark as the photo and as clear as, BUT, I am bored with lager styles for the time being, so back to.......You guys know what. :D

Dunno about chocolate but its given me half a bar. B)

Warren -

3.60 kg Pale Malt, Galaxy (Barrett Burston) (1.5 SRM) Grain 75.0 %
1.20 kg Rice, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 25.0 %
35.00 gm Cluster [5.00%] (60 min) Hops 18.9 IBU
10.00 gm Mt. Hood [4.20%] (5 min) Hops 0.9 IBU
1 Pkgs S-189 - Swiss Lager Yeast-Lager

I'd be real interested how this one turns out Jye, keep us posted

Thats a hell of a lot of flaked rice

Rook

Here is my aussie old, made with a recipe that pocket beers gave me :) still pretty fresh, but tasting great.

S4010014.jpg

3.15 kg Pale Malt, Ale Grain 78.75 %
0.25 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L Grain 6.25 %
0.25 kg Chocolate Malt Grain 6.25 %
0.25 kg Wheat Malt Grain 6.25 %
0.10 kg Roasted Barley Grain 2.50 %
25.00 gm Pride of Ringwood [10.00 %] (60 min) Hops 31.4 IBU
15.00 gm Williamette [4.60 %] (15 min) Hops 4.3 IBU
15.00 gm Williamette [4.60 %] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
1 Pkgs SafAle (DCL Yeast US-05) Yeast-Ale

They both look great mate............ which one is which? was the dark the one the bock ot the one with the choc in it.

How long did you boil the choc for?

cheers

Tony, I pre boiled the chocolate on the stove with a little water so I could strain the raisins out, as for the boil I can't remember :( . and the darker one has the choc.

Dunno about chocolate but its given me half a bar. B)

Warren -

Warren, you are "one sick puppy" :D but we love you.

I'd be real interested how this one turns out Jye, keep us posted

Thats a hell of a lot of flaked rice

Rook

Its probable a lot for the premium sub style but is common for the American lager style. There is a pic back in post 488 and I quite like it as a thirst quencher... very dry, crisp and tasteless... perfect :p

Grolsch clone, a tiny bit darker and not quite enough aroma hops.
Very quaffable though.
Bad phone cam pic.

Grolsch_clone.JPG

Is there hop aroma in Grolsch :huh:

Beer looks good though

Kabooby ;)

Yeah, this beer has absolutely zip aroma, and very little flavour, bittering is good, so may just back the bittering addition back a bit increase 30min addition (double) and add 1/2 as much more 10 min addition, would be a bit closer.

Just a muntons yorkshire bitter can with a bit of crystal and choc grain and with two fuggles plugs and a handful of oak chips chucked into the secondary. Got a bit of bite to her :D .
IMG_0298.JPG

Something a bit different today...pics of old and VERY new.

First off, my '05 Belgian Chocolate Ale.
Aged very well; holds a perfect head, velvet-like texture and excellent flavour packed full of dried fruit.
BCA_05.jpg

The second...well it doesn't look like much*, but it tastes a treat.
This is a combination of the last 200ml of the Lowenbrau I was drinking whilst bottling an all-Challenger IPA, combined with the dregs of the beer itself. Fantastically hoppy, besides the odd chunk. :p
Challenger_Dreg.jpg

*Note the inch thick layer of hops on the bottom of the glass!

It was wednesday night. I hate having to get up while i watch NSW kick arse in the State of Origin so its a tradition for me to pour one of these each half.

not the best pic ofthe beer. I will try and take a better one tomorrow and post it.

bloody nice though. All weyermann pils with about 5% carahell. Hallertau hops for a 45 min bittering addition and a bit at the end.

clean, crisp, bitter and malty at the same time. very nice.

cheers

german_pils__Large_.JPG

Latest posts

Back