Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dheddk.jpg

Brett IPA. Could have more carbonation, and some more bitterness but otherwise I'm happy for a first attempt. Funk isn't huge but it's there. Next one I'll up bitterness and late hops. Way more late hops. Because hops

more carbonation? judging from all the bubbles, it looks like it is plenty well carbonated; but it could use a foamy head. that one is a bit thin.

I just knocked off work and I think this might be the hottest muggiest night yet this summer. A perfect time to try my first glass of my new Watermelon Weiss.

watermelon_weiss.jpg

She's still a bit young but very refreshing. The watermelon is very present but not over-powering. A hit of clove on the back of the tongue is quite complimentary too. Hints of lime and mint - I'm very happy with this one.

My first successful fruit beer at last! If/when I do it again I might try it on US-05 or S-23 to see how it turns out on a more neutral yeast...

What yeast did you use this time? How did you include watermelon?

I pitched onto a yeast cake of Wyeast 3068 - Weihenstephan Weizen which may or may not have been a bit rash (it blew out the airlock on day 3 :blink: ).

As for the watermelon; I added about 3.5 liters of puree I made myself at home by chopping up watermelon and blitzing it with a stick blender. It was one and a half medium sized watermelons in all. I added the puree at 25min before flameout along with some mint and lime zest. The recipe is >>here<< if you're interested...

drinking my life of riley ipa

84 jw trad ale
10 weyer rye
4 jw crystal
2 weyer carapils
1.064 - 1.010
columbus, amarillo, centennial
77 ibu
wlp013 - london ale
19c

spicy, citrusy, and a subtle nuttiness from the sexy 013, aka, sex in my mouth.

lifeofriley.jpg

A few I have been working on perfecting.
One is a rye ipa with cascade centennial.
The other is a black ipa with the same cascade centennial. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1448425495.414106.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1448425595.461897.jpg

Sneaky "sample" of my Lupulin Addiction IPA while the roast is cooking.

8% with 380g hops as late additions and 310g dry hop additions. Mix of Simcoe, Cascade, Chinook, Columbus and Centennial.

Gladdy American Ale malt base with a dash of light crystals and wheat.

Danger Zone.

1448781459350.jpg

Edit: Oh, right... Absofuckenlutley decadent. Resiny, piney-orange aroma explosion.

mofox1 said:
Sneaky "sample" of my Lupulin Addiction IPA while the roast is cooking.

8% with 380g hops as late additions and 310g dry hop additions. Mix of Simcoe, Cascade, Chinook, Columbus and Centennial.

Gladdy American Ale malt base with a dash of light crystals and wheat.

Danger Zone.

attachicon.gif
1448781459350.jpg
You lost your boot after only one sip?

Must be IPA Sunday

50/50 Maris Otter and Pilsner + 6% dextrose to boost abv and dry it out.

7% ABV and 65ibu

Summit FWH to 55ibu

Whirlpooled heaps of Chinook, Amarillo and Columbus

Dry hopped with Citra, Chinook and Amarillo.

Pungent tropical aroma, resinous flavour with dry finish, soft bitterness to linger.

WP_20151129_001.jpg

Pratty1 said:
Must be IPA Sunday

50/50 Maris Otter and Pilsner + 6% dextrose to boost abv and dry it out.

7% ABV and 65ibu

Summit FWH to 55ibu

Whirlpooled heaps of Chinook, Amarillo and Columbus

Dry hopped with Citra, Chinook and Amarillo.

Pungent tropical aroma, resinous flavour with dry finish, soft bitterness to linger.

attachicon.gif
WP_20151129_001.jpg
Damn photos... That looks exactly like mine actually does.

Hop haze FTW.

Pratty1 said:
Must be IPA Sunday
Damn straight it is!

My C-bomb IPA.

86% JW Trad Ale
11% Wey Munich T1
3% Simpsons Med Xtal
OG:1.065

Columbus @ 60min
Citra and Columbus @ flameout
Citra and Columbus in the cube.
Calculated at 70IBU

I'm trying to keep them, but every time I have a beer I want one. Won't last long.

med_gallery_30557_1283_760004.jpg

My Peaches and cream ale. Golden promise malt. Bittered with magnum at 60 and dry hopped with summer at 2g/l. Subtle but clearly present apricot notes. Fermented with wy2112 for am authentic American cream ale.

20151129_184036.jpeg

20151128_074231.jpeg

Back