Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't Mention the War.

p8NfXAe.jpg

American style wheat fermented with WLP029 German Kolsch.
Late hopped with El Dorado and Cascade.

Lovely, crisp clean and fruity.

Red N Hairy

ByY30hN.jpg

Using all new hops, Jarrylo, Experimental Grapefruit and Experimental Pinefruit.

Wow, dank. Lovely.
Smells like something people in Adelaide smoke, bitter and fruity taste. Easy drinking at +7%.

indica86 said:
Red N Hairy

ByY30hN.jpg

Using all new hops, Jarrylo, Experimental Grapefruit and Experimental Pinefruit.

Wow, dank. Lovely.
Smells like something people in Adelaide smoke, bitter and fruity taste. Easy drinking at +7%.
Does the carpet match the drapes?

image.jpg

Smurto's landlord scaled to 5%

ala ghetto beer engine .

European lager (kinda vienna/pilsner) that I brewed for my brothers wedding. Turns out there was screw tallies leftover.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411630530.303544.jpg

It looks far darker then the it really is though, more of a light golden colour

5.1kg Trad ale
200g crystal 120
Simcoe and Amarillo to around 40 ibu.
Wish I could take a stunning photo of the beer bathed in sunlight in some natural surrounds. Some of your shots look great !
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411733101.991584.jpg

All I know is this tastes great, maybe my best effort yet.

CF

Brown hefe. Crappy pic, great drop.

Mostly standard hefe recipe bar the roast wheat/barley in the grain bill.

OG: 1.056 (abv: 6%)
65% wheat
33% pilsner
2% roasts.

Single bittering with Styrian Goldings to ~16 IBU's.
This one used WB-06... my other cube of this will get WLP380 to amp up the clove.

Brown, good clarity. Loving the smooth hop profile... mellow, earthy, little bit fruity. Blends nice with the subtle roast flavours. Not so keen on the yeast choice... too estery? Something not quite right about the aftertaste. I think this one got away and jumped up to 20deg in the first day or so before I brought it back down to 18.

Still, a little too enjoyable while reading a book on the deck on grand final day. Prost!

IMG_20140927_142955.jpg

I tried it a few times at uni - it never ended well lol...

The apricot blonde I made for my wife, knowing I'd drink most of it :). Those extracts craftbrewer sells are awesome. I've now got peach and I'm sure the one I just ordered was raspberry ( had to get another one ). Got a Berlinner weisse in a cube so I might try a few bottles of each flavour.

I made an apricot brew once, at the urging of my wife. Her parents have a farm with trees, and they brought back a bunch. I blended up a few kilos of them, and put the lot in the kettle for a brief boil with some extra sugar for fermentables. That stuff poured like fizzy orange fruit sludge out of the keg. It wasn't bad, but you'd have to love apricots - I think she was the only one to drink more than one glass of it.

Mr B said:
Newb Q, how do you scale it?

I like Coops Sparkling, new to grain brewing, wouldnt mind brewing heavier beers of whatever type.
You can do it using a program such as BeerSmith2.
When you enter the standard recipe, the program has the tool to scale it to what you want.

Or you can do it the hard way with some paper, a pencil, and a calculator, but the last person to try that was in 1954, and she went mad.

dent said:
I made an apricot brew once, at the urging of my wife. Her parents have a farm with trees, and they brought back a bunch. I blended up a few kilos of them, and put the lot in the kettle for a brief boil with some extra sugar for fermentables. That stuff poured like fizzy orange fruit sludge out of the keg. It wasn't bad, but you'd have to love apricots - I think she was the only one to drink more than one glass of it.
I did a couple of coopers largers (probably fermented at 30 degrees) using 800mls of apricot nectar when I first started brewing.

It was ok.

Mr B- Click "Switch Grain Mode" button and then adjust the original gravity. It will scale your grain bill accordingly, but you will need to manually adjust your hopping rates.

Cheers.

dent said:

The extracts are a billion times easier. 25ml in the keg. Yum!

mje1980 said:
The extracts are a billion times easier. 25ml in the keg. Yum!
Or keep the extract nearby and use a dropper to add it to the glass so not everybody has to suffer the fake flavour.

White Rabbit Dark Ale clone.

Photo looks darker than it really is - with a bit of light behind it there is a nice dark red tinge to it.

IMG_0208.jpg

Back