Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my interpretation of Chad's award winning '07 Wit.
Many thanks Chad for this great recipe which, I hope, will give me a bit of a starter on my journey to produce a world beating Wit similar to yours. :super: :super: Chad__s_Wit.JPG

TP :beer:

Great looking beer Pete, make sure the one you bring to Ross place in the morning is nice and cold. ;)

cheers

Browndog

London_Pride_3.jpg

My London Pride attempt straight from the Beer Engine.

Regards

Graeme

In my considered opinion - the best beer I have made to date - I'm only up to AG 30 (ish). I know I am biased but this is the biggest beer I have made and I was concerned that the higher IBU's would throw the whole thing out of balance. I was wrong - everything seemed to scale up in balance - heavy Simcoe characters initially - then malt - no alcohol heat - impressive length of spice and floral flavours. The 2nd beer that I have made that instantly made the - 'will brew another one of these' list.

The good thing is that (despite its impressive length) SWMABO doesnt like dark beers :beerbang: all the more 4 me.

Sorry about the crap photo - doesnt do the beer justice.

RM

Edit - its an APA - 65IBU's 6.4%ABV

View attachment 19354

Rog
Is this the "Chesney Battersby-Brown's American Pale Ale by roger mellie" on the Recipe DB.
Looks like a beer on my short list now.
Cheers

FWK Czech Pilsner! my bum.
Can't taste any saaz and bland as buggery but looks good.
Just checking the carb :rolleyes: IMG_3261.JPG
Perhaps they put the wrong label on again. :angry:

Just put the a fwk czech pils down tonight, agree with the light hopping so I chucked a full handful of Dsazz in when I pitched. Hope some aroma comes through.

HA.

just confirms my low opinion of FWK's out there.

never tried a good one personally. I havnt tried them all but never had a good one!

If you want a job done right............................

very true tony, some of them taste very similar/ordinary. But they are so easy when pushed for time.
Bring back the old irish red,way over hopped for an IR but it was a good drop.

Rog
Is this the "Chesney Battersby-Brown's American Pale Ale by roger mellie" on the Recipe DB.
Looks like a beer on my short list now.
Cheers

Yep - thats the one.

I can happily report back that over the 4 or so weeks this has been in the keg this has developed (probably read mellowed) well.

Cheers and report back if you do make it.

RM

These 2 look the same but:

This is my mates scharles (the one I'm holding), 1 can, 1kg liquid malt, cool fermented with lager yeast.
High carbination and refreshing.

The other is an AG, finished with 50/50 NS/Amarillo, an ale with less carbination and mighty fine.
NS is a fantastic hop when mixed with others imo.

Bens_Scharles.JPG

B_party_pale.jpg

HA.

just confirms my low opinion of FWK's out there.

never tried a good one personally. I havnt tried them all but never had a good one!

If you want a job done right............................

Ok, I give up, what's FWK? I know FWH [first wort hop] . B)

Back