Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freshly kegged IPA, 7.1%

Bittered with Chinook to 15, cube addition of 30 IBU of Chinook and mosaic each. Then dry hopped with 40g each of Chinook, mosiac and citra. Didn't really cold crash it because I wanted to get it kegged before I go away for a week so it's still got yeast and hop floaties (hence the murkiness) but tasting great.

Tried the west coast IPA yeast in this one and really liking it. Quite dangerous beer though, way too tasty and drinkable for 7%; probably should of poured a smaller tester since it have worked later this arvo. Going to be good when when cleared in a week

hwall95 said:
Freshly kegged IPA, 7.1%

Bittered with Chinook to 15, cube addition of 30 IBU of Chinook and mosaic each. Then dry hopped with 40g each of Chinook, mosiac and citra. Didn't really cold crash it because I wanted to get it kegged before I go away for a week so it's still got yeast and hop floaties (hence the murkiness) but tasting great.

Tried the west coast IPA yeast in this one and really liking it. Quite dangerous beer though, way too tasty and drinkable for 7%; probably should of poured a smaller tester since it have worked later this arvo. Going to be good when when cleared in a week
Forgot the photo..

1449104564033.jpg

Also a little tester of my 3.2% mild that's also freshly carbed

Really drinkable, a nice caramel biscuit flavour going on. Gotta love a mild on a warm day. This time I used 1469, finished really fast and dropped clear pretty quick. Only pitched it a week ago.

1449106758398.jpg

My first RIS, only about 3 months in the bottle. Couldn't help myself.
Big crystal hit to start with and evidence of youth but after a few sips it all subsided and ticked all the boxes. The complexity shone through. Bloody nice.

PB289024.JPG

TheWiggman said:
My first RIS, only about 3 months in the bottle. Couldn't help myself.
Big crystal hit to start with and evidence of youth but after a few sips it all subsided and ticked all the boxes. The complexity shone through. Bloody nice.

attachicon.gif
PB289024.JPG
Damn fine photography there.

This is a very green beer but a cracker. In balance with English IPA but Aussie ingredients.
I've done this before ;)

Its worth bottling! from the keg. B)

Edit. oops! forgot details,
OG = 1.059
FG = 1.008
Color = 28 EBC
IBU = 50 to 55 ~
ABV = 6.7%
Bitterness Ratio = 0.883 IBU/SG

Good extraction efficiency. Very malty. Heavily late hop and dry hopped.

This pic is the pint glass after a nice gulp. :chug:

IMG_1531 (3).JPG

First use of M84 yeast. I was very underwhelmed initially but after a few weeks lagering in the keg it's turned out quite nice.

tmp_11347-IMG_20151204_062556-1118699927.jpg

Two can Saison, half a tallie left over from last night... Why not have it now?
Coopers Canadian blonde can
Coopers Aussie pale ale can
Belle Saison yeast
Made to 26L... Just over 6%.
Decent flavour for absolute minimal effort!

1449274331141.jpg

My 5th attempt at a saison and the best by the length of the straight.

A Moo Brew recipe that was in Beer and Brewer 18 months or so ago.

72% Pils, 9% Munich, 16% Wheat, 3% flaked barley. OG:1.046
EKG, Hallertau Mitt and Styrians to 21IBU.

Fermented using WLP-585 at 24C. FG: 1.002

It's bloody cloudy and also undercarbed, but I had a taster out of the keg yesterday knowing it wouldn't be carbed. Had to have another 6 sneaky tasters just to confirm how good the first one was...
...and I'm back reconfirming again today, keg might be done before it's fully carbed.

It's the first time I've gotten fruit from the yeast in a HB saison, all the others have been very dry and spicy/peppery (Belle Saison).
This yeast was supposed to bring the fruit, "Produces beer with a high fruit ester characteristic, as well as some slight tartness."
Pleased to confirm the blurb is correct.

med_gallery_30557_1283_539570.jpg

just checking on the christmas lager (#1of2) ooh it seems to be ready - dayum 19 days to wait...er but since the pluto gun is on the keg would it not seem unreasonable to confirm findings?
confirmation takes 6 tastings ^Ken ? ok that's good enough for me hehe

house fruity Ale something around 95% American Ale 5% crystal pale 35ibu, APA type hop schedule of mosaic but bittered with magnum for something different

first keg hopped brew - hazy dayz

tasty and er ... another 3 kegs waiting in the wings - lovely chubbly!

DSCN1405.JPG

One of the Weizen's I've been playing with recently (in anticipation of a hot summer).

50-ish L batch.

5Kg Wheat
3Kg Munich
3Kg Pils
Rice hulls.

30g of Perle (13.6 IBU)

WLP 380 @ 18C.

A bit under-carbed, so I'll improve on that with the next batch.

Edit: Thanks to Droid for the glass he left behind at the Vic. winter swap.

Latest posts

Back