Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pratty1 said:
Here is my Summer Ale ( aka American Wheat )it was my 100th AG beer.

3.8% Abv - 20Ibu , 60/40 Pils and Wheat, Mashed @ 64c

Simcoe, Citra Centennial in the boil and dry hopped.

Giving the keg to a mate for xmas who introduced me to brewing! (its ok, I've made another batch ) Its crisp and dry with a nice aroma, just needs a little more carbonation.

Fermented with Bry97 @ 19c

attachicon.gif
WP_20151220_002.jpg

attachicon.gif
WP_20151220_003.jpg
looks a bloody ripper mate. i just made a similar one with citra exclusively and damn it was nice. now you've got me wanting to make another :)

Faux lager (Mangrove Jacks kit dry hopped with cascade) partially carbonated and poured through a stout tap on CO2.

Works for me. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450854369.755078.jpg

Not quite set up for brewing in the new place yet.
Have done a few FWK's
And been happy....
Until this one.
It's a cracker !
The 'new world ale' from grain and grape (no affiliation)
Dry hopped it with a generous handful of magnum.
Almost like a Gage Roads Atomic or Mountain Goat pale

View attachment 85742

ed. tried a million times to upload a pic, good ol' modern technology just doesn't feel like doing it.
The beer looks good, tastes better. You may just have to trust me on it !

porter.JPG

Christmas Porter
Bloody lovely, keg must be about to blow.
Twas 15% brown malt and some other stuff, 1968 yeast and a little licorice root in the boil.

Wishing all brewers a good one for Xmas
cheers
sean

seamad said:
attachicon.gif
porter.JPG

Christmas Porter
Bloody lovely, keg must be about to blow.
Twas 15% brown malt and some other stuff, 1968 yeast and a little licorice root in the boil.

Wishing all brewers a good one for Xmas
cheers
sean
You know we are going to need the rest of that recipe, right?

;-)

Looks delicious

First batch of IPA I've ever brewed, based on the American style. Very nice I must say although could use some tinkering. I'm happy with the malt bill but keen to try different hops in it; this one was brewed with Centennial and Mosaic.

12373230_10208670145059621_593942127350816421_n.jpg

stewy said:
You know we are going to need the rest of that recipe, right?

;-)

Looks delicious
Nah... I got brown malt AND some other stuff in the shed. All good!

Tips for the festive season brews tho. I've grabbed a couple of cinnamon, nutmeg and star anise spiked bottles from under the house for tomorrow.

Looks exactly the same as the last one, but it's the beer Dog would drink, if Dog existed - Amarillo / and 5g /L Huell Melon Saison. Faaarkkkk. Tissue beer

My annual Christmas new world lager. Out on the deck over looking Copacabana beach.

93% pils
5% wheat
2% acidulated

Warrior @ 60
Simcoe/Centennial @ 5

Mashed at 63c/90mins

Fermented with Wlp802 Czech Budjavar Yeast @ 11c

Very clean, mild bitterness at 25ibu. Abv after ferment got to 4.5%

WP_20151226_003.jpg

The pic is an oldie but it's the same beer..classic dry stout.

It's a never-ending keg and it's not that I don't like the stout, but I only have two kegs and I really want to get a Cream Ale kegged because rellies are visiting soon and I suspect the Cream Ale won't be as confronting for them as the rest of my brews.

My Boxing Day mission is to crack on and finish the never-ending keg.

med_gallery_30557_1283_52758.jpg

Barrel aged RIS finally losing thd overpowering bourbon and now the wood is peeking through a bit, might become the new short black in the house ... better try a long one too

image.jpg

Two Hearted IPA clone. Keg blew on the next pour. Was at it's best within the first week of kegging.

73% Pale
22% MO
3.5% Crystal
2.5% Acidulated

Adjusted for No Chill so Centennnial @ 25 & 10.
5 g/L dry hop.

5bc839be-5b0b-4384-bea5-b3e5f0901472.jpg

After my megaswill idea of home brew for Christmas was a fail this year I am drinking home brew bottled stuff up to 2 years old.

Chilli Beer: Extract brew with a flair. 2 years old. Literally a dried Birdseye Chilli in each bottle. Carb dropped. This has a carbonation of about 4! maybe. Extremely fizzy fruity and a total freak. Like fruity Champagne Beer. It smells so yummy and sweat and its tingly in the mouth with burn!. So sad it was the last bottle.

Cascade Harvest IPA. A 7.5% An English balanced IPA with all home grown fresh picked Cascade Hops. 800g for a 38lt brew. Wet hopped in one of the two kegs. The wet hop version was extremely good. The other keg was good but bitterness level was IBU=45. 15IBU too low IMO.
Still it was excellent. I bottled from keg into pet bottles for 6 months and it was awesome. Now its all gone too. :drinks:

Back