Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A variety of rellies and outlaws are due to visit in January...just making sure the tasting paddlles still work.
L to R: Cream Ale, Saison, Azacca Summer Ale, DSGA (Rye version).

Wishing a Happy New Year to all AHBers!

med_gallery_30557_1283_416782.jpg

Kumamoto_Ken said:
A variety of rellies and outlaws are due to visit in January...just making sure the tasting paddlles still work.
L to R: Cream Ale, Saison, Azacca Summer Ale, DSGA (Rye version).

Wishing a Happy New Year to all AHBers!

med_gallery_30557_1283_416782.jpg
Nice looking beers, and great Aldi paddles as well! I have four sets but I do over do things.

Batz said:
Nice looking beers, and great Aldi paddles as well! I have four sets but I do over do things.
Thanks Batz. I grabbed four as well, must have been around this time last year.

Love the colour flow from light to dark! Yeah I've got 5 packs from last year. Wife picked them up for $4 when they were discount and deleting them.

RIS aged on cherries and oak staves.

It's coming up to 2yrs after I brewed this, and it's really hitting it's stride now. Super smooth, low bitterness, subtle cherry, almost sherry-like aroma. There's probably also be a very mild oxidised flavour contributing to this 'sherry' flavour too. I believe some sherry is mildly oxidised during the barrelling procedure, Olorosso etc. It's working well in this, if this is the case.
Anyway, I'm on to the last few bottles...so sad.

image.jpg

Happy new year to all
Raspberry saison, bit flat as was a leftover bottle from new years, found out my carb cap was split when filling some bottles from the keg new years eve.

rasp.jpg

Huxley Selection IPA

Dry hopped @6.25g a litre with galaxy. Was worried I might have gone overboard but the aroma from this is awesome. No grassy taste.

40g of galaxy @ 10mins (40l batch)

40g of Columbus @60mins

1451729328370.jpg

A rather approachable Galaxy wheaty thing.

Very tasty indeed.

image.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1451806150.573929.jpg
An American Amber Ale loosely based on one of Pratty's posts. Used torrified wheat (generously), 1272, subbed a lot of the specialties with what I had in stock and went for Amarillo and Cascade late with Perle early. No dry hopping.
Just glorious. Had a Pintail Pale before this and this is right up there. Can't believe I actually brewed it and will be putting this gem back on tap in the near future.

bungers81 said:
Huxley Selection IPA

Dry hopped @6.25g a litre with galaxy. Was worried I might have gone overboard but the aroma from this is awesome. No grassy taste.

40g of galaxy @ 10mins (40l batch)

40g of Columbus @60mins
> 6g/l!!!??? Definitely a 'Brave New World' IPA.

IsonAd said:
> 6g/l!!!??? Definitely a 'Brave New World' IPA.
Have had several people drink it and all have really enjoyed it. Only way to find out if it works is to try it. Worst case scenario is make another batch without dry hoping and blend it.

ESB late hopped with challenger. A week in the keg and crystal clear, although the photos don't do it justice.. oh so perfect after a bit of gardening.

1452402001624.jpg

1452402056203.jpg

Nierra Sevada. Delicious, but a little cloudy as i had to move the keg yesterday. Love the colour of this one. This version has galaxy and Amarillo.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1452402724.077885.jpg

1469. It's my go-to for most things English and a fair few of my APAs. Such a delicious and versatile yeast..

I have another APA on tap with 1968 which just doesn't do it justice. Sort've masks the hops a bit, unlike 1469.

Latest posts

Back