Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drinking my 'in between' ipa, and sending a toast to the one and only star man. he was such a visionary, a true artist, and a huge inspiration to me. a few years ago, i brewed a david bowie collection of beers. my next brew will be another one in his honour.

citra, centennial, columbus, and cascade. lots of yum.
in between.JPG

20160113_171312.jpg

American wheat. 60/40 wheat/vienna. 10g simcoe @ 60, 10g each of galaxy & cascade in the cube. Fernented @ 18 w/ US05. Decided not to fine so I guess it's a hefeyankweizen! (Sorry Les!)

Delicious.

Drinking a Citra + Rye IPA.
Match made in heaven.
Brilliant beer.
Nice one.
Cheers.

Dr Smurto's Golden Ale.
Rye version hopped with Magnum and Vic Secret.

Tiny starter boiling in the background is to see if I can get the WY1272 from the DSGA going again.

med_gallery_30557_1283_546198.jpg

Kingy said:
Docs session light with citra hop shot (3mls kegged) bloody good beer (kegged yesterday)
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1452916969.309317.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1452916255.214393.jpg
And barrel aged tawny port through a snifter glass. The senses are being treated this arvo
Was meant to service the car [emoji57]
There's always tomorrow
Love that snifter glass. Reminds me of a really classy bong. Only for port.

Yeah, give the car a miss mate.
Particularly if the service involved anything to do with the brakes.

IPA I used to test out Ella for the first time. Came out pretty nice albeit a little hazy.

Using the glasses the mrs got me for our wedding anniversary last week while playing a lazy game of darts

edit: no idea why that came out sideways...kind of like my darts game

IMG_20160117_151636.jpg

Moad said:
IPA I used to test out Ella for the first time. Came out pretty nice albeit a little hazy.

Using the glasses the mrs got me for our wedding anniversary last week while playing a lazy game of darts

edit: no idea why that came out sideways...kind of like my darts game
Triple sixes all the way then?

Coconut Porter.

Just the right amount of coconut to get me going back for another sip.

IMAG2077.jpg

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Dr Smurto's Golden Ale.
Rye version hopped with Magnum and Vic Secret.

Tiny starter boiling in the background is to see if I can get the WY1272 from the DSGA going again.

med_gallery_30557_1283_546198.jpg
At what point does a DSGA cease to be a DSGA?

Coodgee said:
At what point does a DSGA cease to be a DSGA?
Good question.

In my defence I was following the recipe posted on another website by the good Dr himself here.
The only difference between mine and his 'current and favourite variation' was that I used Vic Secret instead of Victoria, which I couldn't source.

Edit: so if I should call it something else I am more than happy to.

I'm trying one of my stouts that was brewed and bottled 2 years ago now. It was my first, and only to date, AG stout brew. I'm planning another for my next dark beer. Unfortunately it has lost some carbonation, and the head on it was produced via the use of a syringe, but the flavour is really rich. It's probably lost some of the roastiness that it had earlier on, it is more of a smooth velvety slightly burnt chocolatey kind of flavour now. It's really bloody nice, just be nice if it had a few more bubbles, although not as many as I have in my pale beers. :lol:

12573235_10208859778240332_687614057163865945_n.jpg

Mosaic Summer Ale (version of Ross')
Kegged last night and bloody delicious. Will brew again for upcoming camping trip for sure.

89% MO
8% Torrified Wheat
3% Acidulated

Mosaic (11.5%)
.4 g/L @40
.4 g/L @10
.7 g/L @5
.9 g/L cube

BRY-97

^^^^^
You, sir, are a bar steward. Here's me stuck on a train, signals busted, with the thirst of Beelzebub, and you post a picture of that Mosaic infused deliciousness? Have you no heart? Shame, sir, shame

That's better. Summer lightning inspired English bitter. 80% MO, 20% gladfield Munich. OG 1.044. Syrians to 25 IBU, at FWH, 60, 0, and cube plus 2g/L dry hop. wlp007 at 18 ambient. Filtered. Delicious.

image.jpeg

Hop Hog clone.

Brewed on the Robobrew and poured from the Series 4 Kegmaster.

12494809_10153446754642462_6915171423979130031_n.jpg

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Good question.

In my defence I was following the recipe posted on another website by the good Dr himself here.
The only difference between mine and his 'current and favourite variation'[/size] was that I used Vic Secret instead of Victoria, which I couldn't source.

Edit: so if I should call it something else I am more than happy to.
It's not just you KK, too many people say DSGA and use different hops and yeast.....bugs me.

Back