Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey yum beer: pretty simple recipe: 100% german bohemian pilsner malt, saaz to 24IBU at 60 mins and a small amount (10g) in the fermenter. wyeast 2278

2e4ww91.jpg

Hop Thief 6 Clone
Mangrove Jack West Coast Yeast.

Booker- that looks amazing!

Coopers Palesque. It's a bit under-attenuated, and there's a sneaky late addition of Challenger in there, but it works well.

D1uxyBkl.jpg

FOTBC6F.JPG

American Amber Ale that is being judged at tomorrows Nationals for the Bitter Ale Cat.

APA.
Some trad ale, some medium crystal.
Hops were Simcoe, zythos and some homegrown cascade at flameout.
US05.
First pint from the keg.
Drinking well.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413366385.020064.jpg

CF

Coopers original range Toucan Stout - ( 2 cans, 500 dex, 500 LDME, dry Chinook, Wyeast Irish.)

On Nitro.

Truly I wouldn't even bother cracking out the mill to attempt an AG version, this is very nice indeed.

toucan new.jpg

IfO567T.jpg

Oh yes.
My house IPA. Hop2iT.

******* cracker this one. Columbus, Jarrylo and Citra hopped.
6.7% and 58 IBU,

Bribie G said:
Coopers original range Toucan Stout - ( 2 cans, 500 dex, 500 LDME, dry Chinook, Wyeast Irish.)

On Nitro.
What's the consensus on Nitro vs Handpump?

I've tried a couple of stouts on handpump in Sydney and they didn't have a creamy head, maybe the pubs weren't aware of sparklers or how to use them. When the stout's finished I'm looking forward to trying a few UK ales on nitro to recreate the "smoothflow" mouthfeel. I remember the old Tetleys cask in Yorkshire would be pulled through a tight sparkler giving an almost nitro head, ditto Brains Bitter in Cardiff.

Back