Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stone and wood pacific ale home brew clone

So7vdeq.jpg

Cluster FXXX

4Rt5y4F.jpg

Mexi Lager

WjJuyEP.jpg

Lager, lager, lager SHOUTING!!!!

Cluster FXXX 34 IBU and around 5.5%. Cluster hopped, 34/70 yeast.
Mexi Lager 30 IBU and around 6.5%. Calypso and Perle hopped, MJ Bohemian Lager yeast. 1kg of Polenta in a cereal mash.

It's cold, wet and cloudy. So, ESB it is, and my first one too.

Gladdy ale with 5% med xtal, and a touch of caraaroma and black malt, mashed mid 60's. Challenger and EKG to 42 ibu. OG 1.051/ FG 1.016.

WLP005 British ale yeast. Delightful.

1439012920654.jpg

Ha, just remembered I went to a kids birthday party while this thing was in the mash. Fun times.

Patersbier.

100% pils. Saaz at 60 min, small amount of Hallertau cube hopped.
Fermented at 22C with WLP-550.

A very refreshing drop.

med_gallery_30557_1283_24289.jpg

mofox1 said:
It's cold, wet and cloudy. So, ESB it is, and my first one too.

Gladdy ale with 5% med xtal, and a touch of caraaroma and black malt, mashed mid 60's. Challenger and EKG to 42 ibu. OG 1.051/ FG 1.016.

WLP005 British ale yeast. Delightful.

attachicon.gif
1439012920654.jpg

Ha, just remembered I went to a kids birthday party while this thing was in the mash. Fun times.
You filled above the line

Deliciously naughty.......

And a house ale

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1439027529.547572.jpg

Both these were bottle versions whilst away last weekend, the hotel had a rather nice lighted backdrop, so I took advantage. Need to get one of these at home.

And another one just for fun

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1439027704.513266.jpg

Williamette amber ale I believe

Edit: maybe they were the same, or different, fark knows, had about 10 different brews from the bottle collection

Bottles are definitely murky compared to the kegged versions though

A Deschutes - Fresh Squeezed inspired IPA

6% ABV 55IBU

Malt: Pale, Munich, Caramunich, Caraaroma, 5% sugaz.

Hopped with Zythos for bittering and mosaic + citra late in the boil.
Dry hopped with mosaic, citra and centennial @ 70g blend for 20L (25:25:20)

I commend the yeast selection to the quality of this beer. WLP 060 (american ale blend, I heard its supposed to be chico, san fran lager and something else blended). A beautiful yeast character which highlights the hop and malt bill beautifully. I think this might be my house strain moving forward. i can see this working well for american and british styles as well as high grav beers.

IMAG0103.jpg

Freshly kegged Mosiac and Galaxy Ale. Poured a glass a little too soon after shaking so it didn't pour the best but I'm loving the juiciness coming from these two hops. Definitely a better example of what these two hops can do then JS hopthief

1439091434633.jpg

Weizen.

Was meant to be a Dunkelweizen, but I must have under measured the choc wheat component, as it looks like a slightly darker version of a Hefeweizen.

Single decocted the mash.

IMG_0997.jpg

Weissbier.JPG

Tastes oh so deeply of grainy wheaty malt, with perfect balance of clove and subtle banana.
It's delicious and I'm loving it. Probably never be able to repeat it again, as I've clearly mucked up the malt bill somewhere in the process.

Cascade Harvest Red Rye IPA.

Must be nearing completion of this keg because it's pouring super clear. Lovely drop. 100g at 5 mins and 200g at flameout for a 25 minute hopstand.

http://s148.photobucket.com/user/howietheking/media/IMAG1336.jpg.html]
IMAG1336.jpg
[/URL]

Sits you on your arse after a couple of pints. Came out at 7.2%. Love BRY-97, seems to chew so low but retains both good malt and hop character.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1439463638.344703.jpg

Single hopped Ella Pale Ale. First time using Ella. I'm a fan! Probably a bit harsh on the bitterness, but I don't mind that in a hoppy beer. Lovely flavour from the cube addition.

Adamski29 said:
Cascade Harvest Red Rye IPA.

Must be nearing completion of this keg because it's pouring super clear. Lovely drop. 100g at 5 mins and 200g at flameout for a 25 minute hopstand.

Sits you on your arse after a couple of pints. Came out at 7.2%. Love BRY-97, seems to chew so low but retains both good malt and hop character.
Jesus..

Schwarz bier. Almost 2months old and tasting smooth.
Brewed it on a Munich Lager 2308 yeast cake from a Dunkel.

Cheers,
RB
Schwarzbier2.jpg

Mad_Pierres Anzac Amber Ale

MP_Anzac_Ale.jpg

Would you look at that beautiful golden colour! Mad_Pierre (MP) dropped me off a few beers including this one that he made a few months back, telling me he was trying to capture something like a ANZAC biscuit in a bottle.

He's come pretty damn close IMO. It;s got a full round body (rolled oats in there maybe?) the colour of golden oven cooked biscuit and a rich malt presence that is balanced with a smooth background bitterness. Definately not a hoppy beer but a well round malt-driven beer that does remind me a bit of a nice ANZAC bikkie, just as it should be.

...and it makes me want to dig the golden syrup out of the cupboard to do some impromptu baking!

cheers for the drink MP!

- Meno

Pratty1, I'm having my morning coffee as I read and seriously "American IPA Magnum, Chinook, Mosaic and Citra" makes me thirsty

Bridges said:
Pratty1, I'm having my morning coffee as I read and seriously "American IPA Magnum, Chinook, Mosaic and Citra" makes me thirsty
This beer sure does quench the thirst. Dry hopped with 5g/L, late kettle additions was about 200g from 15mins to flameout and a solid bittering charge getting 38ibu with the magnum. 6% sugars to dry it out along with a 65c mash.....bloody tasty!

Back